• AAC

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Remain in ACC

Votes: 114 58.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Dude, this whole thing is simple. Win division, win conference, play in playoff or New Year’s six bowl. That’s what I want us to compete to do every year. Do anything short of that and just be happy to play another game, get extra practices, get better, and win. It’s like that in every conference. 7-5 never warrants a good game.

Hell, we should be happy we are even going to a bowl game the way we started the season.
It's not nearly as simple as that, "dude." The ACC regulations unduly effect GT because GT has permanent opponents in Clemson and Georgia that other Coastal Division teams do not. We can call for the program to be more competitive against Clemson and Georgia and critique the ACC regulations at the same time, the issues are not mutually exclusive.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m happy ‘remain’ is doing well. I think the ACC is where we belong in 2019. That may change some day but for now even with the BS we deal with I don’t think its worth it to bail. With the ACCN influx next year, I don’t see how paying an exit fee would be a wise decision. I rather spend the money on staff, recruiting etc.

FrostedOrange

Jolly Good Fellow
IF the AD wants people to fund the Vision 2020 he better expalin the quick crap bowl and then he needs to hire Tony Elliot or Andy McCollum.... TSTAN is on the Clock, his days may be numbered this is some **** that Bobblehead Bobinski would pull!

Agree 100%, Todd had better explain this situation to fans, team, and cpj or this booster and my wallet are parking on the curb for the immediate future

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
There are only two conferences that make sense for GT to be in. Geographically the SEC is the best fit. Historically the SEC is the best fit. Football prestige wise the SEC again.

ACC, as much as I hate it...is #2 in all of the above except football prestige. We just have to make the most of it.

If conferences ever expand again, which I highly doubt, maybe we could beg and plead to rejoin the SEC.

Maybe a better idea would be talking Clemson, NC state, VPI, FSU, and UVA into leaving (assuming they ever get fed up enough with Tobacco Road) and creating a new conference with UCF and USF. The Great South Conference.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
There are only two conferences that make sense for GT to be in. Geographically the SEC is the best fit. Historically the SEC is the best fit. Football prestige wise the SEC again.

ACC, as much as I hate it...is #2 in all of the above except football prestige. We just have to make the most of it.

If conferences ever expand again, which I highly doubt, maybe we could beg and plead to rejoin the SEC.

Maybe a better idea would be talking Clemson, NC state, VPI, FSU, and UVA into leaving (assuming they ever get fed up enough with Tobacco Road) and creating a new conference with UCF and USF. The Great South Conference.

Screw uva, take VT. Shoot to get psu and Kentucky. Build from there.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I’d rather pull some of our football brethren from the ACC and start anew, that’s the only “greener pasture” given the options.

GT, FSU, Clemson, Miami, NC St, VT are a good base. Those names probably bring in 80% of the numbers on the TV contract excluding BB. Ask PSU to jump ship.
NC State is a good add, because they hate the other 3 schools and might be the one program that bitches about the Tobacco Road mafia more than us.
WVU would love to not have to fly cross country every game.
I’d throw in Pitt too, I’m sure PSU would love to play them as a conference game every year. Plus you’re bringing the best of the old big east, might as well bring them too.
9 teams, old round robin format. No championship game. We’ve come full circle. Not a terrible basketball league either.

It will never happen, but I would love to see it.
The way we screw the ACC is by winning a lot. They can’t screw the conference champion out of the orange bowl or the playoff. That’s in the hands of the players.

Towers

Georgia Tech Fan
NC State is a good add, because they hate the other 3 schools and might be the one program that bitches about the Tobacco Road mafia more than us.
WVU would love to not have to fly cross country every game.
I’d throw in Pitt too, I’m sure PSU would love to play them as a conference game every year. Plus you’re bringing the best of the old big east, might as well bring them too.
9 teams, old round robin format. No championship game. We’ve come full circle. Not a terrible basketball league either.

It will never happen, but I would love to see it.
The way we screw the ACC is by winning a lot. They can’t screw the conference champion out of the orange bowl or the playoff. That’s in the hands of the players.
Add 'cuse also? Need 12 to have a football CG? Yes? who else?

georgiatech22

Georgia Tech Fan

I agree with you. Send Missouri back to the Big 12 and we take their place in the SEC East. Imagine home games with UGA, Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina, Auburn, Alabama, LSU, etc. I don't care if the ACC tries to sue us or not, if we ever get the chance to fix Bobby Dodd's mistake we need to jump at the chance.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I agree with you. Send Missouri back to the Big 12 and we take their place in the SEC East. Imagine home games with UGA, Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina, Auburn, Alabama, LSU, etc. I don't care if the ACC tries to sue us or not, if we ever get the chance to fix Bobby Dodd's mistake we need to jump at the chance.
Send South Carolina back to the ACC and invite Tulane to the SEC

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Add 'cuse also? Need 12 to have a football CG? Yes? who else?
I actually dislike the championship game. I preferred the old way because it was balanced. Even unlocked cross division will have teams playing varying degrees of difficulty in schedule. Imagine if Duke had to play Clemson every year instead of wake forest(hahaha).

Screw Cuse. They can stay in the new ACC
Wake
Duke
Unc
UVA
BC
Cuse
Louisville

We will let them figure out who to add, because I wouldn’t care and would never look back.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
IF the AD wants people to fund the Vision 2020 he better expalin the quick crap bowl and then he needs to hire Tony Elliot or Andy McCollum.... TSTAN is on the Clock, his days may be numbered this is some **** that Bobblehead Bobinski would pull!
CAM? What? We need Elliot or Collins

We had two shots and the mutts voted against us both times. It would happen a 3rd time too. Plus the Miss schools don't want us.