Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks. Actually, I really enjoyed the CPJ years with the 3O, though I never want it back. Basically, I just really enjoy POing the anti-CGC posters.

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't think anyone disputes the fact that Collins can recruit. And if he could coach, he'd be dangerous.
I won't concede that point. We will find out if he can recruit when his players are juniors or seniors. Can he recruit 4 star recruits? Maybe, but that does not mean they will be star players at GT in 3 or 4 years.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Two things:
1. Kennesaw State 11-2
2. Beamer did not follow a 3O coach

Two things:
1. Given how the season went, CGC was lucky to have KSU with third string QB with little experience early in the season.
2. You basically admitted to being a troll, see below:

Thanks. Actually, I really enjoyed the CPJ years with the 3O, though I never want it back. Basically, I just really enjoy POing the anti-CGC posters.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
I mean. I Keep seeing this argument about how we had to move on from the 3O and how much it hurt us. Yet our own head coach came out and said he needs to focus more on football and less about off the field stuff. After year 3. No comment about how that has any impact? It’s all the 3O? I thought it was time we moved on. But to act like the only reason we are at 3 wins a year after 3 years is the old offense is silly.

Lots of development top to bottom necessary. I thought I was done with this thread. But it feels like driving by a bad car accident.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Apologies - FBS team with a winning record. And Beamer took over a dumpster fire of a program. Just shows it possible not to stink with a new coach In his first year (or 2nd or 3rd). Still pathetic.

Beamer, however, took over a program stacked with talent. Since 2016, SC has only two years (per Rivals) of recruiting outside the top 20. 26th in 2016, and 79th in 2021, where following the coaching change, they only signed 13 players. So far this year they are 21st.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I mean. I Keep seeing this argument about how we had to move on from the 3O and how much it hurt us. Yet our own head coach came out and said he needs to focus more on football and less about off the field stuff. After year 3. No comment about how that has any impact? It’s all the 3O? I thought it was time we moved on. But to act like the only reason we are at 3 wins a year after 3 years is the old offense is silly.

Lots of development top to bottom necessary. I thought I was done with this thread. But it feels like driving by a bad car accident.
Well, this wreck's going into the shop and if it can't be fixed next year it's on to the junkyard.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
Beamer, however, took over a program stacked with talent. Since 2016, SC has only two years (per Rivals) of recruiting outside the top 20. 26th in 2016, and 79th in 2021, where following the coaching change, they only signed 13 players. So far this year they are 21st.
Kind of reinforces the point that you can win with talent and you can lose with talent. The difference often is coaching. Not always the case but I think we have enough empirical evidence to see where the problem lies.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I won't concede that point. We will find out if he can recruit when his players are juniors or seniors. Can he recruit 4 star recruits? Maybe, but that does not mean they will be star players at GT in 3 or 4 years.
I think that’s where I have settled in my mind with regard to the whole star ranking thing. If they don’t perform on the field then the higher star ranking was in error. Stars are supposed to be predictive of success at the college level.

CPJ recruits were frequently underrated if the litmus test is how well someone competes at the college level. Unless you are recruiting top 10 classes on a regular basis you can’t afford to have too many players who are a bust at the college level -if you want to compete in your conference and go to bowls.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Kind of reinforces the point that you can win with talent and you can lose with talent. The difference often is coaching. Not always the case but I think we have enough empirical evidence to see where the problem lies.
Hmm, I was thinking we had enough empirical evidence it was lack of inherited talent. Guess it just depends on who is analyzing the empirical evidence. We will know this time next year.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know if anyone else feels this way but to me it feels like every time I’m ready to try to begin to commence to get ready to look for signs of hope with the current coaching staff someone denigrates the record of the previous coach and runs down the flex bone formation. And then suddenly I am very unhappy again with winning just three games, not beating a team with a winning record and losing to FCS teams.

I swear a little graciousness toward the former coach would go a long way toward healing our current malaise.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Hmm, I was thinking we had enough empirical evidence it was lack of inherited talent. Guess it just depends on who is analyzing the empirical evidence. We will know this time next year.
Of the transfers and recruits Collins signed how many started on the defensive side of the ball? I can’t think of a single “impact” transfer or recruit that was unable to beat out the all of that “lack of inherited talent.” (Outside of Gibbs) Hmm

Last edited: