ND @ Rusty C

Deleted member 2897

I will admit after North Carolina sweeping Duke that they are a decent team. Therefore, if we get through the next week 2-2, I will consider that -okay-. I will of course hope for more.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Road game vs Auburn...tough assignment.

Home series vs UNC....I fear them because I think they play fundamentally sound baseball.

In the same number of games as GT, they have a much lower BA BUT they have produced more runs than we have by almost 0.5 runs per game. They have hit the same exact number of HR'S as GT.

In pitching, they have yielded fewer walks, fewer hit batsmen, 60% as many HR's, fewer runs (barely) and have twice as many saves as us.

Defense is the one place where....oddly enough...we are better. Fielding % of 0.973 vs 0.968....that is however only 3 more errors on the whole season of 28 games, so it is not noticeable in that regard. Passed balls it is noticeable, with their 8 vs our 3.

Looking at all that and knowing our bullpen woes, I would expect us only to win 1 of 3.

So, a 2-2 week would be very good, given all that.

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow

Home series vs UNC....I fear them because I think they play fundamentally sound baseball.

In the same number of games as GT, they have a much lower BA BUT they have produced more runs than we have by almost 0.5 runs per game. They have hit the same exact number of HR'S as GT.

In pitching, they have yielded fewer walks, fewer hit batsmen, 60% as many HR's, fewer runs (barely) and have twice as many saves as us.

Defense is the one place where....oddly enough...we are better. Fielding % of 0.973 vs 0.968....that is however only 3 more errors on the whole season of 28 games, so it is not noticeable in that regard. Passed balls it is noticeable, with their 8 vs our 3.

Looking at all that and knowing our bullpen woes, I would expect us only to win 1 of 3.

Never fear someone dressed in baby blue

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
My favorite Yogi quote had nothing to do with baseball but with the popular 1950s nightclub Toots Shor in New York which was a favorite watering hole of pro athletes, celebrities, boxers, actors, and their respective entourages. Yogi was asked by reporters why he had not been seen there lately. Quote the philosopher: "No one goes there anymore, its too...crowded"

THWG

Helluva Engineer
My favorite Yogi quote had nothing to do with baseball but with the popular 1950s nightclub Toots Shor in New York which was a favorite watering hole of pro athletes, celebrities, boxers, actors, and their respective entourages. Yogi was asked by reporters why he had not been seen there lately. Quote the philosopher: "No one goes there anymore, its too...crowded"
My favorite is when he asked about a streaker and said "I couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman, it had a bag on its head".

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer

Predicting our team’s future fortunes is hard.

“The future ain’t what it used to be.” — Yogi Berra

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Predicting our team’s future fortunes is hard.

“The future ain’t what it used to be.” — Yogi Berra
Ain't that the truth. You could have won a lot of money off me on a bet that we would win 2 at Louisville, and be leading in the 3rd game by a run in the 9th.....