My opinion top 6

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
CAlabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, UCF.

I’m no fan of UCF as they haven’t even played a full schedule in 3 years. But this is the perfect time to reward wins - 4 undefeated teams.

It will satisfy everyone. All the G5 fans will be intrigued - Alabama deserves that for a round 1 opponent. And it will prove if UCF really belongs. I think the ratings would be good.

Georgia had their shot to prove their worth by playing 4 ranked teams. They went 2-2. They lost by 20 points to one of them. They couldn’t win their own conference with essentially a home game.

Ohio State and Oklahoma have weaknesses. Do it guys, put the 4 undefeated in. REEARD WINNING.

If they put Georgia in, then we don’t even need to keep score. Just do eyeball tests and look at stats. Which by the way would have put us in the ACCCG instead of Pitt. We had more offense than they did when we played. We looked like the better team.

The crazy thing is that if Florida hadn’t brainfsrted and lost to Missouri and Kentucky, they’d be 11-1 and idiots like Herbstreit would be talking about 3 SEC teams in the playoffs.
Or LSU, they could’ve lost to Bama and went 11-1 and then there would be arguments for Bama, LSU, UGa as 3 of the 4

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. ND
4. Oklahoma
5. UGA
6. Ohio State

Hoping UGA and OSU play. I think UGA May be better the Oklahoma but they lost two games and didn’t win their championship. And **** on em!

UGA would beat Ohio St, along with everyone else not named Bama and maybe Clemson. They are very good. Sucks that we have Clemson and Uga every year, but that’s the cards we are dealt.

Deleted member 2897

UGA would beat Ohio St, along with everyone else not named Bama and maybe Clemson. They are very good. Sucks that we have Clemson and Uga every year, but that’s the cards we are dealt.

And year after next Notre Dame too.

And the U is back too so that’s a 4th tough opp- oh nevermind, the U is not back again.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
And year after next Notre Dame too.

And the U is back too so that’s a 4th tough opp- oh nevermind, the U is not back again.

GT has a tough row to hoe. That’s why I believe the main goal and measuring stick should be to win the Coastal.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I can’t believe there are people in this thread trying to justify a two loss UGA in the playoffs. The mental gymnastics are too much for me.
I'm more concerned with who beat them rather than how many times they were beaten.And while I know OSU tuned up Oregon for a NC, Clemson waxed both of them , big time, in recent championship series. I know it might look bad, but I really think the best three teams are Alabama, Clemson and Georgia. Ohio State and Oklahoma can fight it out for No. 4. But I know the committee will do the safe thing -- and it will be entirely defensible, so I am not saying it will be a terrible decision -- and vote Oklahoma in. OSU still has to explain that Purdue fiasco, and that 31-0 pounding Clemson put on them in a semi-final game a couple of years back. And I will straight up admit it: Urban Meyer does not deserve to bring a team into the championships. His shameful conduct in hiding the wife-beating instances of one of his assistants is not excusable even if his team pays.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Ohio State's strength of record is actually better than ugag's. Uga definitely has better losses than Ohio St. but they had one more of course and who did ugag actually beat? Florida is their best win.
This should be the biggest indictment of mutt ranking this year. For this reason they should be 6 or 7, you can argue if they belong below UCF but they definitely belong below OU and Oh St.

LibertyTurns

Banned
If they put uga in, ill just watch the ACC network from now on. They said Baylor wasn’t good enough because they didn’t win their conference, and then you put a 2 loss team in? That is the sound of half the country turning off their TV. No need to get invested in a rigged game.
There are some actually arguing that ND shouldn’t get in. An undefeated team that played a good schedule.
If they are saying osu, Oklahoma, and ND don’t deserve it, what do you think they say about an 11-1 GT team in the future?
It’s about wins and losses. And a 7 point loss to Bama while playing well is still a loss.
This thing needs to go to 8 teams quick. 16 would be the perfect amount, but they will never do that.
It’s worse than that: would a 13-0 GT team make it? Consider that for a minute, getting the UCF treatment because all the competition we beat was characterized as being crappy.

GTjunkie

Jolly Good Fellow
The dwags had their chance against LSU and lost. They had their chance against Bama and lost.
All this dwag talk, from the so called "experts", is nauseating. Especially, from Herbstreit, who is/was one of my favorites.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It’s worse than that: would a 13-0 GT team make it? Consider that for a minute, getting the UCF treatment because all the competition we beat was characterized as being crappy.

Yes, absolutely...that means we would have beaten Clemson (probably twice) and Uga. Those names will carry a lot of weight at least for the next few years, even when they may be down a little from current performance.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
If ugag is one of the 4, and osu or OU is left out, the playoff as we know it will be totally different this time next year.
Personally, there is a part of me that :
  1. hopes UGa gets selected in the Top 4
  2. and that the other Power 5 Conferences besides the SEC get so upset the pull out of this deal and form their own College Football Playoffs excluding the SEC
One day shortly after that, we'll get the College Super Bowl which pits the SEC winner vs the Best of the Rest Winner in a one-game winner takes all game...much like the old AFL-NFL Super Bowl games.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Y'all do understand Herbie is an OSU alum and if he defaulted to that folks would roast him unmercifully! He's doing nothing but trying to spark ratings for the selection show :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Is ga one of the 4 best? Possibly but their resume is their resume, TWO losses. End.Of.Discussion as to the playoffs!

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I can’t believe there are people in this thread trying to justify a two loss UGA in the playoffs. The mental gymnastics are too much for me.

I agree with that. UGa got pretty well wiped out by LSU, and Alabama has already eliminated them. No justification in giving them a second bite at the apple.

Deleted member 2897

We played 8 bowl teams this year. 9 if we win the ACCCG. 2 wins against Clemson and a win over Georgia and no doubt we would be in.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
SECSPN brainwashing. :(

Blink three times if you need rescued Roddy!
Seriously. Even DJ Shockley didn’t put georgie on his list, and he’s an alum of the school. I don’t think Roddy actually believes that. I think he’s just trying to suck up to his bosses who have an inexplicable hardon for the dwags this year. Has anyone else noticed how often uga football clips have been in commercials this year?

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree with this list for the purpose of rankings. Kirby also makes a good case that UGA is one of the 4 best. But the committee isn’t going to allow another UGA - Bama matchup when they just played. Oklahoma has to be number 4.

Personally, I want a Oklahoma- Clemson final where Clemson edges them out in a shootout.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Personally, there is a part of me that :
  1. hopes UGa gets selected in the Top 4
  2. and that the other Power 5 Conferences besides the SEC get so upset the pull out of this deal and form their own College Football Playoffs excluding the SEC
One day shortly after that, we'll get the College Super Bowl which pits the SEC winner vs the Best of the Rest Winner in a one-game winner takes all game...much like the old AFL-NFL Super Bowl games.

If it were any other sec East team I’d agree with you because I think it would spur playoff expansion, but I’d never hope UGA was anywhere near a title.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
As much as I hate to say this but ga should be in. They outplayed al for most of that game with equal if not better talent at a lot of positions.