Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
i just don’t know what you’re trying to say lol

your argument is absolutely ridiculous. maybe we just shouldn’t recruit since clearly it doesn’t matter. ignore the fact that those recruiting rankings don’t take into account transfers and potential walk ons.

the reality is recruiting is one of the biggest differentiators between the top and bottom of college football.

i would also add that your record argument was hilariously stupid because you’re ignoring multiple other years of recruiting by those same teams

obviously collins needs to coach better. no one can argue that, but he is a great recruiter and that recruiting combined with some decent coordinators could be big for tech
As I said, I tried to help you lol. Don't think it will help though.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
i just don’t know what you’re trying to say lol

your argument is absolutely ridiculous. maybe we just shouldn’t recruit since clearly it doesn’t matter. ignore the fact that those recruiting rankings don’t take into account transfers and potential walk ons.

the reality is recruiting is one of the biggest differentiators between the top and bottom of college football.

i would also add that your record argument was hilariously stupid because you’re ignoring multiple other years of recruiting by those same teams

obviously collins needs to coach better. no one can argue that, but he is a great recruiter and that recruiting combined with some decent coordinators could be big for tech
He has already posted the statistics to prove his point. Your post is simply an opinion not a fact

JacketFan137

Banned
He has already posted the statistics to prove his point. Your post is simply an opinion not a fact
those aren’t real statistics. for a gt forum you would think people would have a better understanding of how numbers can be manipulated lol

what i said is objectively a fact. teams that are consistently good recruit well year after year. i don’t know how that’s a controversial statement. y’all are absolutely lost lol

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
those aren’t real statistics. for a gt forum you would think people would have a better understanding of how numbers can be manipulated lol

what i said is objectively a fact. teams that are consistently good recruit well year after year. i don’t know how that’s a controversial statement. y’all are absolutely lost lol
😆😆😆😆😆

Eli

Helluva Engineer

So a record and a recruiting ranking aren’t real statistics? Wtf hahaha

Eli

Helluva Engineer

How about this. You go back 4 years form your stats and report back with “real statistics”

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
For the record, I never called it a statistic. It's just the 4 years prior to this season. That timeline for recruits is the op's suggested required time for classes to become effective. That would reflect on this year's football season.

It's actually quite simple, not sure how that other guy can't comprehend this.

JacketFan137

Banned
jesus man we have some uga fans on here or something.

his post had recruiting ranking in 2018 and then record in 2021. that ignores so many important variables that also go into college football.

1. Transfers in and out. some of those classes might be missing lots of players, some new players have joined.

2. players from the 2018 recruiting class could be draft eligible by the end of the 2020 season and some probably left.

3. covid granted an extra year of eligibility. 2016/2017 recruits that shouldn’t be in college are still in college this year

4. coaches have come and gone, schemes have changed. 3 years is a long time

so if he wants to make this argument he needs to do a lot more research than any one probably would care to do.

you guys are being unbelievably dense to argue with the broad statement that bringing in better players in recruiting is better for the program lol

i’m gonna choose to believe that you guys are just bored of being with family this holiday season and are arguing with strangers online just to give you something to do. otherwise it’s embarrassing how stupid this argument is haha

Pointer

Helluva Engineer

his post had recruiting ranking in 2018 and then record in 2021. that ignores so many important variables that also go into college football.

1. Transfers in and out. some of those classes might be missing lots of players, some new players have joined.

2. players from the 2018 recruiting class could be draft eligible by the end of the 2020 season and some probably left.

3. covid granted an extra year of eligibility. 2016/2017 recruits that shouldn’t be in college are still in college this year

so if he wants to make this argument he needs to do a lot more research than any one probably would care to do.

you guys are being unbelievably dense to argue with the broad statement that bringing in better players in recruiting is better for the program lol

i’m gonna choose to believe that you guys are just bored of being with family this holiday season and are arguing with strangers online just to give you something to do. otherwise it’s embarrassing how stupid this argument is haha
How do you feel about the theory of gravity?

Eli

Helluva Engineer

You’re right bro

Transfers
Ryan Johnson 4x
Myles Sims 4x
Clayton 5x
Allen 4x
Watson 4x
Ezzard 4x
Harris 4x

All transfers we’ve received in that time frame that would boost our average ranking higher. Guess what? 3-9

JacketFan137

Banned
You’re right bro

Transfers
Ryan Johnson 4x
Myles Sims 4x
Clayton 5x
Allen 4x
Watson 4x
Ezzard 4x

All transfers we’ve received in that time frame that would boost our average ranking higher. Guess what? 3-9
was referring about his previous post as a whole that included a lot of teams, not just us.

also yeah we did go 3-9 it sucks. i don’t know what you want me to say about that lol

im not defending collins. i just don’t get where this delusional stance that recruiting doesn’t matter has come from

Eli

Helluva Engineer
was referring about his previous post as a whole that included a lot of teams, not just us.

also yeah we did go 3-9 it sucks. i don’t know what you want me to say about that lol

im not defending collins. i just don’t get where this delusional stance that recruiting doesn’t matter has come from
He never said recruiting doesn’t matter. He said “recruiting outside of the top 15 is a crap shoot.” And I would tend to agree, with the thousands of high school athletes. Even with today’s technology it’s virtually impossible to rate every kid. I would say the same about the nfl draft. 4th round and beyond is a crap shoot.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
He never said recruiting doesn’t matter. He said “recruiting outside of the top 15 is a crap shoot.” And I would tend to agree with the thousands of high school athletes. Even with today’s technology it’s virtually impossible to rate every kid. I would say the same about the nfl draft. 4th round and beyond is a crap shoot.
Thank you. Exactly

JacketFan137

Banned
He never said recruiting doesn’t matter. He said “recruiting outside of the top 15 is a crap shoot.” And I would tend to agree with the thousands of high school athletes. Even with today’s technology it’s virtually impossible to rate every kid. I would say the same about the nfl draft. 4th round and beyond is a crap shoot.
it’s not really a crap shoot though. that’s just not true. while everyone loves to cite lower ranked players that ended up being great the fact is a lot of higher rated recruits end up being better.

i just think people hate collins so much it has jaded them into saying stupid things like recruiting doesn’t matter

Eli

Helluva Engineer
it’s not really a crap shoot though. that’s just not true. while everyone loves to cite lower ranked players that ended up being great the fact is a lot of higher rated recruits end up being better.

i just think people hate collins so much it has jaded them into saying stupid things like recruiting doesn’t matter
Okay let’s try this one then. How many teams have recruited outside the top 15 have made the playoffs? Maybe this will help you understand

Last edited:

JacketFan137

Banned
Okay let’s try this one then. How many teams that have recruited outside the top 15 have made the playoffs? Maybe this will help you understand
what are you even arguing at this point? we’re not making it into the playoff any time soon. this isn’t the standard that we should be shooting for

Eli

Helluva Engineer
what are you even arguing at this point? we’re not making it into the playoff any time soon. this isn’t the standard that we should be shooting for
So what standard are we shooting for? To recruit well and go 6-6? I’m not sure I even understand you at all. And my question was not a “When was the last time tech made the playoffs question was it?” I asked how many TEAMS have recruited outside the top 15 and made the playoffs? You want your outliers? Wake forest had an average recruiting ranking of 63 and Pitt 40 won the ACC. Which is the “crap shoot” pointer is referring to.

Last edited: