NCAA Ruling - Postseason Ban, Among Other Bogus Things...

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
So....

No on campus recruiting during home games for two years due to the strip club incident. That will have a major impact on recruiting I would think.

We have to vacate wins/records during which the ineligible student athletes participated, but it doesn't who that is. Is it Okogie? And what games?

upload_2019-9-26_17-16-18.png

GT_EE78

Banned
So....

No on campus recruiting during home games for two years due to the strip club incident. That will have a major impact on recruiting I would think.

We have to vacate wins/records during which the ineligible student athletes participated, but it doesn't who that is. Is it Okogie? And what games?

View attachment 6800
I'm not certain but since they didn't specify anything , i'd have to guess it just reinforces the jackson/Okogie suspensions already served.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
All seriousness, if anyone is considering burning their season tix I would take them off your hands and still go to some games.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Is there any history of an appeal being successful?
Syracuse wins back 1 scholarship per year in NCAA appeal, still must vacate wins
The NCAA appeal process allows for penalties to be overturned only for a limited number of reasons that includes excessive harshness, procedural violations or incorrect determinations by the NCAA Committee on Infractions.
As for the penalties delivered to the school, the 12 scholarships taken away over four years from Syracuse was the heaviest scholarship penalty ever delivered to a basketball program.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
For those who have already read the report, can you tell me on which page they explain whether we are being punished for the FBI scandal, or for the fake (u)NC classes? I think we really need to know which shoe is being dropped on our program, so that maybe we will have a chance to avoid the other.

I'm suspecting its the FBI thing; if so, we should all spend the rest of the calendar year providing impermissible benefits to non-athlete students. Who's with me?

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
**** the ncaa, Bell, & Wendell Carter's whiny ***** of a mom. How come they didn't punish us last year? No they wait til we have a team that can make the tourney for the 1st time in what 15 years.

How the Hell did Carter's family afford that neighborhood near puke. Of course, ncaa is blind to all that ****. We get all these penalties for $200 spent at a strip club? Such bull****.

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
We were stupid for not imposing a post season ban on ourselves two years ago when all this broke into the open, and reducing one scholarship for two years. There wasn't a snowball's chance of it making a difference then.

Yep. AD should have sanctioned the team accordingly.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
**** the ncaa, Bell, & Wendell Carter's whiny ***** of a mom. How come they didn't punish us last year? No they wait til we have a team that can make the tourney for the 1st time in what 15 years.

How the Hell did Carter's family afford that neighborhood near puke. Of course, ncaa is blind to all that ****. We get all these penalties for $200 spent at a strip club? Such bull****.
The NCAA take their time with what they want to take their time. It flat out stinks.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Fire Pastner
YES... But I think they will make this loser of a Coach coach during teh Ban and then dump him for a new Coach....

Never thought it could get worse then CBG.... But Pastner is a ****ty Person and even worse Coach!!! Sad day for the Jackets! I really feel for the SAs

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer

I have a feeling Momma Carter is a good church going Christian women and didn’t want her ***** *** son in a place of sin like a strip club. But you better believe she praised the lord when someone dropped a bag of cash and an LOI for her son to sign on the front porch.

GT_EE78

Banned
I think we really need to know which shoe is being dropped on our program, so that maybe we will have a chance to avoid the other.I'm suspecting its the FBI thing; if so, we should all spend the rest of the calendar year providing impermissible benefits to non-athlete students. Who's with me?
I might consider helping you throw $3 bills at the Duke players so those poor kids can afford their lapdances ...