My first post: Crootin'

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m amazed what they were able to do with that OLine in one season.

I’m amazed they got 4 OLinemen to enroll early.

That’s like having a starting line during spring.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
CGC said the measurements for the OL group he inherited. That means all OL not just the starters.
And I am saying that it's meaningless to make that statement and include non scholarship players who aren't/weren't going to play.

Again, it doesn't matter. He's got his players coming in and has filled a gap with a good grad transfer. Hopefully that moves the needle.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
And I am saying that it's meaningless to make that statement and include non scholarship players who aren't/weren't going to play.

Again, it doesn't matter. He's got his players coming in and has filled a gap with a good grad transfer. Hopefully that moves the needle.

like will lay?

point is sometimes u dont know who is going to play. Its his numbers. It is what it is. And not far off from truth

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
He basically said in the end.

Jamyr
Jayson (& Casey)
& Phillip are the priorities for February.

Wonder where that leaves Javier, Battle, & potentially Morton.

Also the exodus soon begins.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
To further reinforce this point, the two deep from our game against Minnesota in 2018 was as follows:

Quinney 6-6 276lb
Ivemeyer 6-1 270lb

Braun 6-3 280lb
Clark 6-4 280lb

Cooper 6-3 305lb
Lee 6-2 287lb

Hansen 6-2 310lb
Morgan 6-4 288lb

Marshall 6-4 282lb
Bryan 6-4 285lb

Ivemeyer is the smallest, and at 6'1 and 270lb, he is the "average" height given and 10lbs heavier than the "average" weight.

Collins went to Western Carolina, his math may not be quite Tech standards. I think it was just hyperbole to make his point.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Well, back to recruiting …

A real good class overall. We'll have to wait until February to see the final shape of things, but even if we crap out on other targets, this is what I was hoping for: a class about like the ones VT has had for the last three years. So what stands out?

• Sims. This is the third year in a row that Tech has recruited a 4 star, national ranked duel-threat QB. And two of them - Graham and Sims - were signing day flips. We must be living right. And another thing: Look at Gleason's film. Not his senior film, but the junior film. Go ahead, I'll still be here. Look like a "pro-style" QB to you? Me either. I compared him to Alex Smith when he committed and see no reason to back off from that. So why is he a "pro-style" QB? He's 6'3". It seems to me that the services simply won't call a QB who is over 6'3" a dual threat. QB looks like it is in very good shape for the near future. Spring should be very interesting at this position.

* Emmanuel Johnson. I know everybody here was all hyped up about Wriggles, but I always liked EJ (have to distinguish him) better. Of all the "SDE" types we recruited, he looked like the one most likely to move inside and do some damage. I'm glad he was willing to give us another look and sign with Tech; a red-shirt year and he should play in the 285 - 295 range. DLs are always something of a crap shoot, but he certainly looks promising to me.

• Rankins is listed at 295. That could be the usual "look how big our OL is" crud from his high school, but if that's a true weight, I expect him to get some playing time next season.

Well, now we wait until February and hope we can hold on to what we've got.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Collins went to Western Carolina, his math may not be quite Tech standards. I think it was just hyperbole to make his point.
That's not hyperbole, that's being intentionally deceptive. Hyperbole would be saying they average a buck ten soaking wet- its obviously an untrue statement that no one would take as fact. Saying they are 6'1 and 260, while very surprising, is not outside the realm of believably true, especially with the large number of our "fans" who live a woe is me, Georgia Tech sucks at everything life. People in this very thread took that comment at face value, and Collins knows people will.

Milwaukee

Banned
That's not hyperbole, that's being intentionally deceptive. Hyperbole would be saying they average a buck ten soaking wet- its obviously an untrue statement that no one would take as fact. Saying they are 6'1 and 260, while very surprising, is not outside the realm of believably true, especially with the large number of our "fans" who live a woe is me, Georgia Tech sucks at everything life. People in this very thread took that comment at face value, and Collins knows people will.

C35B5ACC-3FA0-4E12-BA5C-10C123A65638.gif

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck

C2B294B2-75B3-49CA-90D1-DB5223815D05.jpeg

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Augusta too and they reminded you of it in every post.

I am pretty sure you will never find a post where I said it couldn't be done. My assertion has always been, and will continue to be, that recruiting will have to improve, even beyond what we are doing now, if we want to compete with Clemson and uga, which to my understanding, is the goal. My statement was we will need to start cracking the top 15-20 yearly to have a shot at it. I will stand by that assertion. CGC has done a great job this year on the recruiting trail and I have not been shy about giving him credit for it. It's why I have called for him to get 4 years minimum to get his recruiting classes in before we fully judge him. What I don't abide is the senseless insulting of CPJ that so many posters like yourself constantly engage in. But you do you.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Sure if you average in a bunch of guys who weren't playing it's true.

Why wouldnt you add those guys in? Guys like Lay and 6ft Chet Lagod played. He didn’t say starting Ol. He said Ol

To further reinforce this point, the two deep from our game against Minnesota in 2018 was as follows:

Quinney 6-6 276lb
Ivemeyer 6-1 270lb

Braun 6-3 280lb
Clark 6-4 280lb

Cooper 6-3 305lb
Lee 6-2 287lb

Hansen 6-2 310lb
Morgan 6-4 288lb

Marshall 6-4 282lb
Bryan 6-4 285lb

Ivemeyer is the smallest, and at 6'1 and 270lb, he is the "average" height given and 10lbs heavier than the "average" weight.

Why Braun and Marshall included in this as they were no longer a part of the team?

add in a Chet Lagod, Cheyenne Hunt, Lucas Patelles and William Lay into your equation

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
collins isnt a liar

well, he did say on the acc preseason show that when he was growing up, Tech was going to a bowl game every year. So I researched that. I took the period of time from when he was 7, about the time young boys start getting involved in following teams, maybe a year into it, (I started at 4, but I was advanced for my age) until he was 18. That's a fair amount of time for the growing up years.
I looked up Tech's record during that time.
We went to a bowl game. Not a bowl game every year. A bowl game. During that entire stretch. I also compiled Tech's record for that time. It is, suffice to say, ghastly.
Is he a liar? Eh, probably not. Does he take liberties with the truth?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Jesus H people. We just signed the best recruiting class since 2007...a class many of our own fans adamantly argued for a decade that GT couldn't sign in this day and age of APR (or whatever excuses they could think of). So now we're moving on to parsing everything our coaches are saying to call out hyperbole?

Come on people! We just signed THREE four star offensive recruits. Five overall four star recruits...one of them being a FOUR star 6'6 pass rusher!! We have 2-3 other 4 star recruits that could sign with us in the February signing period. We have a former 4 star offensive linemen who played a LOT of games in the SEC transferring in.

You ungrateful heathens should be stoked! Instead we have people devoting 2 pages talking about the dumbest sh!t.

GT can't have nice things...