NC State Postgame

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Random thoughts:
Could’ve been a blowout.
-The offense has big play ability but struggles sustaining drives.
-At some point the game is going to slow down for Graham and he’ll look better than tonight and less like last week. That kid has so much talent.
-We desperately need players on both lines, but I’m proud of how the guys battled.
-We did not get called for many penalties.
-AB is special. I feel good about our current WR group and it will be deeper next year.
-Mason. Dayum. Don’t know what to say. He could be our first RB draft pick in a long time.
-I hope Tariq and JT are okay
- Curry had a solid game, but played too many snaps. We need to get Knight in there to spell him and learn. We sub lines almost every play but he rarely comes out.
-Coaching blunders: 2 quick TOs in the 3rd that almost snuck up on us. Could we have accepted the blind side block on Leary and tack on 15 yards? If so, I probably would have done so... would’ve been a 30+ yard penalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Mason made a lot of yardage just on pure effort when he could have been stopped for no gain. That is what a playmaker does. He just wanted it tonight. JG played probably his best game so far.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Y’all I know I’m all about the process Collins is pursuing and I have faith in his ability to recruit, but I’m really hoping he and his staff are also having a learning curve. The last kick return we only had 10 on the field and ran a guy on just before the kick. TV also showed Collins having to yell at the offense to get on the field after a timeout due to play clock starting. Also, several times Graham stared at the sidelines while the clock ran down. That sort of stuff HAS to be cleaned up by the time we are ready to compete.

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Y’all I know I’m all about the process Collins is pursuing and I have faith in his ability to recruit, but I’m really hoping he and his staff are also having a learning curve. The last kick return we only had 10 on the field and ran a guy on just before the kick. TV also showed Collins having to yell at the offense to get on the field after a timeout due to play clock starting. Also, several times Graham stared at the sidelines while the clock ran down. That sort of stuff HAS to be cleaned up by the time we are ready to compete.
We also ran another play with Mason when two kneel downs would have won the game. That really is silly seeing how it cost Oregon last year against Stanford.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Love the win. Only complaints

1. Graham seems to have a knack for making some really bad mistakes in critical situations. That fumble was terrible. 35-13 would have essentially ended it

2. Collins needs to learn how to manage the damn clock. 1:21 left with 2nd down and no time outs for the opponent is two knees and leave the field. But then again, what could go wrong from shotgun snaps and the entire defense standing up your running back?

Clock management killed us against Citadel. Could have done it again today. He needs to learn how to handle those situations. It’s simple math...

Glad to have the win though!

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Very impressive how the O came in and played. I can't believe I'm saying this but....Pnut called a good game*gag*. Credit where credit is due. And Jordan Mason is a freaking man. On the other hand, our second half D was atrocious, they basically just ran it every play and we couldn't stop it. Got some things to improve on. Exactly what we needed going in to ugag game imo
I respectfully disagree on Pnut First half yes he called an excellent game. But second half except for last drive he went away from Mason If Pnut had not gone away from him we would have controlled more of the TOP and our D would not have been waisted. BC showed that NCST could not stop the run. Up to the last drive Mason had only 4 carries in the second half Thank god Pnut allowed the Beast to take over

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I respectfully disagree on Pnut First half yes he called an excellent game. But second half except for last drive he went away from Mason If Pnut had not gone away from him we would have controlled more of the TOP and our D would not have been waisted. BC showed that NCST could not stop the run. Up to the last drive Mason had only 4 carries in the second half Thank god Pnut allowed the Beast to take over
Kind of disagree here. In the 2nd half, Graham was 1 for 5 thru the air. We tied TOP in the 2nd half, a half where NC State ran the ball extensively. We had success today getting explosives through the air, and Brown's long pass drop in the 4th quarter was a great call, great pass, and just a rare mistake by Brown. That drive could have iced it but ended with a punt.

Another of the incompletions was the pass to Malachi Carter in the wide open field. I was pleased with the playcalling on O.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Just letting Mason keep his legs to win the game for us when it mattered :beercheers: