NCAA Tournament

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
@MidtownJacket, I wish you the best as you lead us on with your wizardry March madness insight. I fought on as long as I could, but my status among the greats has come to an end. I hereby bow out gracefully and admit solemn defeat. You sir deserve this sole possession of 1st. 🏆

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer

MidtownJacket

Staff member
@MidtownJacket, I wish you the best as you lead us on with your wizardry March madness insight. I fought on as long as I could, but my status among the greats has come to an end. I hereby bow out gracefully and admit solemn defeat. You sir deserve this sole possession of 1st. 🏆
You’re too kind by double! @orientalnc with his masterful Duke pick and @UgaBlows (at least I presume that’s UgaInhalesBriskly in the competition) with the Kansas 🎯 have hundreds of potential upside points on me still.

I will however fight on valiantly until I have been vanquished. When that day comes, whether this tourney or the next, I’ll hope to bow out with the grace - if not the majesty - which you have shown us my friend!

FWIW my dad grew up as a UCLA fan and so I picked them over UNC (my wife and I met as undergrads at GT, but she later in life got her MBA from UNC) and I have heard grief since my submission from my wife for that pick. She played highschool AAU ball as a PG in fla so I’ve been sweating this potential match up.

I’m just glad that either way the winner of this game has a real shot.

Man do I LOVE tournament season.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I’ve been saying for a while the ACC is better than people want to believe across the NCAA.

I don’t LOVE CJP’s idea of upping conference games in the schedule to force the hand of the selection committee but I also don’t think it’s as nuts as some people say.

Playing mid-majors is a high penalty / low benefit supposition.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Well good news, bad news:

I told my dad and my wife I picked UCLA.

I apparently did the opposite when it was time to type it out.

#DearAbby do I tell them both or just.. you know.. enjoy the benefit of the mistake and pat myself on the back for making a good pick?

Thanks in advance
Animated GIF

slugboy

Staff member
I like Jordan Sperber for helping guys like me figure out what these teams are actually running. Here's a quick St. Peter's video:

Let me know if you enjoy this:

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Odds tonight:

Houston -2.5 over Villanova
Duke -3.5 over Arkansas

My bracket needs Duke to win twice and Kansas to win once.

I am pulling for both to lose.

My senitmental favorite, like everyone, is St Peter's.

The team that I will be cheering for is Houston.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Every time I watch Houston play I'm reminded how much having a good reputation matters when it comes to the refs. They are allowed a lot of contact that I've seen called on other teams.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
That didn't look good for the Nova player. Saw the muscle snap like that is bad. Really hope it isn't serious.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Every time I watch Houston play I'm reminded how much having a good reputation matters when it comes to the refs. They are allowed a lot of contact that I've seen called on other teams.

I don't watch much basketball but saw them vs. Villanova tonight. Looked like some of the L'ville or Georgetown teams from many years ago. Athletes are great but you do need shooters as well. Getting the ball through the hoop is critically important in this game.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I know this will be blasphemy to some, but I'd like to see K go out with a championship. Feels like it'd just be fitting.
I’m there with you. I get why people don’t like him, but he is a great coach and seems to be a stand up dude off the court.

It’d be fitting after missing out in the ACCT

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
I know this will be blasphemy to some, but I'd like to see K go out with a championship. Feels like it'd just be fitting.
**** Duke. Hope either St Peters or uncheats crush them. You can thank the hypocritical ratface for our last probation. Btw Mansions, jewelry, bags of cash> a trip to a strip club.

MidtownJacket

Staff member