NCAA Tourney

Do we advance past Regionals this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'm happy UT isn't going to the CWS. I have never seen a team act like that before. It's like each player and coach WANTS to be a heel. It was honestly quite shocking to see how deep the character rot in their team went.

Maybe I'm a purist, but the CWS is one of the coolest events in sports, definitely in college sports. Teams that go should not only represent the sport with the highest level of play, but the highest character. UT had one of the worst character makeups I've ever seen from any sports team outside of Pro Wrestling. I hope they look at themselves in the mirror and take the overwhelming amount of criticism to heart. Too much talent on that team to act the way they do.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
There's teams I hate: Dook (slimy), da U (thugs). It's hard to root for them in most cases.

Then there's teams that I really don't care for: Va (snobby, elitist), Clem (they're ok just got too big for their britches), Pitt (annoying), FSU (minor version of da U), VT (high opinion of themselves despite ****ty school & empty trophy case), UNC (control ACC at everyone else's expense), NC st & Looie, (minor version of FSU), ND (less anoying version of Dook).

Then we got Wake, BC, Cuse. I actually like Wake and Cuse does not bother me. BC is a good rivalry for GT and they run clean programs.

My only argument for rooting for other ACC teams is to some extent the reputation of the conference affects GT. A rising tide lifts all boats so to speak. Good players want to play against good competition. They want full stands which only hapens if the games are interesting and mean something. Good players want to play on the team where the team wins & other players can make their plays. Other than getting the newer players some game time, is there really any interest in beating some nobody by 20? Guess it's a stat booster, but that's about it.

Let's take the SEC for example- do you root for UT against ND and have to listen to the assbags on ESPN continue to plug UT, or root for ND and have to wash your mouth out after the game to get rid of the bad taste having pulled for ND? VT vs OU, not sure I care that much. UNC vs Ark, again you got the cheating SEC getting more press if Ark wins. Tough one was A&M vs Looie. A&M is not one of the old guard SEC and Looie's not been in ACC very long. I didn't really care who won but it did bug me I had to listen to comments about the SEC.
had to wash my mouth out after the game to get rid of the bad taste having pulled for ND?

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
20220613_082107.jpg

How does this child own a glass table and a 65in tv? Also, this child has a wife! Thats some funky sh.......hold on......being told this is how $ec "men" deal with a loss, that they knew was coming an hour before the last out. Its stupid but hey, it just means more....money spent to buy tvs and time to clean up little shards of glass. :cigar:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
View attachment 12585
How does this child own a glass table and a 65in tv? Also, this child has a wife! Thats some funky sh.......hold on......being told this is how $ec "men" deal with a loss, that they knew was coming an hour before the last out. Its stupid but hey, it just means more....money spent to buy tvs and time to clean up little shards of glass. :cigar:

Lane Kiffen...the hero college sports never knew we needed...

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
View attachment 12585
Errr… this is just a “copy pasta.” Whoever posted that likely isn’t even a UT fan lol. It’s a pretty common thing to see in the comments after teams lose.

It’s still pretty goofy. I don’t doubt there were any glass tables or TVs smashed across Vol Nation this weekend, but that tweet is just a meme.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Errr… this is just a “copy pasta.” Whoever posted that likely isn’t even a UT fan lol. It’s a pretty common thing to see in the comments after teams lose.

It’s still pretty goofy. I don’t doubt there were any glass tables or TVs smashed across Vol Nation this weekend, but that tweet is just a meme.

Yeah, spoof.

I would say I did the same after Tenn beat us. But I still haven't replaced the TV or table or wife since we lost to Auburn in the Regionals. (tic)

It's good to care and bad to care too much.