NCAA Tournament & COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Here's crazier than crazy ... the NCAAT gets canceled and the NCAA grants an additional year of eligibility to all seniors who want them as compensation for missing the opportunity to play.
Banks comes back, Cole decides to stay and we have our whole team back ... just a "GT Homer" thought.

Since this benefits Tech, don't count on it.

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
I feel for you.
My son's Robotics team qualified for the World Championships that are supposed to take place in Houston in April. Hasn't been cancelled yet, but I am expecting it to be at some point. Supposed to be over 700 teams from over 40 countries.
Just saw an email that worlds have been cancelled and the rest of the season suspended. My son's team was getting ready for the Bayou regional. I hope "suspended" means eventually rescheduled.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Atlanta United and MLS have also suspended season for 30 days. (Honestly, given how extraordinarily beat up and injured ATLUTD is, that could be a small blessing if this all blows over and games resume.)

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just saw an email that worlds have been cancelled and the rest of the season suspended. My son's team was getting ready for the Bayou regional. I hope "suspended" means eventually rescheduled.

I got the email from the team sponsor this afternoon that had the link to the cancellation. Haven't had a chance to talk to my son yet. For the World Championship is specifically said cancelled.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Hate it for the kids who's careers just got ended. Hate it for the people who'll be missing out on income and such.

As for the ncaa itself ... suck it, foo's. Considering the tournament is what you live for financially, glad your year got screwed. :cool:

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Rutgers basketball forums are in absolute meltdown mode right now. I feel bad for them but it's also hilarious.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
I hate the NCAA , but even with GT not participating this is almost my favorite time of year in sports. Does this mean it's canceled for good or that it could be played later?

Status
Not open for further replies.