My opinion top 6

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Their loss was by 29 to a 6 loss Purdue team.

And BARELY squeaked by Maryland

UGA resume is much better
I feel like quality wins means more than quality losses. I think both are good teams for sure. I think beating Mishigan, Penn State, and North Western is a better resume than beating Florida, Kentucky, Auburn, and GT (who are all pretty mediocre this year). OSU beat the best teams on their schedule and lost to a dud. UGA lost to the only good teams they played.

I think it’s debatable, but I side with OSU nudging them out. It is close, and I see your point.

Milwaukee

Banned
Their loss was by 29 to a 6 loss Purdue team.

And BARELY squeaked by Maryland

UGA resume is much better

That Maryland team beat a bad Texas team who beat Oklahoma whom you have at 4, and they barely "squeaked by" Army. We need to expand to 16 before cfb is ruined, it's headed there sooner than we think. Ohio State thumped the number 4 team in the nation, which makes up for the Purdue letdown.

What really is gonna be crazy is tomorrow morning when they squeeze UGA in the 4 seed after the loss to Bama tonight. Herbstreit is already politicking for it.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
How the committee is going to vote.

Bama(big market) Clemson(big market) ND(big market) Ohio state( big market).

How they should vote (P5 only counts)

Bama Clemson Oklahoma Ohio State. Conference championships matter.

How i would set the playoff.

Bama Vs Ucf
Clemson Vs ND

these are the 4 undefeated teams. Bama earns the right to shut up UCF. And its going to be Bama Clemson anyway this year.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
How the committee is going to vote.

Bama(big market) Clemson(big market) ND(big market) Ohio state( big market).

How they should vote (P5 only counts)

Bama Clemson Oklahoma Ohio State. Conference championships matter.

How i would set the playoff.

Bama Vs Ucf
Clemson Vs ND

these are the 4 undefeated teams. Bama earns the right to shut up UCF. And its going to be Bama Clemson anyway this year.
I've thought the playoff needed to be 8+ from the get go. This year is proof 4 isn't enough.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree, but Bama still wins if it’s 8.

Most likely so, but if Tua plays unhealthy they could lose. He played like crap in the game last night. If he's out for a while then Jalen could have a bad game.

If Tua and Hurts are 100% I agree.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
That Maryland team beat a bad Texas team who beat Oklahoma whom you have at 4, and they barely "squeaked by" Army. We need to expand to 16 before cfb is ruined, it's headed there sooner than we think. Ohio State thumped the number 4 team in the nation, which makes up for the Purdue letdown.

What really is gonna be crazy is tomorrow morning when they squeeze UGA in the 4 seed after the loss to Bama tonight. Herbstreit is already politicking for it.
I think he makes a good case. More importantly, Georgia made a good case, though they will never be able to shed that fourth quarter folding reputation. That is a very good football team and its defense would stack up really well against both Oklahoma and OSU. It would take an act of unpossessed courage by the committee but Alabama, Clemson, ND -- it grates on my teeth just to think that name -- and Georgia would be terrific. Unfortunately, if Georgia were to stay in at No. 4, that would mean a third game with Alabama while Clemson and ND played. (And why is it that every time the TV camera pans the Alabama sideline, it shows all the joy of migrants in a chicken processing plant?)

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

There is no way Uga gets in. They might realistically be in the top 4. But you can not put them in with their 2 losses over conference champions or an unbeaten independent. I expect Bama would have gotten in. But if there us 2 SEC teams in this year, and one of hem has 2 losses,the rest of the country will lose interest in the whole process. I include myself in this group.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
There is no way Uga gets in. They might realistically be in the top 4. But you can not put them in with their 2 losses over conference champions or an unbeaten independent. I expect Bama would have gotten in. But if there us 2 SEC teams in this year, and one of hem has 2 losses,the rest of the country will lose interest in the whole process. I include myself in this group.
I can’t believe there are people in this thread trying to justify a two loss UGA in the playoffs. The mental gymnastics are too much for me.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
If they put uga in, ill just watch the ACC network from now on. They said Baylor wasn’t good enough because they didn’t win their conference, and then you put a 2 loss team in? That is the sound of half the country turning off their TV. No need to get invested in a rigged game.
There are some actually arguing that ND shouldn’t get in. An undefeated team that played a good schedule.
If they are saying osu, Oklahoma, and ND don’t deserve it, what do you think they say about an 11-1 GT team in the future?
It’s about wins and losses. And a 7 point loss to Bama while playing well is still a loss.
This thing needs to go to 8 teams quick. 16 would be the perfect amount, but they will never do that.