NC State Postgame

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
The TRUTH is CPJ left a depleted roster for CGC. CGC has been on the job for less than a year, accepted the avg at best recruiting class, and is putting together the best recruiting class since 2007. Deal with it, or ignore the obvious. It would be beneficial to the program for you to block everyone you disagree with.
We'll see in two years.
And you guys can keep waving the depleted flag, but it ain't gonna make it true.

This class is very close average rating wise to previous classes, but just a later number. I hope they work out great. That would be awesome. But I'm not seeing much promise coaching wise. Prove me wrong. We'll see in a couple of years.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
CPJ won the acc and was close to winning it many times. Worked with a much smaller budget. When Collins comes close to sniffing that then you can talk to me about it. Until then take your friends advice and block me if the truth hurts so much.
GTRanj2, took your advice and ignored you. Thanks for the advice, the message board will be a better place without you.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
If you feel bad for Tech, don’t. The bottom is dropping out at UCLA. 32,000 attendance. Ouch.
Atlanta and Tech are fair weather fans. We have to have a winner to show up respectably. But when we are winning we show up. I live in Wyoming so that’s my excuse.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
I read a study of MLB attendance a while back and the only significant influences upward were going to the postseason and building a new stadium. Obviously, the downward trend is there for all CBD. Seems that converting to an (adult and child) amusement park model with fewer seats and higher RPU is the answer, but capital, as usual, is the question.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Any rational person knew this was a significant transition. Any rational person can see that the players love playing for Collins. Any rational person can see the progress this team has made this year. The same rational person can also see that Collins needs work on his clock management/in game coaching. Same rational person can have concerns about coach P and his play calling (though it does seem to have gotten better when we block better.
GT fan /=rational person

GTFLETCH

Banned
We aren’t being fed the narrative that playing in a new system is hard for talented players. We are being fed a narrative that these guys simply aren’t talented and we won’t be successful until they are replaced. Even if they maintain their own positivity, that can’t be enjoyable to hear constantly.
I agree and the problem is not the players it is the coaching.... Tech now has a problem.... Season ticket sales will be down...on the upside the ACC Network Money is here... CGC unless he beats Georgia is losing the fan base.... That was already leaving because they were tired of 7 win season from 2001 to 2018....
If it is going to take 3 to 4 years to start avg 7 win seasons again Georgia Tech might just become the bottom feeder of the Coastal for the next decade... So the million dollar question with the program being set back...How does Georgia Tech get back to avg 7 win seasons like we enjoyed under Chan Gailey and Paul Johnson

LibertyTurns

Banned
I read a study of MLB attendance a while back and the only significant influences upward were going to the postseason and building a new stadium. Obviously, the downward trend is there for all CBD. Seems that converting to an (adult and child) amusement park model with fewer seats and higher RPU is the answer, but capital, as usual, is the question.
For all the smart people on here it’s amazing they can’t understand the individual make/buy decision on GT football. The fan is paying money to be entertained. Now that’s a combination of coming back to campus & reliving the good or not so good old days/tailgating, watching a game, having food/drinks plus it could be other things like entertainment, activities, etc. The venue matters, the little things like concessions matter, parking matters, not baking your *** off in 95F heat in the summer matters, etc. Why we’re so binary on here is illogical. People think a football coach twitting junk out, etc is going to get people flocking here. Yes it will help but if we continue to neglect everything else we’re going to circle the drain like all the middling teams.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
The TRUTH is CPJ left a depleted roster for CGC. CGC has been on the job for less than a year, accepted the avg at best recruiting class, and is putting together the best recruiting class since 2007. Deal with it, or ignore the obvious. It would be beneficial to the program for you to block everyone you disagree with.
OMG, the whole coach argument is back.

What I KNOW is that a bunch of kids who were 2-8 with nothing to play for came out and won game by wanting it more, showed tremendous energy and enthusiasm and supported each other. There are plenty of 2-8 teams that have given up. I recall seeing how Bill Lewis' team played in year 2...that was ugly. This year is NOT ugly. We just lack players.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
OMG, the whole coach argument is back.

What I KNOW is that a bunch of kids who were 2-8 with nothing to play for came out and won game by wanting it more, showed tremendous energy and enthusiasm and supported each other. There are plenty of 2-8 teams that have given up. I recall seeing how Bill Lewis' team played in year 2...that was ugly. This year is NOT ugly. We just lack players.
Good win. But the year is ugly. The 2-7 players gave up the week before though.

Whether that’s result of CGG or CPJ, I frankly don’t care and if anyone cares, plenty of others on here that like to debate that issue full time and in every thread.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Well, we can now confirm that the lack of posting activity has nothing to do with the Thursday night game. We were up to 17 pages by midnight of the VT game i.e,. than 5 hours postgame. We are now 11 pages 58 hours post-NC State victory.

Lot of warm crow still available for those who suggested we'd win 1 or 2 games this year after El Cid and as recently as last week. I think it's fair to chalk it up to the team/coaches having measurably improved throughout the year (W/L), rather than folks making an unfounded early projection. El Cid was, in fact, ugly.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
Good win. But the year is ugly. The 2-7 players gave up the week before though.

Whether that’s result of CGG or CPJ, I frankly don’t care and if anyone cares, plenty of others on here that like to debate that issue full time and in every thread.
Not buying the giving up part on the VTech game. I just watched the VTech / Pitt game and think they are by far the second best team behind Clemson. I think they took full advantage of our lines and it snowballed. If VTech bloodies Va. next week, it would backup my thoughts. We maybe hard to watch but I understand the difference between Parker Braun and our Walk-on OLs and Brandon Adams and our two walk-on starting dline.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
TStan and Collins have a plan and are executing the plan. They don’t care what any of us think thankfully. We just had a coach who was pretty darn successful but was way to sensitive. Collins is going to do him just like Johnson did. And he’ll be successful just like Johnson was. And here’s a fact- Collins has won more ACC games in year 1 than Johnson did in year 8. Whether Collins ever turns into a great game day coach I don’t have the answer, but I do know that we’ll have a 2 deep of legit P5 players and he won’t have years like Johnson did in year 8 because he understands recruiting is the “lifeblood”. Johnson believed his system was the “lifeblood” and he was wrong.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Nice narrative... He also won 1/3 as many games as CPJ in his first year. He may end up being a good coach -and I sincerely hope he does become one- but he is not a good coach yet.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Do I really need to list the roster that CPJ inherited? Collins would have won a lot of games with that team as well. That team was loaded. Amahreon Brown, Tre Swilling, and Percy Harvin are the only players we have who would have started on that 2008 team. Maybe Charlie Thomas. And the only narrative I have is to give this coach a chance just like we gave other coaches. Collins strength is recruiting so he deserves a chance to recruit for multiple cycles.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
For all the smart people on here it’s amazing they can’t understand the individual make/buy decision on GT football. The fan is paying money to be entertained. Now that’s a combination of coming back to campus & reliving the good or not so good old days/tailgating, watching a game, having food/drinks plus it could be other things like entertainment, activities, etc. The venue matters, the little things like concessions matter, parking matters, not baking your *** off in 95F heat in the summer matters, etc. Why we’re so binary on here is illogical. People think a football coach twitting junk out, etc is going to get people flocking here. Yes it will help but if we continue to neglect everything else we’re going to circle the drain like all the middling teams.
Yeah, I live in California, so unfortunately I can only attend a few games a year. The in-game / total experience has been so bad for the past few years. Tailgating feels like people are hiding in foxholes in the parking decks, the inbound traffic situation is far from welcoming or simple even if you have the good parking, and man, the sponsored content and promos have been jarringly bad. Still have big hope that Collins can shift from brand to product soon, or delegate that part to someone with a customer's eye view.