Need a Spring Game Report

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
I always laughed at this. It gives you an advantage, what in the first couple games at max. In our case, mainly on D not O. There is 10 years of O tape. So ok, we get a bit of an unknown for our first 2-3 games vs USF and Pitt. Other than that it doesn't do much.

Is that advantage, better and bigger, than potentially getting more national pub and viewers that could help distance recruiting and exposure??? I don't know. I do know friday nights for a spring game are a bit hard for many fans schedule wise IMO and having some media outlet woulda been nice...Saturday nights would be better. But as paul stated, he prefers fridays for the players to get more time off; less about the fans ease of use it appears
I don't know how much attention recruits pay to traditional media channels. If no media increases attendance that looks better to recruits in attendance of which there were many.

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
I personally have no interest in a concert, but if it would bring out fans, then I'm all for it. Just don't provide condoms to the group like the mutts did 2 years ago. No, I'm not joking; they did just that, plus shelling out big bucks for the group....a rap group at that....UGH. LOL

I totally agree with you on that and I was joking about the concert. It’s funny how Udwag fans make jokes about our attendance when they have to come up with gimmicks like Ludicris and condoms to get the numbers they get.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I totally agree with you on that and I was joking about the concert. It’s funny how Udwag fans make jokes about our attendance when they have to come up with gimmicks like Ludicris and condoms to get the numbers they get.
Giving away condoms at UGAG games might be a good idea because you don't want Dwags reproducing;):ROFLMAO::LOL::hilarious:

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
[QUOTE="GTMom, post: 418485, member: 1504" As far as traffic and parking, I recommend getting there at 4:15[emoji16];[/QUOTE]

Yes, I would recommend this as well...unfortunately, I had to work until 4. Traffic inside Atlanta was a nightmare, so by the time I got to campus, it was a complete disaster - and there were more Tech Police driving around in the traffic than directing it. I really enjoy this game, but it took me 1:45 to go 2.4 miles, park, and get into the stadium. I'll think twice before making the trek on a Friday night again.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
Does anyone else think that - while I definitely understand not wanting to risk injury - keeping the QB from being tackled means that we never really run the actual option, which leads to not being able to get enough reps in during practice to make accurate reads in the games?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone else think that - while I definitely understand not wanting to risk injury - keeping the QB from being tackled means that we never really run the actual option, which leads to not being able to get enough reps in during practice to make accurate reads in the games?

We actually run it alot in practice, I think the Qb's will be live in the fall too.

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
It was good to see all of you and meet some new people for the first time, especially @jwsavhGT! I had a great time. As far as traffic and parking, I recommend getting there at 4:15[emoji16]; worked well for me and I was able to put out “orange cones” to save a spot for @Buzz_wiser who did the same for @Supersizethatorder-mutt. The weather was good, although a bit chili.

Brad Stewart made some good catches. Blue team QB was surprisingly good. Saw some good runs from #50 and #15 and Qua always puts on a good show!

Not sure how, but we definitely need to get more fans to the spring games. Maybe we should pimp out our team like UGag does and have a concert before or after the game....if so who would you come to see? Luke Bryan? Katie Perry? Elvis? [emoji38]
We need to suggest that to Todd Stansbury our AD on the concert I wouldn't mind Jason Aldean or somebody that's real good we need to send recommendations to Todd S. It wouldn't hurt with that I think we would have 40,000 there at least a concert would boost it up 8,500 is not bad but I agree need more fans there,just think what it would do to a recruit and us!

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
We need to suggest that to Todd Stansbury our AD on the concert I wouldn't mind Jason Aldean or somebody that's real good we need to send recommendations to Todd S. It wouldn't hurt with that I think we would have 40,000 there at least a concert would boost it up 8,500 is not bad but I agree need more fans there,just think what it would do to a recruit and us!

Just wondering why brining an act like Jason Aldean is cool to increase exposure, but bringing in Ludacris is ridiculed? Not trying to get too heavy here, but being in the heart of ATL, it would be entirely appropriate and very effective to bring in a hip-hop act. A Friday night spring game with a Migos concert afterwards... it would be the first true sellout at BDS in years...

THWG

Helluva Engineer
The only problem with that is Aldean is a ugag fan.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Just wondering why brining an act like Jason Aldean is cool to increase exposure, but bringing in Ludacris is ridiculed? Not trying to get too heavy here, but being in the heart of ATL, it would be entirely appropriate and very effective to bring in a hip-hop act. A Friday night spring game with a Migos concert afterwards... it would be the first true sellout at BDS in years...
The crowd would show up after the game and before the concert.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member

a10aee37a7e56dbcefae95ef4429af4df37ca634aa792de7057101e662049c94.jpg

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

Amen Sir....hip-hop or nothing for the ATL, all you old haters can just leave after the game

Yes, I would recommend this as well...unfortunately, I had to work until 4. Traffic inside Atlanta was a nightmare, so by the time I got to campus, it was a complete disaster - and there were more Tech Police driving around in the traffic than directing it. I really enjoy this game, but it took me 1:45 to go 2.4 miles, park, and get into the stadium. I'll think twice before making the trek on a Friday night again.
Driving up from Augusta, I got to the downtown area about 4:30 and was parked in Peters Park by 4:45. Traffic on I-20 between Conyers and the perimeter was worse than downtown Atlanta by a long shot.

Last edited by a moderator:

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't know how much attention recruits pay to traditional media channels. If no media increases attendance that looks better to recruits in attendance of which there were many.

Attendance was no better. Non rain spring games always around 8-10k.

With that said i have no idea on how to value a tv presence other than it cant hurt only help.

I guess I am showing my age, or at least my disregard for contemporary music, but I have never heard of either of the two you suggested.