NC State Postgame

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
I think they were saying they quit on their routes when the play broke down. Didn't help the QB by trying to get open.

and that’s not a QB or coaching problem. If they quit on routes we are getting into the corrective enraged and screaming debate, time for a foot in someone’s butt.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Today is not the first time our offensive stats were better, but we lost. Not the second time either. Incredibly frustrating. Mind boggling really to have 0 turnovers and 412 yards to only get 13 points.
We were 114th in the country in 4th down conversions and 122nd in the country in red zone conversions coming into the game. This game didn’t really improve on that. Our offense can’t finish.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
So sounds like the reason today went south is due to several players being pulled last minute ?

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
My opinion on the tide end position: Leonard needs more snaps and should be getting the playing time that deveney was, freshman billy ward should get some targets. Also why the hell is out long snapper basically our starting tide end and leads the group in receptions?

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
We need more o line beef. Need a stud WR. And Sims needs more development. We aren't too far off from being decent to good. Still go jackets
I don’t think it‘s as much more beef as it is more quickness in the feet and fire in the belly. Everyone ATL is above 300 lbs for the first time in a long, long time. Maybe 12-13 years or longer.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Really disappointed with the overall effort in this game. The guys had to know they had a great chance to win this game but they did not play like it mattered. We continue to make the same stupid mistakes, over and over and over. Penalties, bad play calls, poor offensive line play, a defense that plays hard but can not pressure the qb with any consistency or cover receivers. They still struggle to get off the field on third down and fail to make the key stops when we have to have them. This is a game we really needed in order to show some semblance of forward progress for the program. In my view, this team looks the same today as they looked in game one. I think the only way to fix the problems is to churn the roster and a good part of the coaching staff. We have some promise for the future but this season has been a bust.

Go Jackets!

Dress2Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Redzone playcalling is terrible. If the only pass play we can run there is a jump ball, let's just quit wasting a down and run.
And in short yardage, let's run quick hitting stuff from under center. I think running out of the shotgun in goal line situations is an invitation for penetration and lost yardage when the defense is gambling to make a stop.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Collins said the reasoning we didn’t kick the field goal before half was because we were down to our 3rd holder and didn’t want to put him in that situation with it being he first hold ever. Seems as if tucker has moved on since school is done and this would be a good time to enter transfer portal (didn’t hear anything about it being injured or contact tracing).

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Collins said the reasoning we didn’t kick the field goal before half was because we were down to our 3rd holder and didn’t want to put him in that situation with it being he first hold ever. Seems as if tucker has moved on since school is done and this would be a good time to enter transfer portal (didn’t hear anything about it being injured or contact tracing).
That’s a really weird decision considering the kid held the extra point earlier in the game. Is a FG hold different than an XP hold?

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
That’s a really weird decision considering the kid held the extra point earlier in the game. Is a FG hold different than an XP hold?
Think he was meaning there is more pressure to holding a field goal snap in that situation in the game versus a simple extra point

Scubapro

Banned
Really? Did he say that? I didn't hear it but if he did then thats an Alice in Wonderland type of excuse.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Really? Did he say that? I didn't hear it but if he did then thats an Alice in Wonderland type of excuse.
That’s what I heard he said. I don’t understand it either but he’s gonna say whatever since he doesn’t care about people’s opinions

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Think he was meaning there is more pressure to holding a field goal snap in that situation in the game versus a simple extra point
Would it not be better to get those nerves out of the way at the end of the second half rather than potentially at the end of the game? That’s just bad reasoning.