NCAA denies waivers for Clayton, Ezzard; Sims granted immediate eligibility

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
I hope we push this with all of our might and treasure. I’d love to see a journalist take up this cause and see what the NCAA says about how and why this can stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scratch journalist. A good lawyer would be better.

Animal02

Banned
I'm positive that the NCAA retains legal counsel on their part and everything is documented. While you and I might not like the decisions handed down, we have no way of really knowing why the decisions were made. That's really the irritation in this. Without the transparency, it's easy to lob stones, but you can't have transparency with HIPAA and Privacy Laws.
Also with the emotional involvement of many fans, it is impossible for them to see regardless of transparency.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
VT got the shaft too. The player was a few miles out side of the NCAA approved radius or something. Other players get approval on thin excuses for hardship. The wildly inconsistent approval/denial for transfer waivers makes me think a lawsuit is coming soon. I say open everything up.
Yep, his mother has a brain tumor I think it is and he's a hundred and five miles , 5 miles outside the NCAA limit, the small schools get crapped on, the big universities get whatever they want.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The people who hear the appeals ask what they will. I never said I agree with it. My opinion is every athlete should get one free transfer.

You have expressed your opinion of what the rule should be. One free transfer for all. And you have expressed an opinion that the decision making process of the NCAA appears to be fair.

No one is arguing with your preference. Many disagree with your opinion of fairness and reasons for believing the process is fair.

You are entitled to both opinions. Both may be proven correct in the end. But the NCAA has lost a lot of faith in the past several years and this seems like more of the same.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
NCAA question number 35:
Does this transfer help our big money blue blood programs?
If Yes Accept Waiver / If No reject wavier

Sim was a No, till Harbaugh / Mich started to get into a little trouble, Sim was a yes to save face for Harbaugh / Mich.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Just curious did Sims make the travel roster to Clemson in hopes that he would receive the approval of the appeal or did he have to travel after the fact once the appeal was approved? Just curious how all that worked. A second question is if the players that were awaiting the results of their appeal had to be listed on the travel roster prior to knowing if their appeal against the initial ruling by the NCAA, can we back fill those vacancies now that the appeal was denied again with players who are eligible to play? If not that would mean we have less able bodied players than the allowed total number of 72 travel roster players thus wasting spots due to the delayed initial ruling of the waiver for immediate eligibility this putting us in a disadvantage due to the timing of the initial rulings. I am just not sure of the nuances of how it all works. I assume the transfers can be on the sideline during the home games partially dressed out (maybe just their jersey)? Just like any other player who is injured or redshirted?

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Here's my issue, sure I'll get some backlash here because it has shades of SJW in it, but the NCAA makes BILLIONS off these kids. A lot of these kids are trying to get themselves out of bad environments and neighborhoods, this is no secret. We've seen so many 30 for 30's on this, especially kids coming from So. Fla. How dare the NCAA deny ANY kid, who is in good academic standing, from transferring and playing immediately. You have a panel of men and women who have never struggled or went without, making decisions that impact other peoples lives... They are not gods...

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Sims and Clayton part of a larger AP story: https://apnews.com/27f36c5ef69b470f842906d05a72100b

Summary: Coaches want players to transfer in without penalty, but are against transferring out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a good article, but I strongly disagree with the way it frames Collins’ comments as being hypocritical while casually mentioning that Harbaugh supports a “one free transfer” system. Harbaugh, while he says he supports a free transfer, has seemingly gone out of his way to make it tough for those leaving. Collins, on the other hand, hasn’t done a single thing to prevent anyone from getting eligibility as far as I know (and as a fan of the team, I likely would have heard about it). It’s just bs that the last couple paragraphs are written in a way that makes Harbaugh look like the “good guy” and Collins as the “hypocrite”.