New GT WR Coach (rumored per 247 sports): Trent McKnight

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Georgia Tech: Georgia Tech is expected to hire Trent McKnight as its new wide receivers coach, sources tell 247Sports' Matt Zenitz. He was Georgia State’s offensive coordinator and QB coach the last two years. Was previously a WR coach at Georgia State and was a Broyles nominee in 2020.

Anyone got any insight or feedback for this perspective hire?

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Yes it is and it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. I am really curious to see how the McKnight hire works out and what he’s able to get out of our WR group. I am also hopeful that the couple of WR who have been injured from last year are developing.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Per 247 Sports: Georgia Tech: Georgia Tech is expected to hire Trent McKnight as its new wide receivers coach, sources tell 247Sports' Matt Zenitz. He was Georgia State’s offensive coordinator and QB coach the last two years. Was previously a WR coach at Georgia State and was a Broyles nominee in 2020.
As an oc at ga state his offense was 60 th .
Like that he has overall experience. I felt like our wr a need more understnding of whats next after initial part of tree route. Should help King.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Lanning was a hot name for Bama. His team was a threat for the CFP last year. Safe to say at least one of his old assistants has worked out well.
Yeah, I know. But I think it remains to be seen if the recruiting base at Oregon remains steady with the move to the Big 10. We'll see about some of the others too. I do think that GSU made a good hire with McGee.

JPW

Georgia Tech Fan
Pretty sad, I have to believe he contributed to our huge passing game step up. But with how hires have worked so far, I trust BK a good bit with whoever is next.
My pick:
Jordan Davis- North Texas
Current OC and WR coach
Lead North Texas to 308 passing yards a game in 2023 (12th rank FBS)
Currently 225k salary (a little less than what we were paying Crawford I think)
Really solid history of building players/programs here https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/coaches