NC State Postgame

Deleted member 2897

Man the stands were ugly. 38,000 announced at the game. Yuck.

VZrBnhE.jpg

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Man the stands were ugly. 38,000 announced at the game. Yuck.

VZrBnhE.jpg
38k announced. Probably something like 30k in attendance. The south, upper east, and upper north were barren. Lower west was the only section that was full, which is what I expect for COFH next week. Probably at least 60-40 UGA to Tech fans. Every empty seat tonight will be filled in red, and a quarter of what was white/gold/navy tonight will also be red.

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
38k announced. Probably something like 30k in attendance. The south, upper east, and upper north were barren. Lower west was the only section that was full, which is what I expect for COFH next week. Probably at least 60-40 UGA to Tech fans. Every empty seat tonight will be filled in red, and a quarter of what was white/gold/navy tonight will also be red.

North Student Section was solid. Scarf giveaway was a good idea and it popped on TV. Don't know what's happened to the South Endzone the last year or two. It's been a ghost town. Hopefully, they condense the student section to only North next year.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
North student section was as solid as any game since last years Miami game. They might as well eliminate the south endzone seats with AI 2020 and the Wardlaw update, since that student section is hardly ever populated with GT students. Nowadays it’s mostly used for overflow when the visiting team has more fans than will fit in the southeast corner, which NCSU didn’t have tonight. BDS could be such a fantastic looking stadium, and it’s just not. They could’ve stayed with the horseshoe, or went with angled corners like Stanford, and they went with neither. The upper north is the most expansive part of the stadium, and there never any GT fans there. It’s only used when opposing teams bring enough fans to fill it. If the upper north would’ve just been symmetrical with either the UE or UW, BDS would look so much better as a whole. But the way it stands now the UN stands out like a sore thumb. And when it’s either filled with red, orange, or green, or just empty it looks even worse.

yrp

Jolly Good Fellow
I think if we remember that Graham is a good runner we end up playing good games.

This game I saw quite a few designed QB runs for him which I think we were missing in some other games.

That and when we trust Mason with the ball, good things happen.

Looks like Pnut saw how VTs QB was running over us and remembered that we have some great runners in our QB room

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
If NC State fans wanted a balanced offense, they got one 227 yards passing and 230 yards rushing pretty balanced but kicking field goals seldom wins games these days. I don't know why coaches have to over think things. When they tried for the two points why not run it? We could not stop them and our defense was exhausted. Glad their coach had to prove he was a genius. No bowl for the Pack this year.

Yes, I was dreading a run off right tackle that we weren't stopping at all. I was tired and sleepy and did not want to have to watch overtime. [emoji4]

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Personally I thought the dropped bomb was a terrible play. NCS had just scored and we could not stop them. Our D was exhausted and needed a rest and with 5+ minutes left in the game, we needed to run some time off the clock. Not the call so much but we had a receiver wide open in the middle for 10 yds but we threw a low percentage pass that left us with only 2 downs to make 10 yds, which we didn't. Could have easily cost us the game.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
North student section was as solid as any game since last years Miami game. They might as well eliminate the south endzone seats with AI 2020 and the Wardlaw update, since that student section is hardly ever populated with GT students. Nowadays it’s mostly used for overflow when the visiting team has more fans than will fit in the southeast corner, which NCSU didn’t have tonight. BDS could be such a fantastic looking stadium, and it’s just not. They could’ve stayed with the horseshoe, or went with angled corners like Stanford, and they went with neither. The upper north is the most expansive part of the stadium, and there never any GT fans there. It’s only used when opposing teams bring enough fans to fill it. If the upper north would’ve just been symmetrical with either the UE or UW, BDS would look so much better as a whole. But the way it stands now the UN stands out like a sore thumb. And when it’s either filled with red, orange, or green, or just empty it looks even worse.

Or, you know, I’ve got a novel idea: more GT fans actually step up (since we’re so successful and all) and buy season tickets.

And then, if you can’t attend, don’t sell or give them to opposing fans.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Good game, with some ugly moments. This team needed that win.
Graham has good arm at times, others times it's a wtf moment

Anyways, I sure hope we see more fans at Bobby Dodd next weekend
I know the record sucks and it's not fun to watch this team at times but out of all the games this year please help.fill the stadium. Nothing worse that seeing our own turf 70% red and black . Uga has a lot riding on their end so I'm sure they are going to be loud and show up in masses. Just come support our team for the last game of the year , and hey maybe just maybe they will pull of a miracle at Bobby Dodd. This team needs our support

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

ezbee

Georgia Tech Fan
Any win is a good win and this was a nice bounce back from last game. Mason may not have elite break away speed but that kid is a player!

Good game by Graham but still some WTF moments. Not sure if it’s entirely his fault or a product of the new offense. Too many give aways and damn it seems like he locks on one receiver and will never look another direction.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Kudos to a 2-8 team that played like they gave a damn. Most teams would have packed it up. Credit to the coaching staff AND players for that.

Yup. D forced 2 FG early which forced 2 PT attempts and we stopped those 2. We should have put the game far away, but we didn’t and they could have easily won at the end

-1 in turnovers and we still won. The muffed punt at the end of the first half was a gift. (See opening comment - we gave a damn.)

Wow. Only 3 pages of comments after a W? ........

Work in morning?

For the record:

We beat NC State in both football and hoops and stole both Jamious Griffin and Nate McCollum from them. Hey, we own somebody!

Baseball series in ATL 10-12 April. :)

PMac is a ****ing legend! This guy needs to do College Gameday

After my third whiskey, I agree. He was obnoxious when I was sober though. Those announcers had a nuanced sarcasm.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Kudos to a 2-8 team that played like they gave a damn. Most teams would have packed it up. Credit to the coaching staff AND players for that.

Not enough folks giving credit to the coaching staff for simply keeping these kids heads up and the motivation there despite a very tough season. I think this was the key to the game...for most of the game, ti looked like we wanted it more, which given the records, you would not expect. All the bi***ng and moving about this coaching staff, yet they definitely did a nice job with the players they have this year to motivate them.

Kudos to players AND coaches!

Deleted member 2897

-1 in turnovers and we still won. The muffed punt at the end of the first half was a gift. (See opening comment - we gave a damn.)

Work in morning?

Baseball series in ATL 10-12 April. :)

After my third whiskey, I agree. He was obnoxious when I was sober though. Those announcers had a nuanced sarcasm.

We swept NC State’s Volleyball team 3-0 last Sunday.

We shut out NC State’s Softball team 5-0 last spring.

Our Women’s Tennis team demolished NC State’s 6-1 last spring.

Our Men’s Team shut out NC State’s 4-0 last spring.

:D

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
JG is a talented guy and is a frosh playing behind a patchwork OL.....so the inconsistency makes sense. He stood in there and delivered a TD strike to Brown on the corner route when he knew he was going to get obliterated. Tough kid, I like him.

Also greatly appreciate his busting his butt to be eligible academically. I have seen several guys try and do that and fail, so it shows maturity and heart.

Mason - I wonder what he will look like when Key assists our OL to become a team strength. SCARY. Motivating for an OL to block for a guy like that. Jamious going to be a good one too.

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
Mason = beast mode!
Mason has 2 more seasons here and Griffin and Howard as back-ups even if we somehow lose the recruit from Dalton the running back situation is okay. Griffin will continue to improve and Mason with a little better o-line play for next few years will be answering a call in April at some point and be getting drafted.

Brown is electric. Even with the uncharacteristic drop.

Graham played well. Still needs to stay composed on those intermediate routes and handle the ball better, but that will come. He has made a lot of progress.
Graham has 3 passes that should've been easy receptions for him... the 1 deep ball drop and 2 short passes which he just completely missed wide open guys no player perfect but room for improvement.

Oline played well. Key making some chicken salad with all the injuries.
For the lack of depth in Talent this unit has slowly improved as the season went on from god awful to porous... which is actually pretty positive considering the circumstances I feel comfortable that Key is doing a good job of coaching these guys up we have a talent and depth issue which only can be improved by more reps and more recruits but going into next season this unit could go from porous to serviceable with a good off-season.

D has not shot until we get some bodies up front. Dwags don’t have to throw a pass next week and would still run for 400.
I hope J.Lee comes back and plays about 310-315 and perhaps we get one of the DT recruits we been in on so far this off-season would be helpful along with some guys getting healthy and Clayton getting out there. A couple of players that deserve a shout-out as they look promising Quon Griffin, Jordan Dominick, Chico Bennett (Prior to injury) as young player are looking promising at times.

Another good game by Harvin. ST overall were good today.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Great day/night for me. Got my 5th hole in one (2nd one in 3 months) worth $200, and then a night at BDS with my son watching us get our 3rd win of the season. D line tired out in the 4th qtr, but we held on for the win. Not a top talented opponent, but still an ACC win. Was great win for our kids, much needed.

Need more details on the ACE!

Congrats.