Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
A-Slice-of-Humble-Pie-by-Kerry-Rossow.jpg

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Actually, having 10 teams should've increase our odds in having more than one team in Omaha (with the exception of the BC vs Miami series game). The SEC included with an equal slice, not more. Regardless of the slice and the topping, both conferences are not there.

Ratings? I think we deserved the top (RPI conference) rating we got. We are just now seeing how those baseball ratings work now like the SEC are used to seeing. The bar is raised, let's keep it up versus where we were lagging in that sport.

Last year maybe a good example. Vandy was an all around better team than UVa., but things clicked and getting players back from injuries back contribute in UVa. win.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Actually, having 10 teams should've increase our odds in having more than one team in Omaha (with the exception of the BC vs Miami series game). The SEC included with an equal slice, not more. Regardless of the slice and the topping, both conferences are not there.

Ratings? I think we deserved the top (RPI conference) rating we got. We are just now seeing how those baseball ratings work now like the SEC are used to seeing. The bar is raised, let's keep it up versus where we were lagging in that sport.

Last year maybe a good example. Vandy was an all around better team than UVa., but things clicked and getting players back from injuries back contribute in UVa. win.

I think the number of teams is one thing to figure out how many "should" make it to the CWS. Also very important is who is the host team. The home team is most likely to win all things considered considering the statistics. That's why the RPI formula only give .7 wins to a home win. Thus the hosts should have an overwhelming advantage being the "better" teams during the season and being at home. This year was the big exception with more hosts going down than ever before (I think I heard on TV).

So I agree, with 13 hosts between the SEC and ACC, both conferences should have moved like 9 or so on to supers. And they would have in a "regular" year where ~3/4 of the hosts win. Then in supers, they should have moved at least 4 on to the CWS ....... (based only on having 9 of 16 in the supers).

I'm not saying at all that the ACC and SEC weren't the best conferences during the regular season. I think they were. Both beat the crap out of OOC opponents, and the SOS OOC was pretty respectable. We swept Coastal ......

GTChris

Georgia Tech Fan
Check out that logo on Coastal Carolinas uniforms.

The uniforms they're wearing tonight against TCU look really good in my opinion. I really like the silhouette of their mascot on the back. I think a gold set with Buzz on the back would look great!

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Coastal won 5-4 and plays for the Championship tonight with their ace pitching, They pitched their closer as the starter last night and he threw 103 pitches after throwing 83 in relief on Friday. Go Coastal!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
He gave them what they wanted, a chance to play tonight. I had to zonk out after the 6th... 5:30AM is early. Glad to see the CC pulled it out.