NC State Postgame

alagold

Helluva Engineer
We'll see in two years.
And you guys can keep waving the depleted flag, but it ain't gonna make it true.

This class is very close average rating wise to previous classes, but just a later number. I hope they work out great. That would be awesome. But I'm not seeing much promise coaching wise. Prove me wrong. We'll see in a couple of years.

Well I am not that impressed with GC yet but one fact is stunning--in '16 of the 18 signees (should be strength of class-SRs)there are NONE, NADA, NOT ONE in that class that is a real bulwark/mainstay to THIS YRS team.
-Jaz Lee,Martin, Camp, Lucas J, all come closest but that's not saying much as a positive year-long force.
Almost unbelievable that a WHOLE class are gave us so little.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Some other interesting postgame notes:
  • With 11 touchdown passes this season, Georgia Tech So. QB James Graham now ranks second in school history for touchdown passes by a freshman, one behind Shawn Jones’ 12 in 1989.
  • Georgia Tech r-Fr. QB James Graham had a career-high three touchdown passes (17 yds. to Fr. WR Ahmarean Brown, 13 yds. to So. WR Tobias Oliver and 11 yds. to Brown), the most by a Yellow Jacket since TaQuon Marshall had three vs. Jacksonville State on Sept. 9, 2017, the most by a Jacket against an NCAA Division I FBS opponent since Justin Thomas had three vs. Virginia on Nov. 1, 2014 and the most by a Georgia Tech freshman since Reggie Ball had three vs. North Carolina on Nov. 15, 2003.
  • Georgia Tech became the first home team to win in the GT-NCSU series since the Yellow Jackets beat the Wolfpack, 29-21, on Oct. 4, 2003 at Bobby Dodd Stadium. The visiting team had won the last six games in the series.
  • Georgia Tech moved to 19-4 against its rotating opponents from the ACC Atlantic Division since the league began divisional play in 2005.
  • Georgia Tech snapped a four-game losing streak in Thursday night ACC games at Bobby Dodd Stadium with its first win in a Thursday night conference home game since it beat Clemson, 30-27, on Sept. 10, 2009.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Some other interesting postgame notes:
  • With 11 touchdown passes this season, Georgia Tech So. QB James Graham now ranks second in school history for touchdown passes by a freshman, one behind Shawn Jones’ 12 in 1989.
  • Georgia Tech r-Fr. QB James Graham had a career-high three touchdown passes (17 yds. to Fr. WR Ahmarean Brown, 13 yds. to So. WR Tobias Oliver and 11 yds. to Brown), the most by a Yellow Jacket since TaQuon Marshall had three vs. Jacksonville State on Sept. 9, 2017, the most by a Jacket against an NCAA Division I FBS opponent since Justin Thomas had three vs. Virginia on Nov. 1, 2014 and the most by a Georgia Tech freshman since Reggie Ball had three vs. North Carolina on Nov. 15, 2003.
  • Georgia Tech became the first home team to win in the GT-NCSU series since the Yellow Jackets beat the Wolfpack, 29-21, on Oct. 4, 2003 at Bobby Dodd Stadium. The visiting team had won the last six games in the series.
  • Georgia Tech moved to 19-4 against its rotating opponents from the ACC Atlantic Division since the league began divisional play in 2005.
  • Georgia Tech snapped a four-game losing streak in Thursday night ACC games at Bobby Dodd Stadium with its first win in a Thursday night conference home game since it beat Clemson, 30-27, on Sept. 10, 2009.

Now all we have to do is figure out a way to "rotate" Clemson off the schedule like we do NC State, Wake Forest, Syracuse, BC, and FSU then maybe we could have a chance at another ACC title.

GTFLETCH

Banned
TStan and Collins have a plan and are executing the plan. They don’t care what any of us think thankfully. We just had a coach who was pretty darn successful but was way to sensitive. Collins is going to do him just like Johnson did. And he’ll be successful just like Johnson was. And here’s a fact- Collins has won more ACC games in year 1 than Johnson did in year 8. Whether Collins ever turns into a great game day coach I don’t have the answer, but I do know that we’ll have a 2 deep of legit P5 players and he won’t have years like Johnson did in year 8 because he understands recruiting is the “lifeblood”. Johnson believed his system was the “lifeblood” and he was wrong.
He will not be around for year eight if he cannot win 6 games next year!

GTFLETCH

Banned
Lol. These bold proclamations that you have no control over.
It is simple math.... At a school like Tech, season tickets and game day attendance revenue still matter... Until the new Tech President ( I have heard he is open to the idea) allows the endowment to donate to the GTAA.. Fans will not show if this Coach can not avg 6 to 7 wins a year...

Now if he beats Georgia this week then all will be forgiven, if he looses then he better have a plan more than the used car salesmanship we have seen thus far...Or he will not make it....

Call me stupid, call me dumb, but show me a coach in Tech History to have coached 8 years and not at least avg 6 to 7 wins a season!

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
TStan and Collins have a plan and are executing the plan. They don’t care what any of us think thankfully. We just had a coach who was pretty darn successful but was way to sensitive. Collins is going to do him just like Johnson did. And he’ll be successful just like Johnson was. And here’s a fact- Collins has won more ACC games in year 1 than Johnson did in year 8. Whether Collins ever turns into a great game day coach I don’t have the answer, but I do know that we’ll have a 2 deep of legit P5 players and he won’t have years like Johnson did in year 8 because he understands recruiting is the “lifeblood”. Johnson believed his system was the “lifeblood” and he was wrong.
Dear god man, let it go.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Dear god man, let it go.

I’ll be glad to let it go when others give this coach a chance. All I want is fairness. But, I’ll definitely be here pointing facts out over emotional histrionics. Did you not see the post above someone made saying if Collins doesn’t win 6 NEXT YEAR he won’t be here in year 8. Why don’t you ask that guy about that completely unfair post. So, if Collins wins 4 next year then goes undefeated in the next 5 seasons he won’t be here in year 8? It’s that kind of total lack of knowledge or fairness that I’ll always point out and frankly what this board needs more of.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
I’ll be glad to let it go when others give this coach a chance. All I want is fairness. But, I’ll definitely be here pointing facts out over emotional histrionics. Did you not see the post above someone made saying if Collins doesn’t win 6 NEXT YEAR he won’t be here in year 8. Why don’t you ask that guy about that completely unfair post. So, if Collins wins 4 next year then goes undefeated in the next 5 seasons he won’t be here in year 8? It’s that kind of total lack of knowledge or fairness that I’ll always point out and frankly what this board needs more of.

Agree. People on this site love making claims over stuff they have no control of. The lack of support Collins is getting from fans is absurd, and then the same people wonder why we aren’t competing with the big name programs.
Collins going to be our coach for at least three more years no matter what. So people can either start supporting him and hope it works out or just go root for another team.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

I just reread through this thread and I didn't see any such post.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Collins going to be our coach for at least three more years no matter what. So people can either start supporting him and hope it works out or just go root for another team.

For some of my fellow old-timers, it seems like the last 3 guys we have had as HC have met serious and very vocal opposition from the time they set foot on campus from a small % of the fan base. I don't recall people doing this with Curry, Ross, O'Leary or even Lewis. I was at school with Pepper Rogers but after he was hired and had been there a few years. I knew people were grumbling at the back end of his tenure.

Am I seriously forgetful? Or is it a function of this newfangled interwebs thing??