Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Here's just one of them, cut and pasted directly from this thread just a few pages back:

"We were successful before Johnson and we will be successful once we get a few more years away from his offense."

It's been three years already, so add "a few more years" to that and we're just about to 7. Doesn't appear to be tongue-in-cheek, either.
You sincerely believe we should be over any impact of coming out of the 3O in year 3?

And by the way, hiring a guy like Collins was a result of coming out of the the option.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Great read on his offense as well.

“I would say that what we do is very systematic like the triple option,” Ruggiero said. Yep let’s be like Wake Boaty!
I agree. Wake sounds great. Running that offense doesn’t repel recruits. Sensational. If Johnson would have been able to adapt his offense in a similar fashion we wouldn’t be in the position we are in.

You guys don’t care about the perception of that offense. I get it. Unfortunately recruits did. And our talent was severely lacking at the end of Johnson’s tenure here due to it. It was only due to the brilliance of Johnson as a coach that were remotely competitive his last 3 years.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
You sincerely believe we should be over any impact of coming out of the 3O in year 3?

And by the way, hiring a guy like Collins was a result of coming out of the the option.
So, just so I understand - you're not only saying it will take "a few more years" to transition, you're also blaming Paul for TStan hiring Collins?

This will be easier if you tell us what you don't blame Paul for.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I agree. Wake sounds great. Running that offense doesn’t repel recruits. Sensational. If Johnson would have been able to adapt his offense in a similar fashion we wouldn’t be in the position we are in.

You guys don’t care about the perception of that offense. I get it. Unfortunately recruits did. And our talent was severely lacking at the end of Johnson’s tenure here due to it. It was only due to the brilliance of Johnson as a coach that were remotely competitive his last 3 years.
Wake has the 69th ranked class lol

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck

Oh Ffs

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
I could have gone 10-3 with that team.
I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
*better results is also not going 3-9 for 3 straight years.
Yes, I think it was only 2 years for Clawson, but then he didn't have a covid year in his first three years. The good news is that it took him only eight years to have a season like 2021.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Yes, I think it was only 2 years for Clawson, but then he didn't have a covid year in his first three years. The good news is that it took him only eight years to have a season like 2021.

Here’s the deal the COVID year holds no water. EVERY TEAM DEALT WITH COVID. In fact the ACC and SEC were the most laxed with their seasons. The PAC 12 and Big Ten didn’t even play half a season.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Here’s the deal the COVID year holds no water. EVERY TEAM DEALT WITH COVID. In fact the ACC and SEC were the most laxed with their seasons. The PAC 12 and Big Ten didn’t even play half a season.
Yes, there's a reason no reasonable entity counts that as a real year.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
That team only had 8 total returning starters from a team that went 7-6. Also had walk on Sean Bedford starting on the o line
Actually the 2008 team had Nesbitt, Dwyer, Jones, Thomas, Gardner, Morgan, Johnson, Richards, Walker, Burnett, and many other great players. I actually believe I could have gone 11-2 with that team.

The question is, why the hell did we let Gailey go?

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Actually the 2008 team had Nesbitt, Dwyer, Jones, Thomas, Gardner, Morgan, Johnson, Richards, Walker, Burnett, and many other great players. I actually believe I could have gone 11-2 with that team.

The question is, why the hell did we let Gailey go?
Nesbit, Dwyer, jones, Morgan, Thomas and Burnett were all sophomores. None started as freshman. So please read again. Returning starters