My first post: Crootin'

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
He doesn't really have to show that improvement. Everyone understands that he is elevating recruiting to a new level, and he has shown good results so far. If you constantly feel that you have to prove that with very specific numbers about weight changes then its pretty obvious that you are insecure about something.

He is not speaking to you, or me. He is speaking to the kids he is recruiting. Maybe you are the insecure one when you criticize him for not speaking your language?

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
He doesn't really have to show that improvement. Everyone understands that he is elevating recruiting to a new level, and he has shown good results so far. If you constantly feel that you have to prove that with very specific numbers about weight changes then its pretty obvious that you are insecure about something.

Just because everyone (may) understands doesn't mean he shouldn't say it. He is SELLING the program. Doing that requires more than just assuming everyone knows what's going on. Consistently telling people through any medium necessary is impactful. Listen to what the recruits are saying. They are essentially quoting Collins in interviews after visits. He is also speaking to 14-18 year olds almost every time he talks. Kids have a short attention span. Continuously bringing up the big transition and the transformation that has already happened keeps it fresh in their minds (this is a good thing). I don't understand why people don't understand this.

I think your premise is wrong anyways. I think people that follow GT closely know what is going on. Outside of that small percentage, nobody in the college football landscape cared one bit what happened at GT the last few years. They knew we ran a different offense than everyone else. Other than that, we weren't relevant at all. Collins is changing the perception and relevance of our program. That's just one part of his overall plan. He is building a brand and selling the program. You may not like it, but it's good for us. Bringing up asinine things like the "actual" size of our OL when he got here (as if you or anyone on here knows what the truth is anyways) does absolutely nothing to further the program. It actually does the opposite.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Boy you guys are a touchy bunch. It's laughable the lengths you go to to defend what is essentially a stupid statement. Just because some of us, like me, call it out as being dumb doesn't mean that we hate everything he's doing. Or that the statement was even really important. Statements not directed at quote.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
I really like this recruiting class, it going to be the class that helps GT win a national title.

But, I think that every year for the past 20 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
He is not speaking to you, or me. He is speaking to the kids he is recruiting. Maybe you are the insecure one when you criticize him for not speaking your language?

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
That’s nonsense, but even if you believe it’s true you kinda have to acknowledge that interviews and press conferences are viewed by non recruits dont you? Therefore someone else may comment on something he said and it may be discussed. He doesn’t get a pass on everything he says the rest of his career because he is supposedly speaking super secret recruit language all of the time that none of us could ever understand.