Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
So he is supposed to put a staff together like Bama's when the entire Tech defensive staff likely doesn't make as much as Clemson's DC?
90 % of the posts in this thread are ignorance on display. Get enough dumb people together and they will convince themselves they are smart.

Tech fans just want to (female dog). If they would fund the program, like other teams' fans do, then they might have a right to complain. In the meantime, we probably are Vanderbilt, because as a private school they don't put money into athletics either.

I get it--I'm frustrated too. But the problem is twofold: 1) the lack of talent Johnson left behind; and 2) Collins hasn't been given the money to hire a top notch staff. Number 1 will be fixed in time--Collins can do that. Number 2 is up to the fans. So quit complaining and start donating.
i fundamentally don’t agree with item 1. He has added talent, but he does no have infinite time to show progress - and it ain‘t gonna be 7 years. It’s up to CGC how much time he can buy himself to show progress. right now he is emptying the hourglass pretty quickly. Money people will be fickle quickly with three x 3 win seasons.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
So he is supposed to put a staff together like Bama's when the entire Tech defensive staff likely doesn't make as much as Clemson's DC?
90 % of the posts in this thread are ignorance on display. Get enough dumb people together and they will convince themselves they are smart.

Tech fans just want to (female dog). If they would fund the program, like other teams' fans do, then they might have a right to complain. In the meantime, we probably are Vanderbilt, because as a private school they don't put money into athletics either.

I get it--I'm frustrated too. But the problem is twofold: 1) the lack of talent Johnson left behind; and 2) Collins hasn't been given the money to hire a top notch staff. Number 1 will be fixed in time--Collins can do that. Number 2 is up to the fans. So quit complaining and start donating.
I can’t agree with this. Tech fans DO donate. But our illustrious AA has put us deeply in debt. Without that, we could fund the program. Do you reward decades of malfeasance? The AA have not been great stewards.

yjack

Jolly Good Fellow
Just an observation or two . . .

Jeff Scott is paid about 1.8 Mill annually. USF was just got hit with 3 years probation. Scott likely wouldn't be worse than Collins and could have a higher upside. If nothing else, could save a Mill or so if things could somehow work out. Just thinking out loud on a crazy Saturday.

MACHETE

Georgia Tech Fan
al-davis-just-win-baby.jpg

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
74 players are classified as "Covid Freshmen" (RS Soph or younger) with 13 seniors. Yeah, we're young.
Aitting row 16 w binoculars and watching the vt ol maul our 3 dl front was painful to watch. We are to small in middle to play 3 3 5. The lb are also small.

The guys on the sideline are also small. Going to be a tough 2 years.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Just an observation or two . . .

Jeff Scott is paid about 1.8 Mill annually. USF was just got hit with 3 years probation. Scott likely wouldn't be worse than Collins and could have a higher upside. If nothing else, could save a Mill or so if things could somehow work out. Just thinking out loud on a crazy Saturday.
Before the game Tstan said he wants to let the plan play out. Probaly make decision on coordinators and get serious w searching.

Tundeballer

Jolly Good Fellow
When we win, the CGC faction gets excited about the direction of the program. When we lose the CGC detractors are ready to fire him. Can we be less Jekyll and Hyde?

The coaching is not good, but Collins was brought in to improve the talent and he’s done just that and continues to do that when you look at our 22 and 23 class. High end 3 star corner committed to us just this week and it looks like we declined his commitment. Let’s see where we are next year hopefully with some new additions to the coaching staff.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
When we win, the CGC faction gets excited about the direction of the program. When we lose the CGC detractors are ready to fire him. Can we be less Jekyll and Hyde?

The coaching is not good, but Collins was brought in to improve the talent and he’s done just that and continues to do that when you look at our 22 and 23 class. High end 3 star corner committed to us just this week and it looks like we declined his commitment. Let’s see where we are next year hopefully with some new additions to the coaching staff.
I hope we can keep our commits and not lose key talent to the portal. CGC will need tremendous talent to win most weeks.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I really do feel bad for Collins. I just don't think it's a good fit right now. I can see him being successful at a factory where they can hire better coordinators and other resources in general. Maybe if he lasts here long enough, the big money donors who brought him here will pony up factory money.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
I really do feel bad for Collins. I just don't think it's a good fit right now. I can see him being successful at a factory where they can hire better coordinators and other resources in general. Maybe if he lasts here long enough, the big money donors who brought him here will pony up factory money.
I agree with this except the last part. From year 1 he has looked like the car chasing dog who catches one. He looks lost and has for a while. When he says he knows exactly where the program is, he doesn’t. We know (or should know) where this is going to end. It’s the timing that’s in question.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
But the problem is twofold: 1) the lack of talent Johnson left behind; and 2) Collins hasn't been given the money to hire a top notch staff. Number 1 will be fixed in time--Collins can do that. Number 2 is up to the fans. So quit complaining and start donating.
How many players on the roster were recruited by Johnson?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I don't feel bad for CGC he makes 2 m I feel sorry for people like me who buy season tickets and have no hope to see us get better.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I don't feel bad for CGC he makes 2 m I feel sorry for people like me who buy season tickets and have no hope to see us get better.
And I get that and respect that as well. I'm sure CGC knows this kind of sentiment from us fans comes with the territory when things are not going well.