Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
You should let it go. Snarky comments aren't really helpful for moving forward as a team. Besides, I'm pretty sure CGC isn't "coaching" the RB group, so your comment just makes you look petty.
Collins is the head coach and is responsible for the success or failure of the team. You know that. Collins record speaks for itself. Gibbs wants to go to a winning program. Saban is a winner. Collins is not.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Collins is the head coach and is responsible for the success or failure of the team. You know that. Collins record speaks for itself. Gibbs wants to go to a winning program. Saban is a winner. Collins is not.
You talked about coaching. Success on the field and coaching aren’t the same thing.

Let’s be real. We all know your comment was a drive-by at CGC. To me it was a little low rent, but, hey, that’s just me. I expect more from Tech fans.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
You talked about coaching. Success on the field and coaching aren’t the same thing.

Let’s be real. We all know your comment was a drive-by at CGC. To me it was a little low rent, but, hey, that’s just me. I expect more from Tech fans.
If you're a head coach that is competent then it will show on the field. Collins has a 9-25 record in his three seasons here. I expect more from a Tech coach. Not surprising that Gibbs would transfer to Bama.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If you're a head coach that is competent then it will show on the field. Collins has a 9-25 record in his three seasons here. I expect more from a Tech coach. Not surprising that Gibbs would transfer to Bama.
Again, you’re just being salty and moving the goalposts. You said he went to be taught by a real coach. That’s been shown to either be a lie (if you agree that CTC was a good coach) or you’re just looking to be snarky because you don’t like CGC. Either way, it just shows you to be petty. Let go of the hate; it doesn’t do our program any good for “fans” to continually denigrate the coaching staff. They’ll either turn things around or they’ll be gone. Support the program you profess to love and stop being an obstacle.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
they did against WF and gave up 60 + points
Let;'s look at the Armed Forces Bowl, shall we? Woody made adjustments to Army's D at the half that changed a 17 - 7 deficit into a 22 - 24 win at the end the game. I.e. Missouri scored 17 points in the first half and 5 (as in five) in the second. Add in scoring 17 points on O in the second half and you have the definition of coaching winning a game against a more talented opponent. And there was no question that the Tigers were the more talented. unit. I might also add that Army lost their starting QB early in the third quarter and still scored an additional 17 points.

If I had seen anything like such a defensive performance by a Tech team in the last three years, I'd be quite willing to say our coaching was on the right track. No such luck. Not retaining Woody was a very serious mistake.

Last edited:

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Again, you’re just being salty and moving the goalposts. You said he went to be taught by a real coach. That’s been shown to either be a lie (if you agree that CTC was a good coach) or you’re just looking to be snarky because you don’t like CGC. Either way, it just shows you to be petty. Let go of the hate; it doesn’t do our program any good for “fans” to continually denigrate the coaching staff. They’ll either turn things around or they’ll be gone. Support the program you profess to love and stop being an obstacle.

When you've won 9 games in three years and looked mostly inept in doing so, the coaching staff is open to just about any legitimate criticism that anyone wants to place on it. I don't think Gibbs has stated exactly why he left, but I'm sure TC was most likely a good or better coach. Collins may be the best coach in the world, but his record and his statement that he needs to focus more on football shows that he has either realized or been told to realize that what was going on wasn't working. I don't blame anyone for being frustrated with 9 wins in three years; players, fans or coaches. Trying to tell people who are frustrated not to vent it on a fan message board is a futile effort. While it may be bad for recruiting, season ticket sales and most anything else related to the program, fans have a right to vent on a message board about a program that has been dragged down to depths it has never been and particularly when the head coach was selling things that have not been realized. The fact that he had to say that he now must focus on football rather than culture is one of the most damning things I've ever heard from a college football coach.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
When you've won 9 games in three years and looked mostly inept in doing so, the coaching staff is open to just about any legitimate criticism that anyone wants to place on it. I don't think Gibbs has stated exactly why he left, but I'm sure TC was most likely a good or better coach. Collins may be the best coach in the world, but his record and his statement that he needs to focus more on football shows that he has either realized or been told to realize that what was going on wasn't working. I don't blame anyone for being frustrated with 9 wins in three years; players, fans or coaches. Trying to tell people who are frustrated not to vent it on a fan message board is a futile effort. While it may be bad for recruiting, season ticket sales and most anything else related to the program, fans have a right to vent on a message board about a program that has been dragged down to depths it has never been and particularly when the head coach was selling things that have not been realized. The fact that he had to say that he now must focus on football rather than culture is one of the most damning things I've ever heard from a college football coach
This isn't venting frustration, it's taking a swipe at the head coach, which at this point is unnecessary and probably not appropriate. Read the whole exchange. If you don't agree with me, I've got nothing else to say to you about it. And that's fine.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
This isn't venting frustration, it's taking a swipe at the head coach, which at this point is unnecessary and probably not appropriate. Read the whole exchange. If you don't agree with me, I've got nothing else to say to you about it. And that's fine.
Are you serious? The guy gets paid millions to coach college football but “taking a swipe” at him is inappropriate? I do not feel sorry for him one bit. There are people making 50k a year who can endure more criticism

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Are you serious? The guy gets paid millions to coach college football but “taking a swipe” at him is inappropriate? I do not feel sorry for him one bit. There are people making 50k a year who can endure more criticism
Once again, people pop in and comment without understanding what the conversation is really about. If you're not reading and following the whole thread (original thread, i.e. Gibbs thread), then you probably shouldn't comment on a post that you're probably taking out of context. Unfortunately, overzealous moderators have moved this discussion from the Gibbs thread to this thread so any of you reading this for the first time in this thread (which I have ignored so I don't have to see it, thanks overzealous moderators) have no idea what the whole premise of the post was, so please refrain from commenting.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
He is here. He has more time. Where does whining get us? Are people so insecure that they want to be able to say “I told you so.”????? I think it would be more fun to say: Wow! I didn’t see that coming!
If they whine here, its great.
They self identify so tstan can send them the in the money so we can hire a better coach.