Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Time to close this CGC ain't going anywhere this year open it back up next year if we need it
But then what will we talk about all winter? Uniforms and debate the 3O and CPJ? Or a Next Gen modern version of the 3O after the CGC fiasco or maybe how CGC will complete the greatest transisiton in the history of all transistions and we win 7 games next year and go to the weedeater bow.

TheOldWhiteNGold

Georgia Tech Fan
FWIW, I’ve heard some rumors from big donors that there’s still a strong push to have TS and CGC fired, this is all being directed towards Cabrera who would ultimately have to green light it.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I am not sure what kind of buyout, if any, TStan has in his contract, but I doubt President Cabrera would green light a wholesale clean out with a lot of money being committed from outside the institute. Nor would it immediately change anything.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
FWIW, I’ve heard some rumors from big donors that there’s still a strong push to have TS and CGC fired, this is all being directed towards Cabrera who would ultimately have to green light it.

I hope Cabrera is not like other Presidents we've had for 50 years (mostly) and sees that athletics can be the front porch of the university and lead to higher numbers of applications, donations, etc., but I won't hold my breath.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think TStan would be gone as well. Yes he made at best a questionable hire with Collins (ok at this point lousy), but other sports have done well. Plus he is a GT man and has gotten some fairly good financial commitments. Before him, we had multiple ADs turnover using GT as a stepping stone. I am not sure I want to go back to those days. But clearly with Gibbs leaving, discussion on Collins has to be ramped up.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Being realistic (forgetting the buyout), you need 3-5MM for a head coach and a million each for OC and DC. Getting that money will not be easy. I realize if you go G5, you could spend less but more risk in that as well as pointed out by the Collins hire. But at this point, changes have to be made. I think TStan supporting Collins for another year could be the hill he dies on (if he realistically has money to buy Collins out).

GTjunkie

Jolly Good Fellow

Attachments

• 39E9B701-6720-48ED-99C3-EB6542CBA3E5.jpeg
    39E9B701-6720-48ED-99C3-EB6542CBA3E5.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 25

stech81

Helluva Engineer
But then what will we talk about all winter? Uniforms and debate the 3O and CPJ? Or a Next Gen modern version of the 3O after the CGC fiasco or maybe how CGC will complete the greatest transisiton in the history of all transistions and we win 7 games next year and go to the weedeater bow.
guess now with gibbs going we can keep it open