NCAA Ruling - Postseason Ban, Among Other Bogus Things...

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
What if we say the recruits are there to watch the other school??? F%ck it. At this point lie, cheat, steal, whatever! Everyone else is doing it why not us! Great example the ncaa sets for the good of “student athletes”
The whole thing is beyond absurd. We need to fight it and quit being the nice guy on the block. The NCAA sucks and instead of addressing the bigger stuff in college basketball, they throw the book at us...complete bs

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
So we are going to continue support of Pastner. Let me help him with his talking points to future recruits:
1) We are down some recruit spots but no worries, my coaching skills will make up for it
2) As far as not being able to experience a game, no problemo - they are really better on tv anyway
3) Worries about future violations --- my tremendous judgment and what I learned from 2019 should assure that will never happen again
4) When will things be back to normal? we should be out of all this by the middle of the next decade assuming violations I know nothing about don't happen for which of course, I might have to throw the offender under the bus

Any thoughts or edits are allowed

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
So we are going to continue support of Pastner. Let me help him with his talking points to future recruits:
1) We are down some recruit spots but no worries, my coaching skills will make up for it
2) As far as not being able to experience a game, no problemo - they are really better on tv anyway
3) Worries about future violations --- my tremendous judgment and what I learned from 2019 should assure that will never happen again
4) When will things be back to normal? we should be out of all this by the middle of the next decade assuming violations I know nothing about don't happen for which of course, I might have to throw the offender under the bus

I’m not supporting his crooked ***

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I know everyone is pissed with Pastner but I don’t think it is going to help to fire him. If so, think it will be further destructive to the players and team. We have a good nucleus right now. Best we hope for is an appeal to get some of this bs reversed.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
I know everyone is pissed with Pastner but I don’t think it is going to help to fire him. If so, think it will be further destructive to the players and team. We have a good nucleus right now. Best we hope for is an appeal to get some of this bs reversed.
Why would you want to keep him? He’s responsible for so much more than he’s saying & he hasn’t proven anything recruiting or coaching either

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I gotta question GTs response to this situation from the beginning. We didnt self impose a ban when we were a couple years away from making the dance. We didnt "fire" Labarrie, but suspended him seemingly forever. Pastner got cute with his descriptions of his relationship with Bell. Just seems like we took a wait and see, middle of the road strategy. Either fight it from day 1 or take your medicine.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Why would you want to keep him? He’s responsible for so much more than he’s saying & he hasn’t proven anything recruiting or coaching either
How do we know he is responsible for much more than he is saying? If we fire him, who are we going to hire based on all the issues we are dealing with? He is slowly attracted some good player’s lately with a couple of transfers in addition to some other roster guys. Just don’t think throwing the baby out with the bath water is the answer right now. Feel we need to fight ncaa ruling, support team, and get through this year and then make decisions.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
I gotta question GTs response to this situation from the beginning. We didnt self impose a ban when we were a couple years away from making the dance. We didnt "fire" Labarrie, but suspended him seemingly forever. Pastner got cute with his descriptions of his relationship with Bell. Just seems like we took a wait and see, middle of the road strategy. Either fight it from day 1 or take your medicine.
Agree completely. Tstan should have stepped in and taken charge. He didn't which makes me wonder if he is really up to the job as AD

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
DF9C1E46-C83C-471C-AF5C-D811E4B1966C.jpeg
I picked a bad time to retire. I'm also a die hard Dolphins fan, btw.
Holy ****! You’re Filipe?!? Lol

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
How do we know he is responsible for much more than he is saying? If we fire him, who are we going to hire based on all the issues we are dealing with? He is slowly attracted some good player’s lately with a couple of transfers in addition to some other roster guys. Just don’t think throwing the baby out with the bath water is the answer right now. Feel we need to fight ncaa ruling, support team, and get through this year and then make decisions.
He lied about how close he was with Ron Bell , you know he knew about Labarry , it just amazes me he’s still here , and yes we’ve gotten some good transfers but he’s not recruited well ! Crean has outrecruited him in his second year

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
He lied about how close he was with Ron Bell , you know he knew about Labarry , it just amazes me he’s still here , and yes we’ve gotten some good transfers but he’s not recruited well ! Crean has outrecruited him in his second year

I am done with Pastner myself, but the timing has to be right. Not sure there is anything to gain cutting bait right now.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
The penalties just don't make any sense at all! Georgia Tech the institution was cleared of any charges but are being penalized heavily. The same can be said of CJP. Our players have never been charged and their dream of playing post season has been rudely taken away. La Barrie is guilty and he was fired and his career and livelihood has been destroyed. Is this not enough? Bell is facing serious felony charges and his punishment will be determined in criminal court. I'm not a lawyer but I believe even I could win an appeal and/or law suit against the NCAA on this.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
Am I the only one not worried about the 2019-2020 post season ban? After Tech appeals I’m feeling pretty confident that will be the first thing to be reversed.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck

I’m supporting him. I like him. Plus, what other options are there at this point? He has put together a nice team this year. I look forward to watching them play ball. I’m extremely disappointed in the announcement, but I’m still going to watch coach coach and the players play.