Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
No, nothing about Long's career trajectory says he is a HC candidate right now. I have no idea where this idea came from, other than people are desperately trying to recreate the Lewis-O'Leary scenario. In the scenario people are describing, Key would be far more likely for that spot

Personally, I think Collins will be the coach all of next year and if it's a losing season, they are all gone and we start fresh.
It's better to have somebody who went 0-12 than 0-0?

I don't know whether Long is ready for the promotion, but no way do I want Key taking over. In fact, I'd like to see him gone with Collins.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
A lot of posters on this board sure throw around a lot of suggestions on what to do with someone else's money. Sorta like politicians. The guys with big bucks didn't get it by being stupid with it.
It's their money, but it's OUR football team.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
It's better to have somebody who went 0-12 than 0-0?

I don't know whether Long is ready for the promotion, but no way do I want Key taking over. In fact, I'd like to see him gone with Collins.

I am just saying what I think is more likely. Key is already Assistant Head Coach and he was instrumental in putting this new look staff together. He is connected and respected and has ambitions to be a head coach. So if Collins' replacement is on the current staff, it's him.

But like I said, I think if this year doesn't work out, it's a whole new staff.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I am just saying what I think is more likely. Key is already Assistant Head Coach and he was instrumental in putting this new look staff together. He is connected and respected and has ambitions to be a head coach. So if Collins' replacement is on the current staff, it's him.

Heaven forbid. Maybe interim after the bye week, but not HC. Kettle to fire.

JacketFan137

Banned
Yeah, I think we’ve already established that Tech football has been really stupid with its money.
football at the college and pro level has definitely shown to have people making big decisions that are absolutely clueless. it doesn’t take a sharp football mind to realize some of the retread coaches across football aren’t good yet we’ll see schools linked with will muschamp and ted roof. pro teams will be linked with bozos like jason garrett and bill o brien and some team will continue to pay qb’s like teddy bridgewater, sam darnold, joe flacco etc.

i honestly can’t think of an industry that wastes more money on negative assets than football lol

JacketFan137

Banned
No, nothing about Long's career trajectory says he is a HC candidate right now. I have no idea where this idea came from, other than people are desperately trying to recreate the Lewis-O'Leary scenario. In the scenario people are describing, Key would be far more likely for that spot

Personally, I think Collins will be the coach all of next year and if it's a losing season, they are all gone and we start fresh.
the only thing i will say about this mindset is a lot of times football coaches aren’t a head coach candidate until they are. john harbaugh was a special teams coach and won a super bowl. sean mcvay was younger than some QBs in the league and after the interview the organization basically said there was no way they COULDN’T hire him after what he presented, now he’s a super bowl champ. at the college level i know dabo swinney was a WR coach and he’s a top 3 coach in college football and clemson was his first head coaching gig

i’m not saying long or key or whoever is truly built to be a head coach right now and really don’t have any strong feelings one way or the other but there have been plenty of coaches who were not on traditional coach trajectory that ended up being successful

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'm thinking we're gonna have a good year. Certainly better than most of y'all think.

Oh nevermind that guy in the corner ...

gay men take notes GIF

He's just takin' names for some 'told you so' and 'what now, b*tch' posts this fall. I might get bann'd but it'll be worth it.

JacketFan137

Banned
I'm thinking we're gonna have a good year. Certainly better than most of y'all think.

Oh nevermind that guy in the corner ...

gay men take notes GIF

He's just takin' names for some 'told you so' and 'what now, b*tch' posts this fall. I might get bann'd but it'll be worth it.
i know i have a earned the reputation of being a collins defender (which isn’t true) and saying things about how we’re not as bad as some people believe. if by some miracle we’re good i’ll be insufferable lol

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
i know i have a earned the reputation of being a collins defender (which isn’t true) and saying things about how we’re not as bad as some people believe. if by some miracle we’re good i’ll be insufferable lol

Bro, if we make it to .500, some-a these dudes gonna be thinking we're undefeated when I get done.

And don't ever apologize for being optimistic. All these negative Nelson's owe the rest of us an apology.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Bro, if we make it to .500, some-a these dudes gonna be thinking we're undefeated when I get done.

And don't ever apologize for being optimistic. All these negative Nelson's owe the rest of us an apology.
Somewhere in here we have a running guest list for a great big crow banquet. If we’re above .500 I’d like to book you now as guest speaker.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer

If Key or Long take over for Collins after next year then we might as well put up a banner saying we aren't even trying anymore.