Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Thanks, V. I’m not happy with this decision cause the biggest issue stays, but I do like that TStan and his man are linked in the result. Just hard to believe TStan has such a low level of discernment.
The coordinators are going to be the sacrificial lambs to appease the mob. If CGC replaces them with the best of the best, do we start winning ball games or does he still get in the way?

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
As a RB you think TQM would be better than Gibbs or Mason? As a QB you think he’d be better than Sims or Yates? No chance. I understand former players are displeased with the program, but throwing out bogus claims overestimating their abilities isn’t going to help anything

He could play HB easily in this system. That doesn’t mean he would be first on the depth chart. I never said that. I don’t think he was insinuating that, either.

What has Sims and Yates really done that TM can’t? Sims in theory can throw the ball better, but has he actually thrown the ball well in games? No, not at all. He’s at his best when he’s scrambling around…something TM could do.

Geoff and Co. talked **** first. They **** all over guys like TM in the previous regime. I say TM can talk his **** back.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
In a sense, if you have others making the hiring/firing decisions for you, it really isn't a great job in the first place. I could see how a guy would want out of that. Not defending him or anything but it does make you wonder who is running the show there.
I guess you are right, but as many have pointed out, TStan, other than I believe being sold a bill of goods by GC, has made some great hiring decisions. He would have remained if he was allowed to make another HC decision. It is likely he would have gotten the 2nd one more right.

But, as you say, we have no idea how nutty the $$ people are he answers to.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
as a slot wr, where he probably would be best, yeah, i think he could be as good as what is currently out there.
He played QB in high school and was recruited to Tech as a RB. Why would he be a slot receiver? He wouldn’t be better than McGowan who’s our primary slot right now. TaQuon did everything he could at Tech, but he was a product of the system he played in. He would not provide value to the current system unless he wanted to be like Tobias Oliver and turn into basically a utility player.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
He's getting his career on Collins righting this. Super risky, if it works he's got job security for a while.
If it doesn't well, he goes down with him
Todd is 60. Getting fired isn’t the worst that can happen. He’ll get a payout and probably go to a school with more resources.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
AGREE!

Been saying that, but mods could care less.

This thread has been stupid for a very long time. Why it is allowed to continue I could not guess.

Maybe they agree with all of this, but try to look like bystanders.
This thread is an embarrassment to the swarm at this point. People have said what they have to say. It's just venting and piling on at this point. Damn near every single person piling on has a raging boner for Monken and are still bitter that Paul Johnson quit.

There's zero point in letting the piling on continue. Staff changes are coming likely as soon as tomorrow. No amount of immature comments and whining is going to get Collins fired on here.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
The coordinators are going to be the sacrificial lambs to appease the mob. If CGC replaces them with the best of the best, do we start winning ball games or does he still get in the way?
Well, I have trouble even giving an opinion to your premise cause I can’t see us getting any “best”. But, if the culture is the problem, he will probably get in the way.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
No disputing that. But it means he is a figurehead and a "director" in title only. I could see a person not wanting to be in that situation.
It’s the same reason Tennessee is a mess (the Haslam). And Auburn. Those are very frustrating jobs because you are only an administration. The real decisions are made by others.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
This thread is an embarrassment to the swarm at this point. People have said what they have to say. It's just venting and piling on at this point. Damn near every single person piling on has a raging boner for Monken and are still bitter that Paul Johnson quit.

There's zero point in letting the piling on continue. Staff changes are coming likely as soon as tomorrow. No amount of immature comments and whining is going to get Collins fired on here.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better, but not everyone here wants Monken. lol

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
I keep coming here looking for news:

1638069980772.gif

/

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Here's the scoop:

Meetings tomorrow. TStan and the money. TStan and Collins. Collins and the team.

Thacker, Burton and more (Patenude) are gone. Key might resign.

TStan is hitched to Collins. If Collins is canned next year, TSTAN goes with him.

The internal thinking is to upgrade the assistants and hold onto the recruiting class.

So announcement on firings tomorrow? Monday?

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
In my opinion, the $ wouldn’t have offered him a chance to distance himself if that’s not the decision they ultimately want. They should just step up to the plate and force the issue. Why wait another year?
I think another poster addressed this. Collins apparently has a pretty good class coming in. Firing him NOW kills that. Best to salvage as much as you can.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
He could play HB easily in this system. That doesn’t mean he would be first on the depth chart. I never said that. I don’t think he was insinuating that, either.

What has Sims and Yates really done that TM can’t? Sims in theory can throw the ball better, but has he actually thrown the ball well in games? No, not at all. He’s at his best when he’s scrambling around…something TM could do.

Geoff and Co. talked **** first. They **** all over guys like TM in the previous regime. I say TM can talk his **** back.
He would be 4th at best on the depth chart at RB on this team.

He was a 40% passer and threw a pick for every 25 passes in a system designed to get wide open looks down the field.

If there wouldn’t have been so many injuries and attrition he probably wouldn’t have even played for CPJ’s system at RB, much less QB.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck

Exactly. CGC talked like the talent level was so low and he and his staff were going to show us all the light. he crapped on all the good work that had been done. It’s ok to talk s**t but at some point you have to back it up. 9-25 doesn’t get it done…