New GT WR Coach (rumored per 247 sports): Trent McKnight

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I think it’s a big loss. I have been very high on Crawford. Disappointed he wanted out that bad
I doubt he “wanted out that bad”, it’s more like they probably doubled or even tripled his salary. Dell McGee was making $850k as UGA’s RB coach last year. Crawford was making $250k at Tech last year. Can’t really fault the guy when an opportunity like that comes available.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Hate losing guys on a staff that's been very successful in turning things around, especially in just one season but I'm very interested to see who Brent Key tabs as our next WR Coach. Key has shown an ability to put the right guys on his staff. Lastly, if we continue to improve, win, and win big games at that losing coaches will come with the territory. It's a good problem to have

JackedUp

Georgia Tech Fan
I doubt he “wanted out that bad”, it’s more like they probably doubled or even tripled his salary. Dell McGee was making $850k as UGA’s RB coach last year. Crawford was making $250k at Tech last year. Can’t really fault the guy when an opportunity like that comes available.
It's not just the money. Think about how many coaches working Kirby's staff went from Coordinator or position coach to head coach. This offseason alone 2 Coaches. RB coach Dell McGee to HC Ga St and Fran Brown went from DB coach to HC Syracuse. Dan Lanning went from a DC to HC for Oregon. Mel Tucker and Sam Pittman are other examples. It's like Kirby is running his own coaching factory in Athens.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
It's not just the money. Think about how many coaches working Kirby's staff went from Coordinator or position coach to head coach. This offseason alone 2 Coaches. RB coach Dell McGee to HC Ga St and Fran Brown went from DB coach to HC Syracuse. Dan Lanning went from a DC to HC for Oregon. Mel Tucker and Sam Pittman are other examples. It's like Kirby is running his own coaching factory in Athens.
It's like Kirby is the new Sabin 😢

GT33

Helluva Engineer
It's like Kirby is the new Sabin 😢
Nothing could be farther from the truth. Satan built a sustained empire, mutt just lucked out & bought a couple nattys. They're still an undisciplined team with a crap regional fanbase. They'll almost always be Top 25, but they don't have the $$ to go toe to toe with the big boys year in & year out. They're a lot like Auburn, but with a lot more suck.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Nothing could be farther from the truth. Satan built a sustained empire, mutt just lucked out & bought a couple nattys. They're still an undisciplined team with a crap regional fanbase. They'll almost always be Top 25, but they don't have the $$ to go toe to toe with the big boys year in & year out. They're a lot like Auburn, but with a lot more suck.
Hope you right buddy but I was referring to his coaching tree starting to flourish. I'm 15 minutes from the belly of the beast and would love nothing more than to see the ugag empire crumble or at least go back to the Brother Richt days.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Make a statement by hiring a known great wr coach from quality program.

Open the check book!
We have a chance to be great in 25

For 2024 WL and recuitingv, its vital that this year wr do great on the field.

Why would King stay into 25 if wr arent great?

In Pensacola at a recruiting visit, crawford showed me that he can recruit by the way he told the head coach - "at gt we are going to sling it around!". I was not impressed with the 2024 route running 3 seconds after snap.
From now on we need a teacher WR coach and we need to NIL a top wr talent.

Last edited:

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Pretty sad, I have to believe he contributed to our huge passing game step up. But with how hires have worked so far, I trust BK a good bit with whoever is next.
My pick:
Jordan Davis- North Texas
Current OC and WR coach
Lead North Texas to 308 passing yards a game in 2023 (12th rank FBS)
Currently 225k salary (a little less than what we were paying Crawford I think)
Really solid history of building players/programs here https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/coaches