New Movies

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of John Wick, Jessica Chastain has a copycat on Netflix right now called Ava.

A few big names in it, but pretty mediocre stuff.

Saw it. Wish I could unsee it.

With all the competing streaming services looking for content, we're going to see A LOT of the same movies with a slight variation and different faces. It's great for people working in the industry, terrible for viewers.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Haven't watched it yet, but the George Clooney movie The Midnight Sky released on Netflix today
I watched the trailer and it depressed me so much I doubt I'll watch the movie. I need something uplifting these days....you know, violence or sex.(I kid, I kid...but I do need uplifting)

Jk8Fan

Georgia Tech Fan
I watched the trailer and it depressed me so much I doubt I'll watch the movie. I need something uplifting these days....you know, violence or sex.(I kid, I kid...but I do need uplifting)
I watched it tonight. Watchable, but not really a lot there. Hard to really care about the characters. May have been better as a limited series instead of a movie where perhaps some characters could have been built to the point that maybe we would care about them

Techster

Helluva Engineer

I just noticed the Fantastic 4 post. How many times are they going to remake it?! I think they try to remake it every 5-10 years.

Also, there's an interesting back story to the Fantastic 4 franchise, and it's really a bigger story about how the machinations of Hollywood works:

slugboy

Staff member
I just noticed the Fantastic 4 post. How many times are they going to remake it?! I think they try to remake it every 5-10 years.

Also, there's an interesting back story to the Fantastic 4 franchise, and it's really a bigger story about how the machinations of Hollywood works:

I’d love to see HBO or Netflix take on Astro City—like “The Boys”, but I thought the writing was better

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I think the difference this time is that it's with a studio that has comic book geekdom embedded in-house and the full range of Marvel characters to apply to it.

Feige has a magic touch at this point.