NCAA Ruling - Postseason Ban, Among Other Bogus Things...

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
What’s sad is we really used to be something special. This sucks, I cannot for the life of me see how NCAA can be so harsh. While other programs literally have the FBI on their back. Is there legal action that can be taken here?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I would fully support firing Tstan AND Pastner after this. Todd is weak

I'd caution folks who feel this way to acknowledge our present financial situation after the fball hire(s).

I'd imagine TStan's support is in light of (a) ability to fire with cause (or lack thereof), (b) timing of recent hires and (c) pending litigation (related to the wbb firing as well as potential litigation associated with a firing now).

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I'd caution folks who feel this way to acknowledge our present financial situation after the fball hire(s).

I'd imagine TStan's support is in light of (a) ability to fire with cause (or lack thereof), (b) timing of recent hires and (c) pending litigation (related to the wbb firing as well as potential litigation associated with a firing now).
Tstan right now looks really really bad in my eyes right now. He cant make a bold statement to save his life

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Tstan right now looks really really bad in my eyes right now. He cant make a bold statement to save his life

But you're totally ignoring what I posted. What bold statement can he make, realistically?

Now, if you're referring to making a statement against the NCAA, I'm with you 100%. At this point, what in the actual F do we have to lose by letting the NCAA know just where they can stick it?

STTE: "Look, we'll take our penalty because we're an NCAA member institution or whatever but .... you got schools literally being investigated by the FBI but you chose to hammer us? Really? I've seen the books, so I know how you make your money, NCAA. It's no coincidence that perennial tournament teams go unpunished ..."

What could they do to him if he said something like that? Public opinion would back him 1000%.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
I would fully support firing Tstan AND Pastner after this. Todd is weak
No, Todd is strong. Throwing your own people under a bus to satisfy an lynch mob is weak. Firing a good basketball coach while having no money to hire an upgrade to satisfy short term public opinion is weak. The Men's program has been undermined year after year by one boneheaded decision after another. Standing behind Pastner makes sense to me.

I usually have no particular loyalties to coaches one way or another. I'm a fan of a team and when the coaches win, I love 'em, and when they lose, I hate 'em.

But in the age of social media, fans have become even more irascible and fickle than normal. Everything is about ephemeral emotional states and punishing whomever for making them mad or low. It is ridiculous. Pastner has been surrounded by one bonehead after another and yet fans want his blood for it. In this climate, I don't mind coming out is support of a coach. I support Pastner and I defend him against having to take all the Ziggy for this mess.

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
Why would you support pastner now?
Money is probably the biggest reason. Then I would guess it comes down to trying to keep a decent team together for the next guy. Do you guys remember the Gregory deal? Who would come here right now? We can’t keep hiring another terrible coach and think things will change.

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
But you're totally ignoring what I posted. What bold statement can he make, realistically?

Now, if you're referring to making a statement against the NCAA, I'm with you 100%. At this point, what in the actual F do we have to lose by letting the NCAA know just where they can stick it?

STTE: "Look, we'll take our penalty because we're an NCAA member institution or whatever but .... you got schools literally being investigated by the FBI but you chose to hammer us? Really? I've seen the books, so I know how you make your money, NCAA. It's no coincidence that perennial tournament teams go unpunished ..."

What could they do to him if he said something like that? Public opinion would back him 1000%.

I like the idea, but would probably hold off until after the appeal.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
No, Todd is strong. Throwing your own people under a bus to satisfy an lynch mob is weak. Firing a good basketball coach while having no money to hire an upgrade to satisfy short term public opinion is weak. The Men's program has been undermined year after year by one boneheaded decision after another. Standing behind Pastner makes sense to me.

I usually have no particular loyalties to coaches one way or another. I'm a fan of a team and when the coaches win, I love 'em, and when they lose, I hate 'em.

But in the age of social media, fans have become even more irascible and fickle than normal. Everything is about ephemeral emotional states and punishing whomever for making them mad or low. It is ridiculous. Pastner has been surrounded by one bonehead after another and yet fans want his blood for it. In this climate, I don't mind coming out is support of a coach. I support Pastner and I defend him against having to take all the Ziggy for this mess.
Lol pastner is not that great of a coach in the first place. Should be able to easily fire him with cause but this GT we are talking about. Incompetent people

herb

Helluva Engineer

Kansas took a very different approach in their response, much more aggressive

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Lol pastner is not that great of a coach in the first place. Should be able to easily fire him with cause but this GT we are talking about. Incompetent people

You're simply wrong here, man. It is very hard to fire any coach with cause.

Kansas took a very different approach in their response, much more aggressive

Indeed. Plus they're appealing too so why should we be scared to call the NCAA out?