Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
There were a lot of things that needed fixing immediately after the NIU game. They weren't fixed in the next 11 games.
Yup, but this is telling me that then after the NIU game it was deeper than just stuff the coaches could correct. This tells me Collins knows he can't resolve mid season issues with these coordinators

You almost never see coordinator changes early in the season

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Yes, blood letting of underlings. But, honestly, who is he going to get that wants to tie their career to this train heading off the cliff?
My thoughts exactly. The whole college football world probably expects Collins to be gone after next season. What good coordinator would uproot his family to move to ATL for what is most likely one-year job?

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
It ain't the coaches. This ain't Clemson, Georgia, Alabama or any football factory. If we want to be successful we have to let the coach have some time or we're doomed to this cycle for ever.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Yup, but this is telling me that then after the NIU game it was deeper than just stuff the coaches could correct. This tells me Collins knows he can't resolve mid season issues with these coordinators

You almost never see coordinator changes early in the season
The method that the team substitutes should have been fixed immediately after the NIU game. The method that the team decides what play to run and gets that play communicated to the team should have been fixed immediately after the NIU game. If those issues were because of the coordinators all year, then they should not have remained coordinators after the second game. (Which we did win) Those were major issues last week in the eleventh game of the season. I don't care what it takes to fix, having those issues in a major college program is ridiculous. Not fixing those issues for a full season is beyond comprehension.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Tstan made a terrible and rushed hire with a stupid contract for an unproven head coach. As for new coordinators, who worth a damn is going to coach under Collins? Collins will need to be fired before this mess can be cleaned up. Then can we trust Tstan to make a good hire?! I’m not confident. Problem is the program will continue to deteriorate.

Last edited:

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
It ain't the coaches. This ain't Clemson, Georgia, Alabama or any football factory. If we want to be successful we have to let the coach have some time or we're doomed to this cycle for ever.
Respectfully, though - I saw some pretty incompetent clock and game management and 4th down calls and play calling (constant) over the course of the season. It speaks to Collins AND staff either not being ready for the position, or just bad coaches. Either way they shouldn't be in their positions.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Respectfully, though - I saw some pretty incompetent clock and game management and 4th down calls and play calling (constant) over the course of the season. It speaks to Collins AND staff either not being ready for the position, or just bad coaches. Either way they shouldn't be in their positions.
Pnode has had a lot of experience. He just isn't a top OC. Thacker is still very young and needs more mentoring. He wasn't ready.