My thoughts! YOU NEED TO READ!

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Take it easy gents! This is a clear case of Talent vs. Scheme. While I am as disappointed as everyone else with the outcome, this was the exact reason why CPJ ran the TO. It is the ultimate equalizer. We just got Johnson’d. It is also a clear sign our talent is not yet able to over come a better scheme. CGC needs more line talent to execute his scheme. I hate to admit it, but we will be a .500 team for the next two years. Hang your hat on 2021. Patience is tough, but remember Saban and Smart went through something similar.
"We will be a .500 team the next two years." What team are you watching?!?!?! I would be thrilled if we could be a .333 team the next two years. Next year is going to be a doozy with ND, UCF, Clem, UGA. We realistically could be -160 point diff in those 4. 2021 will be the year to make our judgment on Collins (and, more importantly, Patenaude).

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Missed assignments, missed blocks, missed throws, missed tackles, missed extra points, missed field goals, these things happen. I can live with these mistakes, but I can’t get over the clock management errors. Any Head Coach should know that if the penalty is called during a running clock, then once the ball is blown into play, that clock resumes. I don’t care what the Referee said, CGC should know these things.
He needs to set up a meeting with CPJ to discuss how to manage the clock in late game scenarios, because, like it or not, CPJ is one of the best clock managers I’ve ever seen.

If this was hard to follow, I apologize. I’m working in between sentences.

Animal02

Banned
Missed assignments, missed blocks, missed throws, missed tackles, missed extra points, missed field goals, these things happen. I can live with these mistakes, but I can’t get over the clock management errors. Any Head Coach should know that if the penalty is called during a running clock, then once the ball is blown into play, that clock resumes. I don’t care what the Referee said, CGC should know these things.
He needs to set up a meeting with CPJ to discuss how to manage the clock in late game scenarios, because, like it or not, CPJ is one of the best clock managers I’ve ever seen.

If this was hard to follow, I apologize. I’m working in between sentences.
Like that would ever happen :rolleyes:

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Lets not wait 3 years to make a decision on Patenaude , if we do than that would make my decision on CGC.
I agree with you and thought Patenaude was a bizarre hire from the jump but I just don't see him being fired after 1 or 2 years while making this massive transition from a TO offense.

LibertyTurns

Banned
If the team is not under control at Temple it will be telling. Here’s some basic elements that need immediate correction:

*Nobody should get on that plane without being capable of playing a clean game. There should be a few empty seats based on the Citadel game to send a message.

*Nobody should get on the plane without understanding the basic rules of the game. Hire a consultant to train on basic rules.

*Nobody should get on the plane that cannot control themselves on the sideline or on the field. Stop the dancing like we’re trying to be da U.

Scubapro

Banned
CGC is going to be here, come hell or high water, for at least 4-5 years, so Animal, Whiskey, Supersize, etc., could do everyone a favor and disappear for a few years. Thanks.
Just because he is going to be a fixture for several years doesn't mean he is above criticism. Especially after the past two games.
I love seeing all the analogies of this staff against being like previous Tech coaches. Guess what, previous actions have zero bearing on current results. From what I have seen our O Coordinator has no clue.
I watched O Leary rebuild with Huxtable - It was bad but not WTF was that bad
Watched Ross re build with a locker room in revolt...It was Chernobyl -esque ...it wasn't this bad

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
CGC and Hewett same kind of contract!
You can’t be serious? Did you even fact check that or are you just trying to jump hot take train for likes? An auto renewing contract that can’t be terminated without paying an enormous buyout is not the same as giving a longer contract.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
You can’t be serious? Did you even fact check that or are you just trying to jump hot take train for likes? An auto renewing contract that can’t be terminated without paying an enormous buyout is not the same as giving a longer contract.
Just long contracts!