Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
he didnt play QB when he got to Tech, just later cuz everyone else died. so he could be stating that being an athlete and playing where needed he could succeed.
Well if our HC hadn’t started with a series of talking points about how he and his staff were going to bring their elite player development methods and recruiting to make things so much better than the guys who were here and won games, bowls, and championships…..

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Here's the scoop:

Meetings tomorrow. TStan and the money. TStan and Collins. Collins and the team.

Thacker, Burton and more (Patenude) are gone. Key might resign.

TStan is hitched to Collins. If Collins is canned next year, TSTAN goes with him.

The internal thinking is to upgrade the assistants and hold onto the recruiting class.

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
Here's the scoop:

Meetings tomorrow. TStan and the money. TStan and Collins. Collins and the team.

TStan is hitched to Collins. If Collins is canned next year, TSTAN goes with him.

The internal thinking is to upgrade the assistants and hold onto the recruiting class.
An OFFICIAL scoop....?

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
Here's the scoop:

This seems believable. We will see. I am hoping for more to be honest, but agree with point three - TStan is going to live or die with CGC

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Here's the scoop:

Thanks, V. I’m not happy with this decision cause the biggest issue stays, but I do like that TStan and his man are linked in the result. Just hard to believe TStan has such a low level of discernment.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I don’t have any bad things to say about TQM. He lead Georgia Tech to a lot of victories and he stepped into a pretty shallow situation in the QB room. Without him 2017 and 2018 are probably a lot uglier than what they ended up being. But if he seriously thinks he could play QB in any system other than the 3O he is insane.

He could definitely play in this system at his original position. Honestly, even at QB, I can’t see him doing dramatically worse than where we’re at anyway.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Here's the scoop:

That seems like the most logical solution.

Think about it, if Collins goes. We likely loose more recruits than if he stays .
Then we are at ground zero for real for at least another 2 years.

We have nothing else to lose by trying this approach except if the fans are willing to try this or if they are just flat out done with Collins no matter what

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
He could definitely play in this system at his original position. Honestly, even at QB, I can’t see him doing dramatically worse than where we’re at anyway.
As a RB you think TQM would be better than Gibbs or Mason? As a QB you think he’d be better than Sims or Yates? No chance. I understand former players are displeased with the program, but throwing out bogus claims overestimating their abilities isn’t going to help anything

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
As a RB you think TQM would be better than Gibbs or Mason? As a QB you think he’d be better than Sims or Yates? No chance. I understand former players are displeased with the program, but throwing out bogus claims overestimating their abilities isn’t going to help anything
as a slot wr, where he probably would be best, yeah, i think he could be as good as what is currently out there.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
TStan was offered the opportunity to distance himself from Collins, but declined. His fate is now in the hands of Collins.
I will never understand why he would do that.

But I respect the hell out of him. It's sad to watch someone in leadership who is really good, just tank.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Like I said, it’s almost like TStan wants out. Oh well.

In a sense, if you have others making the hiring/firing decisions for you, it really isn't a great job in the first place. I could see how a guy would want out of that. Not defending him or anything but it does make you wonder who is running the show there.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
In a sense, if you have others making the hiring/firing decisions for you, it really isn't a great job in the first place. I could see how a guy would want out of that. Not defending him or anything but it does make you wonder who is running the show there.
Whoever has the money has the power.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I will never understand why he would do that.

But I respect the hell out of him. It's sad to watch someone in leadership who is really good, just tank.
He's getting his career on Collins righting this. Super risky, if it works he's got job security for a while.
If it doesn't well, he goes down with him