Nate Cottrell out for year, Mikell Lands-Davis moves to A-back

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The D is a big reason we won the VT, Clemson, and UGA games last year. If we had lost those three there would be a much different vibe right now.

VPI averaged 1.36 ppd versus pwr5 def last year. They scored 2ppd vs us and still lost. CU averaged 1.82 ppd vs pwr 5 D, and if we had kicked the FG from the 15 as time expired, our O would've scored 2 ppd.

We did better v Georgie who averaged 3.12 ppd against pwr5 and scored 2.43 ppd vs us (this doesn't count their D score).

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
College football in general has changed and defense isn't as good because of the way offense is now. But to sit here and be fine with Ted is disturbing to me. He hasn't done anything to whoa me. When he was here his first time, he didn't whoa me neither. Maybe firing him was a little to much but if the D struggles again this year, his seat could be warming up. If anyone doesn't like it then I ask for you to just look up the stats. It's terrible other than the turnover margin. I don't want him gone but he needs to improve his side of the ball. We have a lot of guys back on D so there is no excuse this year. He has to do better or else!
I think he did an amazing job last year considering the decimation of the defensive line before the season even began. Then we saw improvement as the season wore on. You throw in the recruiting he has done and he has impressed me a lot.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
College football in general has changed and defense isn't as good because of the way offense is now. But to sit here and be fine with Ted is disturbing to me. He hasn't done anything to whoa me. When he was here his first time, he didn't whoa me neither. Maybe firing him was a little to much but if the D struggles again this year, his seat could be warming up. If anyone doesn't like it then I ask for you to just look up the stats. It's terrible other than the turnover margin. I don't want him gone but he needs to improve his side of the ball. We have a lot of guys back on D so there is no excuse this year. He has to do better or else!
Honestly, you can't just look at the stats. We lost 4 defensive linemen in the off season last year. We started a true freshman that weighed about 30 lbs less than he should at DE. We had some horrible games on D, but the guys made plays when it mattered, and to me at least some of that is coaching. 99% of us agree that we have to be better because we will revert to the mean in turnovers, but we should put last year's team in context.

Roof got a bad rap in his first stint with us, but if we perform like those teams we will be tough to beat. We had so e Top 30 defenses with Roof.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
These People hanging on MA's jock are annoying
Not picking on YOU
You've got absolutely no room to talk. You and Dottie are the founding members of the BBB.

I for one am excited about MA. I wasn't blown away with the spring game, but if he can put on some muscle(he was around 200lbs during the spring game) he has a chance to be good this year. Over the long term I feel like MM is the answer, but Allen should be more than servicable this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
20150812_171537.png

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The positive is that he will have a full year for recovery and I will be glad that potentially we can have him for 1 more year.

But he won't be able to practice to get the timing and angles down; and won't be able to practice the most important aspect - blocking. I'm glad it isn't a total year loss but it still sucks.

Hope he gets ahead in his studies and works hard where he can.