My opinion top 6

LibertyTurns

Banned
As much as I hate to say this but ga should be in. They outplayed al for most of that game with equal if not better talent at a lot of positions.
Understand your point, but they had a chance. What about OU or Oh St, they don’t even get a chance to beat Bammer yet mutt gets a “do over” because a lot of people feel that way? GT deserved the national championship in 1990, but there were a lot of people that felt differently. I was overseas all season & returned for that game. I could not believe a GT team absolutely dominated a team like Nebraska. We would have beaten any team in the nation that day despite what all the experts were saying beforehand. Even in the aftermath you had people voting for a team that was given extra downs to win a game because college football is too much of a beauty contest and not enough of a playoff process. You get your chance & if you fail well unfortunately you do not deserve to play a second time. The mutts need to suck it up because this is going to happen to them every year because frankly they suck. Changing the rules doesn’t make them suck less. They will always suck just enough to not win it all.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I'm more concerned with who beat them rather than how many times they were beaten.And while I know OSU tuned up Oregon for a NC, Clemson waxed both of them , big time, in recent championship series. I know it might look bad, but I really think the best three teams are Alabama, Clemson and Georgia. Ohio State and Oklahoma can fight it out for No. 4. But I know the committee will do the safe thing -- and it will be entirely defensible, so I am not saying it will be a terrible decision -- and vote Oklahoma in. OSU still has to explain that Purdue fiasco, and that 31-0 pounding Clemson put on them in a semi-final game a couple of years back. And I will straight up admit it: Urban Meyer does not deserve to bring a team into the championships. His shameful conduct in hiding the wife-beating instances of one of his assistants is not excusable even if his team pays.
Leaving out an undefeated Notre Dame with best resume in the top 5? You care more about who best uga than who they beat? So you’d put a 4 loss UGA team over someone? Who gave they beat that proves they are a good team? They had exactly two good teams on their schedule and they lost each. Why does that make them worthy of a playoff when there are six other teams with less losses and four with more compelling wins?

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Oklahoma
4. Ohio State
This is actually kind of interesting and I would need to go back and look at ND’s resume.

I think we can all agree that we need to expand the CFB but why do some of you say 16? I think 8 would be fine and 16 would be too many games.

Let’s see.
12 reg season
1 con championship
Round of 16
That’s 17 games!!

AlphaBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
Alabama
Clemson
ND
UCF

Four unbeaten teams and all have a claim. You can only play who you play and ND doesn't duck anyone. Isn't their fault that Navy and USCw were down this year. UCF is undefeated two years running. They've beat the dog out of a lot of teams and deserve a shot.

How do you keep out undefeated teams to justify putting in an admittedly excellent uGa (that's hard to write) team that lost 2 games, an OU team that has one loss that they rebounded from in the conference championship game (LSU/Bama ring a bell?) or a 1 loss OSU team that got smoked by a 6-6 team and got lucky to beat MD?

Until we go to 8 teams (5 P5 conference winners, best G5 and 2 open slots), you have to put some standard in place; a win is always worth more than a "good loss".

We have 4 undefeated teams that have real wins and zero losses. Let 'em play.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
As much as I hate to say this but ga should be in. They outplayed al for most of that game with equal if not better talent at a lot of positions.

It doesn't matter to me whether they outplayed Alabama - they lost. And LSU beat them by 20. This should be about who has earned it, not who's "better".

Oklahoma lost only to Texas and then they avenged that loss yesterday. The committee did the right thing.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. ND
4. Oklahoma
5. UGA
6. Ohio State

Hoping UGA and OSU play. I think UGA May be better the Oklahoma but they lost two games and didn’t win their championship. And **** on em!
congrats you nailed the committee's choice

but OSU is locked into the Rose Bowl and UGA is locked into the Sugar Bowl

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
It doesn't matter to me whether they outplayed Alabama - they lost. And LSU beat them by 20. This should be about who has earned it, not who's "better".

Oklahoma lost only to Texas and then they avenged that loss yesterday. The committee did the right thing.
The committee didn’t want a 2 loss, SEC team even though the goal at the end of the day is to find the best team

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Leaving out an undefeated Notre Dame with best resume in the top 5? You care more about who best uga than who they beat? So you’d put a 4 loss UGA team over someone? Who gave they beat that proves they are a good team? They had exactly two good teams on their schedule and they lost each. Why does that make them worthy of a playoff when there are six other teams with less losses and four with more compelling wins?
You are correct and I was wrong ... but in my defense, not much of one, I did not under estimate ND. I forgot about them. Getting old is not for sissies. I think Georgia is better than Oklahoma and way better than OSU, which has begun to rival ND as the year's most over-rated football team. But to put Georgia in there faced the problem of a 'Bama-Georgia rematch, 3match let's say, as Georgia would have been at No. 4, or really scramble it and say Georgia was better than ND and should be No. 3 -- which I would have gone for -- and get two new matchups in the semi-finals. But really, ND hardly has the best resume. Beating a 5-6 USC featherweight team by one score is not really impressive, though I acknowledge USC's Wikipedia entry is of world class length. Once that rivalry would have been big. Maybe Lane Kiffin finished them off? Anyway, the omission of ND was a mistake.

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
If a 2 loss team goes to the playoff they need a better resume than UGA does this year.

Here’s a scenario when a 2 loss team advances to the playoff:

-Auburn loses a neutral site game to start the year to a big name opponent (Washington, FSU, Wisconsin, etc..)

-Come back and win 3 games over top 15 ranked opponents but fall to a top 5 ranked UGA in Athens. Still win their division.

-Play for an SEC title against top 5 UGA, and actually win the game.

-2 loss conference champion, with 4 top 15 wins.

And even with that, it would still depend on how everything else shakes out.

In my opinion BEST 4 IN depends on BODY OF WORK. It’s based on a whole season. Not who you FEEL like would win games in the playoffs after the conference championships. If that were the case, you could argue for a team that started 1-3 and then won 9 straight. ‘Nobody wants to play them right now so they’re in.’

UGA is a great team but they dug themselves a hole, needed to win yesterday, and didn’t. Now the team that they eeked out a win against last year (Oklahoma), who just won their conference, and has one loss gets their shot.