Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Air force and Army beat Louisville and Missouri respectively ; Wow I thought they had figured out all of this option garbage Go Monken
Coming out of the triple option has led to the worst 3 year stretch of GT football in you tell me how long.

Never going back to that offense. Thank god.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
If only our triple option coach hadn't quit.
Some people act like act Like Johnson’s record wasn’t almost identical to Gailey’s. Who ran the most basic offense one could imagine. Basic pro style or 3O, we were basically the same over the duration. The basic set is up for success with next coach, the 3O was devestating for the next coach. Gailey was better for GT football than Johnson

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Look I don't want to go back but to blame the last 3 years on it may not be taking all into account I'll leave it at that.
Coming out of the 3O undoubtedly had a negative impact in the last 3 years. There is just no way to spin it otherwise.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Coming out of the 3O undoubtedly had a negative impact in the last 3 years. There is just no way to spin it otherwise.
And without a unique O (can be different than 3O) and ingenious coaching staff, in today’s CF world, GT will still be having a “negative impact” for years to come. I am afraid if we ever get to 8 wins again, that might be the peak.

This is NOT the fault of the previous coaching staff. The transition decision both ways is the blame of the decision makers in the GTAA.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Few are doubting that. It was known there would be transition issues. The question is, how much impact did it have? I think you 3O haters are blowing it out of proportion. In year 3, we're still stuck on 3 wins. That's not on Paul Johnson's offense.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
And without a unique O (can be different than 3O) and ingenious coaching staff, in today’s CF world, GT will still be having a “negative impact” for years to come. I am afraid if we ever get to 8 wins again, that might be the peak.
This is ignoring the fact that Johnson had almost exactly the same winning percentage as his predecessor. Maybe the reason we suck now is because we chose to go with an option coach and not so much about the game changing.

By the way, Pitt just won the ACC running a very generic offense. They say hi

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Few are doubting that. It was known there would be transition issues. The question is, how much impact did it have? I think you 3O haters are blowing it out of proportion. In year 3, we're still stuck on 3 wins. That's not on Paul Johnson's offense.
Agree with this. No reason for 3 wins this year.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
This is ignoring the fact that Johnson had almost exactly the same winning percentage as his predecessor. Maybe the reason we suck now is because we chose to go with an option coach and not so much about the game changing.

I added something to original post stating that the transition issues were caused by decision makers, not the previous coaches. We better be willing to be different, or we will be insignificant for a long, long time, in my opinion.

Eli

Helluva Engineer

We ran a ton of option under Fridgen. We were multiple but our offense was far from a pro style offense. Maybe you guys should revisit the 90s.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
I added something to original post stating that the transition issues were caused by decision makers, not the previous coaches. We better be willing to be different, or we will be insignificant for a long, long time, in my opinion.
I simply completely disagree with this premise.

Pitt won the ACC this year.

Wake finished second.

Baylor won the Big 12.

Utah won the PAC 12.

None of the schools listed above us have the recruiting ceiling we do.