Need a Spring Game Report

So I am starting this thread and moderators please try to leave it standing. As I live in Colorado and cannot see or hear the game, I would like to get some detailed reporting from you guys on thoughts. How the running backs look, how the D does, how the O deals with the new D etc.

Please hold comments until Saturday or late Friday evening, and yes probably could be in another thread combined but so many of those are very long.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Per the dc
The defense has been and will run the base defense for qb under center. They have not put in the schemes . It will be for the new d vannila . We areclooking to set the 2 deep w the guys that are best at block shedding and tackle making.

I bet its still way more fun than the last 2 dc. One question- after a tackle for loss ( we are behind our desired down and distance), does the defense play conservative or do they ago at same speed? Thanks

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Better yet, somebody send pics/vids.

I was very disappointed to hear Coach say he saw no benefit in live streaming the game. The only thing I can come up with is it might keep some of the local fans at home who might otherwise show up.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Better yet, somebody send pics/vids.

I was very disappointed to hear Coach say he saw no benefit in live streaming the game. The only thing I can come up with is it might keep some of the local fans at home who might otherwise show up.
Well...he did make the point that it was one more way opponents could easily monitor what's going on. With a new defense, why start the clock on film to watch? Yes, I also bet a few more ppl will make the trip down now that they can't just watch it in their easy chairs.

No one is more bitterly disappointed than we are at not getting to watch. But, I get his rationalization for not being disappointed.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Well...he did make the point that it was one more way opponents could easily monitor what's going on. With a new defense, why start the clock on film to watch? Yes, I also bet a few more ppl will make the trip down now that they can't just watch it in their easy chairs.

No one is more bitterly disappointed than we are at not getting to watch. But, I get his rationalization for not being disappointed.
Frankly, opposing OC’s will get a much better prep for our D watching old App State film than our super vanilla Spring Game.

Our O scheme is well known and familiar to our opponents at this point. Most have players with multiple years of experience going against it. I don’t see hardly any value in scouting our Spring scrimmage.

My disappointment is in coach’s lack of vision in the value of fostering a good relationship with the die hard out of town fanbase.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Frankly, opposing OC’s will get a much better prep for our D watching old App State film than our super vanilla Spring Game.

Our O scheme is well known and familiar to our opponents at this point. Most have players with multiple years of experience going against it. I don’t see hardly any value in scouting our Spring scrimmage.

My disappointment is in coach’s lack of vision in the value of fostering a good relationship with the die hard out of town fanbase.
Simply put CPJ doesn't give two @#$%^ about the fan base. He prefers noon kicks, shutting off the media and acting like an arrogant *** to his beat and local reporters. Which, when you are successful I don't really care about, BUT on a day when you make a major announcement regarding your branding and you have the chance to involve all your fans to not only promote that announcement but let them see your game, you can't blow it. And this is where TStan should have overridden him and said, we are going to stream it. I get not putting it on ESPN3 if you don't want to , but have it on the AA website to draw traffic there. Epic fail by the AA IMO.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Simply put CPJ doesn't give two @#$%^ about the fan base. He prefers noon kicks, shutting off the media and acting like an arrogant *** to his beat and local reporters. Which, when you are successful I don't really care about, BUT on a day when you make a major announcement regarding your branding and you have the chance to involve all your fans to not only promote that announcement but let them see your game, you can't blow it. And this is where TStan should have overridden him and said, we are going to stream it. I get not putting it on ESPN3 if you don't want to , but have it on the AA website to draw traffic there. Epic fail by the AA IMO.
I highly doubt CPJ was the one who decided to stream the softball game over the spring game. In fact I'd bet money they didn't even ask his opinion.