NCAA Tourney

Do we advance past Regionals this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
And again the announcers are all for Tennessee and can't believe they tossed the player. "If you follow the rule and toss anyone who argues balls and strikes, then you have to toss everybody." "I don't know what was said but nothing he said should have gotten him tossed"
That's not totally fair. When the announcer said that... he thought only the bench coach had been tossed. [I agree pretty quick to conclude that] But as soon as he realized the batter was tossed & saw the replay (read his lips)... the announcer repeatedly said the kid crossed the line. Ultimately... they weren't defending the behavior of the player or coach who were ejected. Quite the opposite.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
That's not totally fair. When the announcer said that... he thought only the bench coach had been tossed. [I agree pretty quick to conclude that] But as soon as he realized the batter was tossed & saw the replay (read his lips)... the announcer repeatedly said the kid crossed the line. Ultimately... they weren't defending the behavior of the player or coach who were ejected. Quite the opposite.
Thanks for the correction. I had only seen the clip on another website and it came off as more of the same from the announcers from our game vs Tennessee.
But I still love this shirt!
20220611_122123.jpg

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I have a feeling ACC won't be represented in Omaha.

Related question. I have no allegiance to the ACC. I dislike nearly every ACC team ... generally... as a fan. For those of you who root for a team "because they are in the ACC" ...what is your rationale? I don't understand how one day you can't stand UNC (for example) & the next actively rooting for them.

I don't tie any "collective" ACC success (if there's such a thing) to Ga Tech... MY TEAM.

rodandanga

Jolly Good Fellow

Related question. I have no allegiance to the ACC. I dislike nearly every ACC team ... generally... as a fan. For those of you who root for a team "because they are in the ACC" ...what is your rationale? I don't understand how one day you can't stand UNC (for example) & the next actively rooting for them.

I don't tie any "collective" ACC success (if there's such a thing) to Ga Tech... MY TEAM.
My entire in-law family are tar heels. My wife is a double tar heel. I don't think I actively cheer for them, but I don't mind them doing well. I also cheer for them in sports Tech doesn't sponsor.

GT33

Helluva Engineer

There's teams I hate: Dook (slimy), da U (thugs). It's hard to root for them in most cases.

Then there's teams that I really don't care for: Va (snobby, elitist), Clem (they're ok just got too big for their britches), Pitt (annoying), FSU (minor version of da U), VT (high opinion of themselves despite ****ty school & empty trophy case), UNC (control ACC at everyone else's expense), NC st & Looie, (minor version of FSU), ND (less anoying version of Dook).

Then we got Wake, BC, Cuse. I actually like Wake and Cuse does not bother me. BC is a good rivalry for GT and they run clean programs.

My only argument for rooting for other ACC teams is to some extent the reputation of the conference affects GT. A rising tide lifts all boats so to speak. Good players want to play against good competition. They want full stands which only hapens if the games are interesting and mean something. Good players want to play on the team where the team wins & other players can make their plays. Other than getting the newer players some game time, is there really any interest in beating some nobody by 20? Guess it's a stat booster, but that's about it.

Let's take the SEC for example- do you root for UT against ND and have to listen to the assbags on ESPN continue to plug UT, or root for ND and have to wash your mouth out after the game to get rid of the bad taste having pulled for ND? VT vs OU, not sure I care that much. UNC vs Ark, again you got the cheating SEC getting more press if Ark wins. Tough one was A&M vs Looie. A&M is not one of the old guard SEC and Looie's not been in ACC very long. I didn't really care who won but it did bug me I had to listen to comments about the SEC.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Boy you are miserable not liking nearly every ACC team. But I know you like UVa.

My likes are GT, UVa, NC State & Wake. So I'm as miserable as you.

I dislike ND and VT and am ambivalent about UNC. But since ND and VT are playing SEC teams and those results are relevant to RPI seeding / perceptions, I won't care if ND and VT win. Given there are three ACC teams left with two at home, the ACC will probably have two teams in the CWS. But could be none or three too.

I was ambivalent about L'Ville losing last night. Tough to lose two games in a row by a total of 2 runs. But they can always do "Revenge Tour II".

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

I agree with the 'no allegiance to the ACC', although I feel like the entire conference was hosed in seeding which had an effect on us. So I'm pulling for the remaining three to get through only to show that the seeding was terrible. And I really don't like Tennessee's team so (with a little throw-up in my mouth) I'm pulling for ND to knock them out. They can be the first team out in Omaha for all I care after that. In general, I don't pull for any ACC teams unless there is something like that though.

If anything, I'm pulling for the 'little guys' to get through. ECU, Southern, UConn. Plus for zero $EC teams to get through.

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
Let's go Irish! Wonder if UT will change their attitude now or just double down and come back as even bigger classless idiots next year.

I absolutely was rooting for the ACC there to help conference reputation. ND was a classic example of a team that was screwed by the Committee the last 2 years simply because they didn't give the ACC respect. It would have been really bad for the ACC to have been shut out of Omaha this year after they were perceived to be so strong.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Let's go Irish! Wonder if UT will change their attitude now or just double down and come back as even bigger classless idiots next year.

Like a stiff *****, they have no conscience. (Taken from a GT song abou uGag.)

Glad to see their luck ran out. Down 4 twice last weekend and they came back.