Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
So show me one of them that said it would be CPJs fault for 7 years. I'm pretty sure I never read that one.
I absolutely hate that kind of response. If you don’t believe me then go look at past threads over the last three years. I don’t have time to wade through hundreds of years old posts but perhaps you do.

Otherwise accept the fact that I am not making this up. 7 years “to get over CPJ” was a post I saw more than once back in 2019 or 2020.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It’s not about emotions like “hate”. I agree. I don’t “hate” Geoff, although anyone that reads my posts back to 2019 would understand that his personality is not something I am fond of. With that said, I was still hoping against my own experience & intellect that maybe this guy was going to be different than rah, rah guys I had experienced previously. Maybe he would be a great coach and marketeer, but I did have serious doubts. Those doubts changed to proof. If I believed his approach would actually change, maybe Hope would return, but he is who he is. He is a friend to the players more than a tough hard-nosed leader of young men, in my opinion. I think we could get to 5-6 wins next year in spite of his coaching acumen, but I sure hope that isn’t the definition of success for him.
He has limited hc experience, money for SR Expierenced staff, plus other school prior player limitations.
While he has been a super hard working and loves the players like a mother, he does not see the forrest for the million little things. He has continues to spend time on fluff that wouhld be great if we had depth, competent game plan, etc. This year he had the annoucers announce each position group onto field so people could applaude them. Like your mom he wants to cheer his players up. Absolutly think he has great ideas.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Sorry finger slip...
PS Jim Harbaugh was an eyelash from being fired and now is being discussed for an NFL head coaching job?!...keeps things interesting...

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I absolutely hate that kind of response. If you don’t believe me then go look at past threads over the last three years. I don’t have time to wade through hundreds of years old posts but perhaps you do.

Otherwise accept the fact that I am not making this up. 7 years “to get over CPJ” was a post I saw more than once back in 2019 or 2020.

Like a lot of things related to Collins, you're being disingenuous with this.

It wasn't "7 years to get over Johnson". It was the reason Collins got a 7 year contract instead of a traditional 5 year contract was because of having to deal with the transition.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Like a lot of things related to Collins, you're being disingenuous with this.

It wasn't "7 years to get over Johnson". It was the reason Collins got a 7 year contract instead of a traditional 5 year contract was because of having to deal with the transition.
We give presidents only four years and they don't make near the money.

SowegaSting

Jolly Good Fellow
I understand that thinking after 48 years of marriage I thought about getting rid of my wife but the cost was overwhelming and heII I'm 70 so I can't have that many more years. Eatting out is fine. But after 48 years one would think she could cook something I could eat. Thank goodness for beer.
I so want to meet your wife. She must be a Saint.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

And I hate your kind of accusation. I have been reading these boards diligently for a long time, and have NEVER ONCE seen that statement. I frankly, think you are vastly misinterpreting what someone said.

I normally agree with what you post, but you seem so blinded in this area that you are resorting to flinging accusations that really aren't true.