New inbound transfer candidate

Cam

Helluva Engineer
So did you just say "effort" is new to Georgia Tech? That would surprise me and astonish others.
You're not refuting my points. You're instead diverting to debating the idea that we're now publicly labeled an "effort-based program." We were talking about bringing in a player that you think quit on his team so he's bound to fail here. I am saying Collins has explicitly mentioned that effort is the main metric he uses to judge his players. He has hammered that for 8 months. So why would he allow a player to transfer in that he doesn't think will give full effort? He has passed on low effort players before and he'd pass on Allen too if he didn't think he could compete.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
The transfer portal is adding a really interesting element to the rebuild. Signed 21 in February. Expected to take around 25 with expected attrition the other direction in the portal. And already have 5 transfers with more likely.

Could end up having near 2/3 of the roster turned over before the start of the second season under CGC.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We should have an idea of how good our players are this season and who can play. These guys have worked hard in the off season to work with the coaches. Most of the guys that come to GT want that degree and may be reluctant to transfer just for playing time. Not sure how that will be handled for kids that are not ATL and probably never will be. I can see those below ATL kids that are going to be 4th or 5th year guys leaving the team but still finishing their degree.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
This kid had some big time offers. GT wasn't even mentioned in his list of original schools according to a ND site that published his intention to transfer. They were crowing about their in roads for top talent in GA. Need to shut that off. I still have an intense dislike for that school from days when they would run the score up on us in football. I would just as soon not have them in the ACC.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
We sure that a waiver is out of the question? The way he noted "personal reasons" makes me think he intends to try. Of course the NCAA would probably take a year to render a decision anyway.
I wonder if it is better if some of these transfers sit a year. This year will be a transition regardless (I still think 6 wins is possible), and a year to sit and learn the system will be beneficial. It also gives the coaching staff the ability to assess the current players on our roster in in-game situations.

I just think that with the offense having a year to adjust post-flexbone and a ton of 4-star transfer talent coming in at the same time with an additional year of development, practice, etc. that we can be really surprising next year

ScGold

Banned
We are definitely getting more talented. Three years to show out and be the force he thought he'd be. Now we need for the Nazz and J to come on down to fill out the biggest need on the front. We will get one of the two and both hopefully.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
We are definitely getting more talented. Three years to show out and be the force he thought he'd be. Now we need for the Nazz and J to come on down to fill out the biggest need on the front. We will get one of the two and both hopefully.

Yeppers. And 4 years if he applies for and gets a waiver.