Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
There is a warning about personal attacks on coaches. Short of threating bodily injury, what could be a bigger personal attack than this one? This thread is detrimental to recruiting and the program. Is that the purpose of this board? The moderators should ban themselves for allowing it---and ban this thread.
I don’t think this thread is the reason we are losing. Or the debacle on national TV.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Let's hope Thacker and Patenaude get canned before tomorrow. We desperately need new coordinators. I don't mind Collins, is he in over his head? Yes I think so, but I think he's a great recruiter which we need in my opinion. So I am hoping if we get a good OC and DC we can become a winning football team again we have too much talent being wasted.

American football is a strange sport in which the head coach really doesn't need to coach the game and gets to delegate everything to the coordinators and minions. And when you get fired, you still get paid millions to go fishing on Saturdays. Truly baffling.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
This thread like many others is strong frustration by the fan base on 3 lousy years. I think most people had realization the first year was gong to be a difficult transition from 3O to anything else (though a lot of people including me wished more emphasis on the run with the talent we had), second year some patience due to Covid but much tougher this year with continued lack of success and a 6 game losing streak with 4 of the games against teams we should have competed more effectively with. The huge blowouts and losses to Citadel and NIU just make it tougher. People will go more back to football talk and less to coaching attacks if we are more competitive and win our fair share of winnable games.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Well, I agree we willget someone at that price, if that is possible, but does that mean Key is gone as well? He only makes 600K. We won’t get a proven OC or DC that will risk their career, but maybe someone trying to either ressurect their career or get their first big break into P5. Still think highly unlikely to change the trajectory of this show. This is a head coach/leadership issue, in my opinion.
If CGC is smart he will throw some of his salary in to help move up few levels of coordinators. Plus it would improve the odds of him keeping his job as his contract winds down

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
There is a warning about personal attacks on coaches. Short of threating bodily injury, what could be a bigger personal attack than this one? This thread is detrimental to recruiting and the program. Is that the purpose of this board? The moderators should ban themselves for allowing it---and ban this thread.
Locking the thread has certainly been discussed. We want to allow civil discussion about what is right and wrong about GT sports. None of us want the board to open only to happy talk when happy talk isn't appropriate. But, there are limits.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Yeah, none of the recruits have watched our last 6 games. They’re probably unaware we’ve gotten shutout twice in a row & are 0-100 in those 2 games. They probably missed the NBC graphic that was all over the football blogs & text’d/emailed between fans, etc. The completely missed the deragatory comments about our Coordinators from the broadcasters. Yeah, if they didn’t come on here they wouldn’t know. If we’d just cancel this thread, there would be no record of anything. That’s how it works.