Need a Spring Game Report

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
He has a strained hip flexor. He started at LT then went to LG then to RT played about 70% of the snaps. He pulls his jersey up making it hard to see his jersey number. I lose him sometimes not knowing where he is going to line up from series to series ;).
Yep the 70 was not readable most of the time [emoji106]
Times I noticed him on the sideline he was smiling and chatting with others. Told m swmbo that he was having to eat all day to keep weight on because of how hard he works.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
They are fine except for cooper. Will bryan played with nick . Was at rg, rt, and lt. He loves to play. He is really quick near the line , but struggles down field like all the 300# guys w braces. The key is marshall and cooper injury recovery.
We have a lot of guys that can only play guard.

I wonder if the ol miss guy did well and can he play this fall?

Odd that J. Lee ended up at Ctr.We have had 4 guys at various times last ye listed behind Cooper, but they bring in Lee. ----weird-- and concerning

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Watched the LSU spring game and saw the giant Campbell kid now a linemen for LSU that we went to Poncatola, la to recruit. He is huge and imo slow footed.

While their COACH offered J Lee a two way d line and o line kid who came and played in his first year.

It seems that in spring coaches R looking to see what the backups can do in the one position the might play . The vets move around to other positions they could be needed.
With the log jam at g c g of young guys and the morgans 18 is going to a tough call.

Lets get way ahead and play them all

Last edited:

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Can verify that @buzz_wiser© and son , @GTMom , @Supersizethatorder-mutt and @jwsavhGT were in attendance. it was good to see ya'll again. @OldJacketFan missed seeing you. Heal up and make it down when you can.

Hope to maybe meet a few other GTSwarm members this coming season.

To the mod that updated the color scheme - well done (y)
@awbuzz, it was great seeing you again as well.
I too can confirm that
@awbuzz
@Supersizethatorder-mutt
@jwsavhGT
@GTMom
@EMTRAMBLINGWRECK (THE kiddo)
@augustabuzz

Were all in attendance enjoying the evening.

I think @AugustaJacket wins the award for bringing the biggest group ;-)

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone this fall and also looking forward to good things happening on The Flats.

GO JACKETS.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
PJ prefers noon kicks because the sitting around all day on Saturday is a pain. good buddy of mine, and a Tech season ticket holder, hated Saturday night games in high school, and we had a bunch of em, for just that reason. I'd bet there are more coaches who agree with PJ but don't want to anger the TV gods.
Kickoffs at GSU when PJ was coach were at 1 pm. You want to be in the stands - or anywhere in the stadium - at that time in Statesboro in early September to mid October? Brutal. But with a noon kick, you're out at 3 and you can go grab a cold one or dozen and take in 3:30 and night games.
PJ's relationship with the media is better than you think. Go back on the threads and hear Quinlan's interview on the Chuck Oliver show. It doesn't come across that way all the time in the video clips you see but there's give and take before and after the cameras don't catch.
And it wasn't PJ's call, to hear the school say it, on streaming the game. He was opposed to it (I'd much rather have a chance to see it since there's no way I can drive up and back to go in person) and I get his stance. But I'd rather have it online.
Now, is it PJ's job to care about your self worth as a fan or is it his job to win games and produce student athletes who graduate and don't embarrass the school? Ain't many P5 coaches there for the fans. That's for the alumni association and athletics marketing people to take care of. If PJ went back to telling more of his stories during the radio show - he's a very good luncheon and dinner speaker, by the way - that might go a long way.
johnson said in an interview he was against streaming the game because why should Tech put that out so competitiors could see!

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
Can verify that @buzz_wiser[emoji767] and son , @GTMom , @Supersizethatorder-mutt and @jwsavhGT were in attendance. it was good to see ya'll again. @OldJacketFan missed seeing you. Heal up and make it down when you can.

Hope to maybe meet a few other GTSwarm members this coming season.

To the mod that updated the color scheme - well done (y)

It was good to see all of you and meet some new people for the first time, especially @jwsavhGT! I had a great time. As far as traffic and parking, I recommend getting there at 4:15[emoji16]; worked well for me and I was able to put out “orange cones” to save a spot for @Buzz_wiser who did the same for @Supersizethatorder-mutt. The weather was good, although a bit chili.

Brad Stewart made some good catches. Blue team QB was surprisingly good. Saw some good runs from #50 and #15 and Qua always puts on a good show!

Not sure how, but we definitely need to get more fans to the spring games. Maybe we should pimp out our team like UGag does and have a concert before or after the game....if so who would you come to see? Luke Bryan? Katie Perry? Elvis? [emoji38]

It was good to see all of you and meet some new people for the first time, especially @jwsavhGT! I had a great time. As far as traffic and parking, I recommend getting there at 4:15[emoji16]; worked well for me and I was able to put out “orange cones” to save a spot for @Buzz_wiser who did the same for @Supersizethatorder-mutt. The weather was good, although a bit chili.

Brad Stewart made some good catches. Blue team QB was surprisingly good. Saw some good runs from #50 and #15 and Qua always puts on a good show!

Not sure how, but we definitely need to get more fans to the spring games. Maybe we should pimp out our team like UGag does and have a concert before or after the game....if so who would you come to see? Luke Bryan? Katie Perry? Elvis? [emoji38]
I personally have no interest in a concert, but if it would bring out fans, then I'm all for it. Just don't provide condoms to the group like the mutts did 2 years ago. No, I'm not joking; they did just that, plus shelling out big bucks for the group....a rap group at that....UGH. LOL

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I personally have no interest in a concert, but if it would bring out fans, then I'm all for it. Just don't provide condoms to the group like the mutts did 2 years ago. No, I'm not joking; they did just that, plus shelling out big bucks for the group....a rap group at that....UGH. LOL
How about the Rolling Stones? Not sure if they’re old enough for you though…. :)

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
johnson said in an interview he was against streaming the game because why should Tech put that out so competitiors could see!

I always laughed at this. It gives you an advantage, what in the first couple games at max. In our case, mainly on D not O. There is 10 years of O tape. So ok, we get a bit of an unknown for our first 2-3 games vs USF and Pitt. Other than that it doesn't do much.

Is that advantage, better and bigger, than potentially getting more national pub and viewers that could help distance recruiting and exposure??? I don't know. I do know friday nights for a spring game are a bit hard for many fans schedule wise IMO and having some media outlet woulda been nice...Saturday nights would be better. But as paul stated, he prefers fridays for the players to get more time off; less about the fans ease of use it appears

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I always laughed at this. It gives you an advantage, what in the first couple games at max. In our case, mainly on D not O. There is 10 years of O tape. So ok, we get a bit of an unknown for our first 2-3 games vs USF and Pitt. Other than that it doesn't do much.

Is that advantage, better and bigger, than potentially getting more national pub and viewers that could help distance recruiting and exposure??? I don't know. I do know friday nights for a spring game are a bit hard for many fans schedule wise IMO and having some media outlet woulda been nice...Saturday nights would be better. But as paul stated, he prefers fridays for the players to get more time off; less about the fans ease of use it appears
It's easy to see his top priority is putting the best product on the field that he can with the guys he has now and less with the the marketing side, which covers streaming the game. It's a little short sighted in that better marketing/exposure pays off in the long run with better recruiting, which results, much later, however, in better onfield performance.