My first post: Crootin'

gtcrew

Jolly Good Fellow
The goal should be to get in the CFP.

That will mean the silly coastal and beating ugag are being taken care of.

A goal of just winning the Coastal is crap that teams in va. & n.c. dream about, because they have never won s..t in college football before.
Oh, now we understand. We want to get into the playoffs. Thats all we have to do to beat Clemson and Georgie. I'll email CGC and have him tell the team.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
It wasn't a shot at the coaches, but nice try db. Talent and fit in the system is equally as important as size. The guys in the system were recruited to run a different system and don't fit the new system and the results were awful. However, they're not all Rudy sized up front.
back at you sfb. now about my fries....

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

I keep waiting for Collins to mature into the role of a head ball coach.He now has three years, just one in P5 conference. But he cannot resist the horn blowing role he assigned himself. I gather on Wednesday he told ESPN of the reruiting ranking something on the order of the "biggest rebuilding" in college history. That more than puzzles me because somewhere in there Marshall lost a complete football team and all but one coach as I remember. I get it he may not be a history major, but geez. I do question his claim of a 263 pound OL average, but I am both too lazy and too uninterested to figure it out. I wish next season would start now so that blather will end for a bit anyway.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
I keep waiting for Collins to mature into the role of a head ball coach.He now has three years, just one in P5 conference. But he cannot resist the horn blowing role he assigned himself. I gather on Wednesday he told ESPN of the reruiting ranking something on the order of the "biggest rebuilding" in college history. That more than puzzles me because somewhere in there Marshall lost a complete football team and all but one coach as I remember. I get it he may not be a history major, but geez. I do question his claim of a 263 pound OL average, but I am both too lazy and too uninterested to figure it out. I wish next season would start now so that blather will end for a bit anyway.

Well the branding must be working because after the interview the ESPN guy even agreed that this was the biggest rebuild job in college football the past 40 years.

gtcrew

Jolly Good Fellow
I think you are conflating goals and methods...
No I got it.

Step 1. Set goal as making playoff. DO NOT set winning coastal as a goal.
Step 2. ???
Step 3. Beat Clemson and Georgie

Which is much better than

Step 1. Include realistic goal of winning Coastal in with stretch goals.
Step 2. Get as good or better players as the other Coastal teams and outdevelop and outwork the other Coastal teams
Step 3. Win the Coastal and play for the ACCC and a playoff berth. (edit:sorry, thats impossible in this scenario because we set the wrong goal)

I got it bro. DO NOT include a goal of winning the coastal.

gtcrew

Jolly Good Fellow
I really understand it now. Way back when I was young, I set a goal of being able to bench press my own weight. Now I know that single fateful decision doomed me. It was a silly goal. If I had only set a goal of benching an olympic qualifying weight, then silly things like benching my own weight would take care of themselves.

I'm pretty sure CGC has the MNC as the goal. But to make the MNC, GT has to win the coastal. It is 99.99% impossible to win the mnc without winning the coastal.

Some idiots set multiple goals, usually in logical steps. Win the Coastal, then win the ACCCG, then win the quarterfinal, then win the MNC. You are probably going to freak out when you find out some coaches break it down into simply winning the next game. Those idiots. If they just set THE goal at winning them all, then winning individual games would take care of itself.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Correct, but we were the underdog. I probably wasn't clear enough. I want us not only to be better than uga but also t be seen as being better than uga even when uga is top 10.

Now, I realize that's a tall order historically...
Ah. Gotcha. Either way, I think we probably both have a nondiscrimination policy on wins versus UGA.

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
  • If you want to make the (current 4-team version of) CFP, we're talking about needing a 3-year average somewhere in the Top 15
    • If you want to win a natty once you get there, make that Top 8
I'm not sure that that's possible at GT, but it is fun to see someone try it.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Be a FAN. Be positive. Let coach build up the team. Let him hype GT. We need the hype.
What if I told you its possible to hype GT without lying in the process? Look I'm happy about the recruiting class he pulled in, but he doesn't need to lie to sell that this is an awesome class. Obviously you don't feel he is lying or you don't care, and you are entitled to your opinion. But he sometimes comes across like the new girlfriend who's a little insecure and has to **** on the exes all the time to try and make herself seem so much better, and its not a good look.

Milwaukee

Banned
What if I told you its possible to hype GT without lying in the process? Look I'm happy about the recruiting class he pulled in, but he doesn't need to lie to sell that this is an awesome class. Obviously you don't feel he is lying or you don't care, and you are entitled to your opinion. But he sometimes comes across like the new girlfriend who's a little insecure and has to **** on the exes all the time to try and make herself seem so much better, and its not a good look.

And you come across as that bitter ex in your same scenario who is paranoid and defensive and kind of upset that the new pair is happy and moving on. It swings both ways. Just relax and move forward.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

Go look at 2018 gains link i posted. Most players lose what weight during the season and with our bad nutrition program, so averaging 263lbs in December when arrived is not out of the picture. Harrison Jump was “listed” @ 260lbs when KCH was there I’m not sure where exactly the lie is

Here is a quote from Will Bryan’s dad

They are also investing more into "quality food" now. The old strength coaches had their hands tied ( nutrition and coaches instructions) . Will left GT @ 283 lbs. 2 mths later working w the 'old staff" he was 299 and pressed 225lbs, 31 times. Will went from 260lbs to 296lbs ( 14 % body fat) from his freshman to sophomore year, and then was put on the fat man squad to lose weight... The ole OL coach did not know the difference between good weight and bad weight. You will see more gains now. Because that's the directive from above.