Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Yeah Coach Owens!! Sit back and take it when the coach that follows you basically calls you high school coaches with powder puff players and then coaches like pee wee coaches!! Bite your tongue!! 😏😂🤣
Was he publicly vocal three years ago? Why now? CGC will either turn things around or get fired. If he turns things around, this will look petty. If he continues to crash and is fired, this is unnecessary. I am not trying to say that he has no cause to be against CGC, just that a public Twitter spat doesn't really doesn't accomplish anything.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Yeah Coach Owens!! Sit back and take it when the coach that follows you basically calls you high school coaches with powder puff players and then coaches like pee wee coaches!! Bite your tongue!! 😏😂🤣

Except none of that was said. And whatever. Those guys didn't, in fact, get D1 jobs and I don't need to hear from them just because they are bitter.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Why is firing someone in sports perceived as hard? Its a fraternity. They will all have jobs next year. It’s not like you are firing someone from a minimum wage job with no prospects. These guys all signed up for professional positions so losing a position is expected. It’s not like they are going to lose their house or not be able to put “food on the table”.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
All I'm saying is Vanderbilt people crucified Derek Mason last year on these type of boards but tonight at Auburn he held Alabama to 3 points for 59 minutes plus. He didn't just learn how to coach this year! Some places are easier to turn around than others.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
All I'm saying is Vanderbilt people crucified Derek Mason last year on these type of boards but tonight at Auburn he held Alabama to 3 points for 59 minutes plus. He didn't just learn how to coach this year! Some places are easier to turn around than others.
Be careful with Mason. He’s seen here as a weak DC and one of the reasons Auburn has collapsed in the last 4 games. Tonight was a good game for him though.

techster26

Georgia Tech Fan
Why can't we talk about Coach Shawn Elliott? This man is taking GSU to bowl games every year and we have this guy with smediums talking about money downs, 404 takeovers, etc. Just look across the street and give their staff a 100% raise and win again? Seems easy to me.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Was Derek Mason able to get substitutions onto the field? Was Derek Mason able to get play/coverage calls to the team before the play clock expired or the other offense snapped the ball. There are very legitimate concerns about this coaching staff that are purely on the staff can cannot be passed off to the administration or a lack of athletes. I will ask you a legitimate question: Can a coaching staff that can't get an offensive substitution and play call in to the offense before the play clock expires on two plays in a three play sequence actually build a quality program? That sequence happened in the 11th game of the 3rd year. It really raises concerns to me whether the staff has a clue what they are doing, not just with year three of a rebuild, but with basic operations that high school teams regularly do better.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Was he publicly vocal three years ago? Why now? CGC will either turn things around or get fired. If he turns things around, this will look petty. If he continues to crash and is fired, this is unnecessary. I am not trying to say that he has no cause to be against CGC, just that a public Twitter spat doesn't really doesn't accomplish anything.

True, but Collins threw a ton of shade at the prior regime, so they should have the right to throw a little back. Maybe Owen’s is trying to show maximum tweeting effort to see how elite a tweeter he can become!! 😂😂