Need a Spring Game Report

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Players who stood out to me:
1. Kelton Dawson DL - Havoc on the DL, was making plays all over the place, inside, outside.
2. Lucas Johnson QB - Nice composure at QB, threw ball away a few times. would have had a few real big runs but was two hand touched down when there was no way he would have been tackled. Best QB I've seen at Tech in Johnson era as soph compared to others when they were soph.
3. Charlie Thomas LB - Running with no 1's, not that he dominated, but how he fit in and handled his own as if he was experienced player.
4. Vic Alexander LB- beast, busted up all kind of plays
5. Brant Mitchell LB - multiple tackles for loss
6. Bruce Jordan-Swilling - looks like he's getting how to play LB
7. Jerry Howard BB - Runs hard
8. Brenton King - solid 40 yard kick in game, nailed 50 yrd pack to back pregame, one with plenty room to spare.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
1. Kelton Dawson DL - Havoc on the DL, was making plays all over the place, inside, outside.
2. Lucas Johnson QB - Nice composure at QB, threw ball away a few times. would have had a few real big runs but was two hand touched down when there was no way he would have been tackled. Best QB I've seen at Tech in Johnson era as soph compared to others when they were soph.
3. Charlie Thomas LB - Running with no 1's, not that he dominated, but how he fit in and handled his own as if he was experienced player.
8. Brenton King - solid 40 yard kick in game, nailed 50 yrd pack to back pregame, one with plenty room to spare.
Don't u think the o l compliments are over the top? Sewak will get the big head.
Seriously thanks for heads up on the impressions.
Jerry Howard can't run hard w o some blocking.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
He looks better than JT in 2014? that's pretty high praise

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
What happened with security? We got there late and basically walked right in.

I got there with 8 min to go in the 2nd Qtr. Entered the west stands from north end zone side (I forget what gate that is...opposite from gate 1 tho)

There were 2 single lines about a dozen long each when I walked up. 3 security with wands but only 2 winding people then the 3rd left.

Then a group of five jumped the line to make a 3rd line. Right beside me as I got up to security. I pointed out to the jerk leading then that the line stretched back behind me. They refused to go to the back of the line and the moron security gall allowed them to make a 3rd line and alternated wanding individuals from my line and the new one.

When I voiced my complaint of the above stupidity (I didn’t use those words but that was my point) the security gal exclaimed back to me “What am I supposed to do? My other wand just walked away.” The guy behind me then chimed in “Letting the other wand walk off is a management problem.”

It just plain sucked and was slow as hell. To top it off, you had to empty pockets to get wanded. But they didn’t check anyone’s hands full of everything they carried, phones etc. I could have brought a knife or Glock 26 in and they wouldn’t have noticed.

Basically just slow, inefficient, smoke and mirrors to make people feel safe....not actually be safe. Saw a group of 3 Tech PD huddled together as we exited the gate. All had their faces in their phones. That plus where they were positioned was not a good look for officer safety or security.

Last edited:

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
at least Jay had the cool new Adidas gloves on....
20180420_195734.jpg

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Lucas had 10 Rushes, 2 or 3 were sacks I believe. He seemed to be distributing the ball and not holding on to it. % completion not good but yd per pass play almost double per rush play. Sacks distort these averages.
NET YARDS RUSHING 139 122
Rushes / Avg 43/3.2 38/3.2
NET YARDS PASSING 43 154
Completions / Attempts 3/9 7/20
Yards Per Pass 3.2 7.7

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
We should keep in mind that Lucas Johnson did miss a lot of time in practice due to injury. I think he'll clean up his issues well come fall camp and really challenge TaQuon Marshall for the starting job. Who ever wins I think we'll be in great shape!

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I think the potential is there. He left a lot on the table. LJ as a passer is superior to any in the Johnson era as a runner he’ll no. That said he is surprisingly sudden, fast, & elusive. Personally I think there’s way too much potential to ignore.
TO is a good runner and he made a couple of nice throws but overall he got shut down. Again as he matures things may improve for him.

The game ball goes to the Defense. They made a point to have a party in the backfield. Players that stood out to me were Quez & Henderson. They played angry.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
We should keep in mind that Lucas Johnson did miss a lot of time in practice due to injury. I think he'll clean up his issues well come fall camp and really challenge TaQuon Marshall for the starting job. Who ever wins I think we'll be in great shape!

He’s not challenging Marshall, but the potential to take the O another level is there. He needs reps.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
I think the potential is there. He left a lot on the table. LJ as a passer is superior to any in the Johnson era as a runner he’ll no. That said he is surprisingly sudden, fast, & elusive. Personally I think there’s way too much potential to ignore.
TO is a good runner and he made a couple of nice throws but overall he got shut down. Again as he matures things may improve for him.

The game ball goes to the Defense. They made a point to have a party in the backfield. Players that stood out to me were Quez & Henderson. They played angry.
Hmm idk. In terms of raw passing ability, I think Vad may have LJ beat. I'll have to see more of LJ though.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
So basically security sucked? Oh, so nothing has changed since they went away from the nice friendly old gate staff they used to have. Poor customer service. Poor planning. No ability to think on their feet. Welcome to Georgia Tech!!

I got there with 8 min to go in the 2nd Qtr. Entered the west stands from north end zone side (I forget what gate that is...opposite from gate 1 tho)

There were 2 single lines about a dozen long each when I walked up. 3 security with wands but only 2 winding people then the 3rd left.

Then a group of five jumped the line to make a 3rd line. Right beside me as I got up to security. I pointed out to the jerk leading then that the line stretched back behind me. They refused to go to the back of the line and the moron security gall allowed them to make a 3rd line and alternated wanding individuals from my line and the new one.

When I voiced my complaint of the above stupidity (I didn’t use those words but that was my point) the security gal exclaimed back to me “What am I supposed to do? My other wand just walked away.” The guy behind me then chimed in “Letting the other wand walk off is a management problem.”

It just plain sucked and was slow as hell. To top it off, you had to empty pockets to get wanded. But they didn’t check anyone’s hands full of everything they carried, phones etc. I could have brought a knife or Glock 26 in and they wouldn’t have noticed.

Basically just slow, inefficient, smoke and mirrors to make people feel safe....not actually be safe. Saw a group of 3 Tech PD huddled together as we exited the gate. All had their faces in their phones. That plus where they were positioned was not a good look for officer safety or security.