Need a Spring Game Report

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
upload_2018-4-20_20-56-45.png

upload_2018-4-20_20-57-4.png

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
In defense of LJ, his passing loosened & kept the D honest cause they weren’t having it in the running game.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
how much did Will Bryan play ? rt or rg or both?

Without cooper and w b in middle did we get any push ( holding blocks for 2 count while going 1 yard before b b hits hole)?

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
Most notable impressions:

The defense was playing g fast and disruptive all game, but this was not our actual OL. At least one major bust in coverage, but the D made us punt a lot.

Passing was sloppy. Both quartbacks showed flashes passing, throwing some nice looking balls. LJ hesitated too much, missing his window, making the receiver wait or slow down. Physical tools are there. Hopefully more reps will help. However, these were not our starting QB.

Lynch looks like he’s back to top form. Omari Jarret showed potential. Howard ran hard. Overall, backs looked good.

I was hoping to see more from the WRs, but passing game was very inconsistent and the coverage looked good overall.

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
Lucas Johnson had a good game I thought was there to see the spring game,Brad Stewart caught a couple of good passes one was overthrown too high,I saw juanyeh looked like he was talking to some 2019 recruits him and Graham 125 and counting attended the spring game as in recruits that's huge for GT being honest with y'all not impressed with Tobias Oliver,Lucas to me has the 2nd string job as Qb in my opinion,Pressley Harvin had to do a lot of work tonight,was impressed with the blue team today on how they played Jack Defoor the OL is huge glad we got him! Taquon did not play bec of a illness don't know how he got it

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Lucas looked like he was having a harder time with choice routes (especailly a few of the throws he missed to Dolphus where the reciever and him weren't on the same page.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
how much did Will Bryan play ? rt or rg or both?

Without cooper and w b in middle did we get any push ( holding blocks for 2 count while going 1 yard before b b hits hole)?
I was mostly watching skill players, and it was hard not to watch the defense, so I didn’t notice who was on the line. Braun and Cooper were out and Lee was at Center. I didn’t notice Bryan. Did anyone take note of who else was on the starting OL?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I was mostly watching skill players, and it was hard not to watch the defense, so I didn’t notice who was on the line. Braun and Cooper were out and Lee was at Center. I didn’t notice Bryan. Did anyone take note of who else was on the starting OL?
kelly Quinlan said only 1 starter played and he played minimal snaps because he was injured. I guess the D had been cut blocking.....

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Lucas Johnson had a good game I thought was there to see the spring game,Brad Stewart caught a couple of good passes one was overthrown too high,I saw juanyeh looked like he was talking to some 2019 recruits him and Graham 125 and counting attended the spring game as in recruits that's huge for GT being honest with y'all not impressed with Tobias Oliver,Lucas to me has the 2nd string job as Qb in my opinion,Pressley Harvin had to do a lot of work tonight,was impressed with the blue team today on how they played Jack Defoor the OL is huge glad we got him! Taquon did not play bec of a illness don't know how he got it

Oliver is a Marshall clone.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Not a big offensive showing for sure.
LJ can throw a real nice ball. Over and under thrown balls.

Rushing did not look great, but that's just an opinion. I am sure that was because most of the starters we're out or played limited minutes.

KB may have had a handful or so of carries. Some big pass plays made the difference. But 4/14 , 1st half numbers for LJ aren't going to hack it. Too many missed WIDE open opportunities.