ND @ Rusty C

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Wow, kick in the teeth back to the reality of the situation that we will only go as far as our starting pitching takes us.

Can’t believe our (arguably) best three hitters went down looking in the ninth. It’s like we forgot our approach to hitting that everyone was so high on last weekend.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Flush.

Win. Today.

RPI 29. Cant take another loss today and be inside the bubble. The future is now. We are going to lose so much talent to the draft and graduation, especially pitching, that this year is by far our best for overall talent. We'll lose X, CT, English and Willingham this year. I'll do a complete draft breakdown soon.

My biggest concern isn't the loss yesterday but X with an ice pack on his shoulder and stretching his arm uncomfortably as shown on TV after the 4th. Only 4.0 IP and 77 pitches. He just wasn't sharp. His only two walks were the first two of the game. The HR really hurt. If he can't start next week effectively, we are SOL with our relievers and Hall's pitching management.

I still expect us to win the series. Just to keep hopes alive before a real future kick in the nuts.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Flush.

Win. Today.

RPI 29. Cant take another loss today and be inside the bubble. The future is now. We are going to lose so much talent to the draft and graduation, especially pitching, that this year is by far our best for overall talent. We'll lose X, CT, English and Willingham this year. I'll do a complete draft breakdown soon.

My biggest concern isn't the loss yesterday but X with an ice pack on his shoulder and stretching his arm uncomfortably as shown on TV after the 4th. Only 4.0 IP and 77 pitches. He just wasn't sharp. His only two walks were the first two of the game. The HR really hurt. If he can't start next week effectively, we are SOL with our relievers and Hall's pitching management.

I still expect us to win the series. Just to keep hopes alive before a real future kick in the nuts.
Makes you wonder if the sighting of CT throwing pregame indicates X was having issues. And late call was made to go with Curry. May never know...obviously, CT could just be throwing because that's his routine.

Agree. Flush it. With my worry hat on... I hope CT doesn't try to do too much today. Bullpen is depleted. Postgame last night, Hall thought Bartnicki & Hughes both would not be available today.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Not sure how Hall gets blame for 9 runs allowed... most of those by Curry & Lee (a guy who's been pretty good his last few outings)
Actually, he doesn't. In baseball, you are going to have some days when the other team....just beats you. Last night seemed like that from the box score (I did not watch). But unlike @GTNavyNuke I am still angry about 3 ACC losses when leading in the 9th inning....instead of being 5-5 this morning we should be 7-3 or 8-2.....HUGE difference.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Actually, he doesn't. In baseball, you are going to have some days when the other team....just beats you. Last night seemed like that from the box score (I did not watch). But unlike @GTNavyNuke I am still angry about 3 ACC losses when leading in the 9th inning....instead of being 5-5 this morning we should be 7-3 or 8-2.....HUGE difference.

LOL. We largely beat ourselves last night; ND had some really bad defensive plays and passed balls that helped us a lot. But ND did make a bunch of timely hits. Bartnicki as kept in too long by my standards (two baserunners due to lack of control). But nothing new there.

Yes the ACC win difference is a huge difference and we are pissing away this season like recent seasons past. I'm more @bwelbo "Sad" than angry. If I stayed angry about GT athletic performances, I'd be angry for decades at a time.

Anger is not productive when you have no control. :headphone: Anger is very productive when it motivates task completion.:rage:

Spent a great day working in the yard and minor springtime chores. Life is good right now.

Deleted member 2897

So here’s the thing - losing game 1 and especially like that SUCKED. BUT, if we go 2-1 in the series after beating uGA and Louisville, that’s still a GOOD RESULT. So let’s go get it!

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
It is a Good result. But I was hoping for a GREAT result this weekend, which was sweeping ND at home after winning 3/4 against LOU on the road and UGA at home midweek. Alas, I'll have to settle for good. GREAT Tech teams of the past would not have lost a game this weekend.

Deleted member 2897

It is a Good result. But I was hoping for a GREAT result this weekend, which was sweeping ND at home after winning 3/4 against LOU on the road and UGA at home midweek. Alas, I'll have to settle for good. GREAT Tech teams of the past would not have lost a game this weekend.

True.

But sometimes when you’re served lemons, you have to rip off your opponents’ heads and shove the lemons down their throats in game 2.

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
Pitcher last night goes out early with what look like a back issue . Seemed to have set the tone the night . Part of the game. Tonight looked like gt again. I’ll be there tomorrow for the close out win. Apologies, but some of the posts from “GT” look very negative.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Pitcher last night goes out early with what look like a back issue . Seemed to have set the tone the night . Part of the game. Tonight looked like gt again. I’ll be there tomorrow for the close out win. Apologies, but some of the posts from “GT” look very negative.
No we took a good punch right off the bat but we came back to take the lead! No reason to lose to ND ever! These ain't the days of Paul Mainieri. ND baseball sucks and we can't seem to beat them (besides today). They swept us last year. We should be able to sweep ND, Pitt, and BC almost yearly. Tech teams in Hall's first 15 years would put those lesser teams away. We were always more of a gorilla ball team but since they changed the bats from the bbcor it has put much more emphasis on pitching and defense. That is obviously been Hall's downfall. And he keeps Howell around for what? How many of our pitchers have had arm trouble since he has been the pitching coach? NowI'm not blaming him for all of that but I don't think it is all coincidence either. We all know what needs to happen. But I know Hall will coach as long as Colin is there. Hopefully when Colin graduates Danny will make a graceful exit. I wouldn't mind TStan tabbing Ramsey to place him. He has a fire that our program needs. While I'm on this long rant I would also like to add that it really sucks to see one of the best recruiters Hall has ever had, Jeff Guy, sitting in ugag's dugout. It is time for new blood. With all that said, I think we have every right to be negative because our baseball program has had way too many negative moments in recent years and for the area we recruit and the conference we play in and the stadium we play in, THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!! Glad I got that off my chest.