Need a Spring Game Report

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ets-debut-defensive-3-4-alignment-spring-game

Georgia Tech debuts defensive 3-4 alignment at spring game

"The difference (from the 4-3 defense) is everybody out there knows what they're supposed to be doing," sophomore linebacker Jaquan Henderson said. "Not a lot of thinking. That's the main thing. Guys are making plays and putting guys in position to make a play."

Senior linebacker Brant Mitchell, who had a game-leading six tackles, said the defense was becoming more comfortable with the new scheme.

"It's growing more and more every day," Mitchell said. "It'll grow more when I learn what's going on around me and the defense learns why we're doing what we're doing. My comfort level increases day by day. There will be more meeting time and film studies in the summer and that will help us put one foot in front of the other and keep progressing."

So I think at the end of it, the Spring game was and is about the defense. Fact is with no contact on QB that removes about 60-70% of the play book. No real TO, no real counter or speed, no midline. Fact is in a real game CPJ maybe throws about 12 -15 times. But that being said I have been watching Bama and Georgia spring game and it is about the same. What good is watching Tech in a spring game just run the B-back down the throat of the defense.

jmorrison9

Georgia Tech Fan
Hey y'all, I know a lot of people have talked about it, but King was kicking very well. When I started paying attention at halftime, King made all of his warm-up kicks of 30, 37, 47, 57, and 55ish (left hash) yards. He made whatever was before 30 yards, but I didn't see where he kicked from. King could probably go from 62-65 based on the 57-yarder I watched.

Hey y'all, I know a lot of people have talked about it, but King was kicking very well. When I started paying attention at halftime, King made all of his warm-up kicks of 30, 37, 47, 57, and 55ish (left hash) yards. He made whatever was before 30 yards, but I didn't see where he kicked from. King could probably go from 62-65 based on the 57-yarder I watched.
I think he is over the groin injury from last year that resulted in him never living up to pre-season expectations. We MAY FINALLY have a kicker again. I just wish they had done kickoffs last night, even without returns, just to give him on-field practice doing them.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I think he is over the groin injury from last year that resulted in him never living up to pre-season expectations. We MAY FINALLY have a kicker again. I just wish they had done kickoffs last night, even without returns, just to give him on-field practice doing them.

I think with the new kickoff rules (fair catches inside the 25 come out to the 25) that kickoffs are not going to matter much for the most part. Most teams are going to be fair catching anything inside the ten if they know what's good for them, and most everything else too, for that matter. But given our past woes on coverage, some teams might be more willing to take a chance against us and try to run one back. We need to make them pay if they do.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I was mostly watching skill players, and it was hard not to watch the defense, so I didn’t notice who was on the line. Braun and Cooper were out and Lee was at Center. I didn’t notice Bryan. Did anyone take note of who else was on the starting OL?

I noticed WB (#70) on the sidelines a lot :) Has the full beard goin' on.

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
Can verify that @buzz_wiser© and son , @GTMom , @Supersizethatorder-mutt and @jwsavhGT were in attendance. it was good to see ya'll again. @OldJacketFan missed seeing you. Heal up and make it down when you can.

Hope to maybe meet a few other GTSwarm members this coming season.

To the mod that updated the color scheme - well done (y)
I was there also @awbuzz sitting close to the 50 yard line last row with our backs to the railing it's great seats by the way and I sat by a swarm member sorry that I can't remember his name but he's from Duluth,GA and a season ticket holder to home & away games I enjoyed talking to him

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I was there also @awbuzz sitting close to the 50 yard line last row with our backs to the railing it's great seats by the way and I sat by a swarm member sorry that I can't remember his name but he's from Duluth,GA and a season ticket holder to home & away games I enjoyed talking to him

Well I must have been a few rows in front of you :) I was right at the 50 about 4 rows down from the walkway.

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
Well I must have been a few rows in front of you :) I was right at the 50 about 4 rows down from the walkway.
Oh ok cool I thought it was interesting that the guy I sat by was a season ticket holder and goes to every game for GT he's the first I've talked to that's a season ticket holder besides @iceeater1969 are you a season ticket holder @awbuzz?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Oh ok cool I thought it was interesting that the guy I sat by was a season ticket holder and goes to every game for GT he's the first I've talked to that's a season ticket holder besides @iceeater1969 are you a season ticket holder @awbuzz?
Yes I am. [emoji3]

216, Row 9 seats 16 and 17 if I recall correctly. I just know where to sit. [emoji39]