Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
You think if he left now he would be up for another HC job?? I don't see it. Plus the money that is on the table would evaporate. For CGC, the smart play is to stay and fix it. Or get a buyout. He is not leaving here on his own accord though. Wouldn't make any sense.
His ego probably won't let him. He thinks he has the formula for success. His overall record will keep him from being hired by a big time program. Could always be a DC somewhere and he is a good recruiter.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
He is a decent recruiter. If he were an "elite" recruiter then we would be top 25 or better. We really don't know what another HC would do recruiting wise when not a 3O coach which is totally out of favor these days.
You could debate decent vs. elite recruiter. But in truth it makes no difference if you don't have the coaches and schemes to take advantage of the recruits you sign. Since he will be here year 4 (per TStan) and virtually all of the players will be Collins, excuses are completely used up (if they aren't already). Last gasp has to be changing out coordinators and see if people with better schemes and play calling can leverage the talent we do have. But my fear will be if we have failure next year, it will be you have to give the new coordinators time to succeed. Where is accountability from Collins (or TStan)?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
You think if he left now he would be up for another HC job?? I don't see it. Plus the money that is on the table would evaporate. For CGC, the smart play is to stay and fix it. Or get a buyout. He is not leaving here on his own accord though. Wouldn't make any sense.
Not exactly what I said. I was saying that he would have a better chance if he left now versus a losing season next year with all his people. Now, what that chance is now or later is anyone’s guess.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Let’s play. If TStan does stick with Collins through December 12, 2022, how many pages do you predict the Fire Geoff Collins thread will have by then?

There is a warning about personal attacks on coaches. Short of threating bodily injury, what could be a bigger personal attack than this one? This thread is detrimental to recruiting and the program. Is that the purpose of this board? The moderators should ban themselves for allowing it---and ban this thread.

Krowensby

Georgia Tech Fan
post game radio, brief interview w GC, he said he was meeting recruits tomorrow and then traveling next week recruiting. Some of you will not get your wish, I don’t think he’s leaving GT at this point.

But, the interviewer did not ask about the status of other staff.
I don't know if GT will fire Collins, but what recruit wants to come to a program that hasn't had a winning season in three years? There are a lot of colleges that have way better programs and are quality schools such as Wake Forest.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Not exactly what I said. I was saying that he would have a better chance if he left now versus a losing season next year with all his people. Now, what that chance is now or later is anyone’s guess.
How is three 3-9 seasons much different than four 3-9 seasons? Collins is damaged goods. He will not be a HC at P5 again.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
W

Wouldn't call it great but not too bad with Rhule's recruits and much easier schedule than we play. Maybe he should have stayed there.
And with the schedule we have next year includes GA, Ole Miss and UCF out of conference and obviously Clemson as cross-division opponent , it is difficult to see games we will be favored other than Duke and Western Carolina. Not because of the power of the ACC but the reality that we aren't an average team right now so wins against Va, Va. Tech, Pittsburgh, Miami, NC, and FSU look doubtful at this point.

CheCha54

Georgia Tech Fan
Many times an individual can have great success working in a good system. Often times that same person is not capable of creating a good/great system for others to work in. This is how I see Collins. I don't believe changing coordinators will have the impact we desire. Early on recruits, fans, and coaches can buy into the vision. Three years in, they now see reality. I think it's just as probable for the program to get worse as it is to get better.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I am trying to find bright spots right now because I can't allow depression to set in:

We won't be forced to play a bowl game in Yankee Stadium or Myrtle Beach in December. Thank God!
We get to watch the ACC championship game with friends and not be worried about the outcome. Go Wake!
We will not be asking all those what if questions wondering why we lost such a winnable game this weekend.

I am sure there are lots more...

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Many times an individual can have great success working in a good system. Often times that same person is not capable of creating a good/great system for others to work in. This is how I see Collins. I don't believe changing coordinators will have the impact we desire. Early on recruits, fans, and coaches can buy into the vision. Three years in they now see reality. I think it's just as possible for the program to get worse as to get better.
Unfortunately we know what will happen with if nothing changes.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Jolly Good Fellow
There is a warning about personal attacks on coaches. Short of threating bodily injury, what could be a bigger personal attack than this one? This thread is detrimental to recruiting and the program. Is that the purpose of this board? The moderators should ban themselves for allowing it---and ban this thread.
Buckle up, buttercup. You big, baby. You took control of the steering wheel for this ride we’re on. Own it.